main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Bib Fortuna masterminds a plot that gets him out of his brain walker and is ready to take over the galaxy, but sadly his reign will be cut short by some sort of Viper.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A hilarious running gag between Wedge and Ackbar concerning the latter's zero-g fish tank begins, and we also learn about the treasured art of Tatooine ice sculptures, oh and Wincho officially becomes a thing.

GrimdarkRose and jaoblias like this.
  3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [face_plain]

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  4. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    Treachery abounds when the reminants of Jabba's empire join forces with the imperials! (dunn dunn da)

5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Lugija wins, unsurprisingly.

[​IMG]

I miss Plourr.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    She has more hair on the cover than in the issue... :confused:

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Stackpole finally remembers that there are actually 12 pilots in a squadron, but even then only goes up to 10, only for them to losethe tomboyish pilot Plourr, who is revealed to be a princess, just in time to tackle some intrigue on her planet.​

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Despite what the cover wants you to think, Leia is not in this story -- the princess turns out to be the beer-swilling, face-punching redneck who's been in the squadron the whole run, allowing Stackpole to do a riff on the Anastasia story that's just as bald as the princess is.

9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Okay, I refuse to end this round after only one vote.

Lugija likes this.
  10. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    After a trip in the desert, the Rogues find out that their member who acts the least like a princess actually is a princess, so they travel to her world to deal with swamps, scheming aristocrats, swamps, a mind-controlled fake evil brother, swamps, a teenage dominatrix moffess, and swam---actually a civilized urban capital in uprising.

Is there a reason the thread title is always one book behind?

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Ask Jello.

12. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Tenel Ka finally gets her own comic...oh wait.

Gorefiend and CooperTFN like this.
  13. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
  14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Okay, now Havac wins.

[​IMG]

15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Hot Human on Bothan action [face_dunno]

16. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    The power of the Sith is great and malign . . . it can turn a lowly technician into a master of evil . . . it can give a Bothan a magic hand . . . it can mind-control an entire race . . . it can give Tycho bad dreams . . . it can hypnotize Wedge Antilles . . . it can kill off members of the squadron for the first time . . . it can even make Hobbie and Janson sleep with anthropomorphic dog-women.

Gorefiend likes this.
  17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    In which Rogue Squadron's reputation of losing pilots is conclusively justified, as two of their pilots- the only two Stackpole ever kills that can be considered slightly above redshirt status- die not in some pedestrian dogfight, but in an incident involving Sith magic.

18. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Ibtisam, Lujayne, and Riv Shiel would like a word with you.

19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Riv Shiel was totally a red shirt :p Or, at the very least, a tier three character whose importance to the narrative was dramatically overstated in his final moments and immediately following his death in an attempt to compensate for Stackpole not bothering to develop him. That final scene in The Bacta War has always, and forever will annoy the hell out of me.

I will give you Lujayne and Ibtisam, though. Had forgotten about those two. I do believe a similar case can be made for Lujayne, but I do give her something of a pass because she did have at least one poignant conversation with Corran.

TheRedBlade and AdmiralWesJanson like this.
  20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Eh, Shiel is "slightly above redshirt status" -- he made it for four books, got to do a handful of things, had a backstory. He's not your typical "Guy introduced in the same work he dies in" Stackpole redshirt.

21. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Riv Shiel was a redshirt who took four books to die. Stackpole made a half-hearted attempt to characterize him, but you could tell that he didn't really care. When he died, the only reaction I had was "That guy's still alive? The hell?"

22. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    Bothans? Yes. Tourists? No. Smoking hot? ...possibly. [face_cow]

CooperTFN likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Illogical inter-species romance abounds between the Rogues, with a Bith falling for a Sullustan, a Mon Cal falling for a Quarren, and a human or two falling for Bothans.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I need to re-read these really badly. The only ones I remember super clearly are the Fel / Pestage / Isard ones, because I've read them only 50,000 times. :p

25. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    HA

This was the first comic I read.

It had a crazy magic hand and someone got turned into a Bith and then they made a sucide run and killed the bad guy. Then everyone partied like it was the Forest moon of Endor and left with ghosts watching.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.