Lit One Sentence or Less -- GALAXY OF FEAR: THE NIGHTMARE MACHINE

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Okay, round length is now officially delineated as somewhere between two days and whenever-the-hell-I-remember-it. Anyway, @Chuck wins.

Rebel Dawn.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Nov 12, 2012
  2. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Everything Han Solo did short of taking a wizz immediately before A New Hope, with fill in the blank Brian Daley brilliance.
    RC-1991 and krtmd like this.
  3. krtmd Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    In a rushed attempt to set up for ANH, Han wins the Falcon, attends Chewie's wedding, dumps Salla and takes a side trip to the other Han Solo Trilogy, reunites with Leia Bria, the star of the Rebellion, organizes the Battle for Ylesia, gets double crossed, makes the Kessel run in less that 12 parsecs, dumps Jabba's spice - and we learn more about Hutts than anyone has a right to.

eta. I should disqualify myself on the grounds that @instantdeath said it so much better than I. You are Brian Daley to my A.C Crispin. [face_laugh]
    Last edited by krtmd, Nov 12, 2012
    Random Comments and instantdeath like this.
  4. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    Han attends Chewie's wedding, wins the Falcon, gets double-crossed by the worst love interest ever, performs the awesome Daley trilogy, makes the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs and dumps Jabba's spice, all before the meeting with Kenobi and Skywalker
    MistrX and Random Comments like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Even though krtmd got the most likes? o_O These really are some flexible rules you got, Coop. :p

EDIT: Never mind, that was the previous round. Man, so few entries. Disney's taking our attention away from all these cool games.
    Last edited by Todd the Jedi, Nov 12, 2012
  6. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    It was bad timing choosing this trilogy now. I haven't read these books since they were released, and I'm patiently waiting to read them again until mid December. So I can be in a Han Solo state of mind when Scoundrels is released. Surely I could come up with something in about 45 days.
    Random Comments likes this.
  7. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Sound like it was just bad timing for you. :p

Yeah; part of the reason I keep forgetting lately is that the thread hasn't been hanging around near the top very long.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Nov 12, 2012
  8. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    The story of Bria Tharin, heroine of the rebellion, guest starring Han Solo.
  9. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Bumping. Started this one late, so one more day.
  10. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    In the final chapter of the Bria Tharen Trilogy, Bria betrays that guy she claimed to love, but sacrifices her life while behind enemy lines, in order to protect the only mission to retrieve the Death Star plans.
  11. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Sadly, no one has mentioned the reference to Rebellion narco-terrorism.
  12. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    @Charlemagne19 wins, with a paltry four votes, because you people are lame, and/or the HST isn't very popular. Either way, to breathe a little more life into this thing, let this stand as Official Notice that I will be doing the Thrawn Trilogy exactly one round from now - so starting in 48 hours or so at the soonest. Mods, if one of you * @cough* could add (coming up: The Thrawn Trilogy) to the thread title, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime...

Tatooine Ghost.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Nov 15, 2012
  13. GrandAdmiralJello Emperor: Community & Lit

Manager
    star 10
    Leia and Han have awkward hospital sex, Thrawn cosplays as a stormtrooper, and the main characters suddenly realize that TPM happened.
    Last edited by GrandAdmiralJello, Nov 15, 2012
  14. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    Hey, do you remember all those things and people from the prequels, because Troy Denning sure does, and now it's time for Leia to meet and/or look at them!
  15. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Enter the Squibs: If there were ever a time I wanted Han Solo to turn renegade gunslinger, it was so he could blow their brains all over the sand.
    Jedi Ben, colojedi7, krtmd and 3 others like this.
  16. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    The most annoying Squibs show up and Han fails to shoot them while Denning shoe-horns in every side character from The Phantom Menace all to steal a painting that Thrawn needs to do something
    Random Comments and instantdeath like this.
  17. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    After Leia decides not to have children due to the possibility of them being psychopaths, the discovery of the Tusken massacre compels her to reconsider.
    MistrX, fistofan1, Jedi Ben and 8 others like this.
  18. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    The Swayze version is better.
  19. krtmd Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Han and Leia host a Travel Channel special "Tatooine and The Phantom Menace: Why you Should Care" for OT Fans.
  20. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    When trying to convince a princess to father your children there's no better way to prove your point than dressing up like a Devorian, chasing a piece of art accross a desert, discovering the background of her parentage or showing her a good time in a run down hostel on a backwater planet after just recovering from severe dehydration sickness.
    Last edited by Runjedirun, Nov 16, 2012
    Tim Battershell likes this.
  21. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    Let's try that again:
    When trying to convince a princess to be the mother your children there's no better way to prove your point than dressing up like a Devorian, chasing a piece of art accross a desert, discovering the background of her parentage or showing her a good time in a run down hostel on a backwater planet after just recovering from severe dehydration sickness.
  22. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    You still spelled "Devaronian" wrong. :p
  23. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    And across.
  24. krtmd Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Run down hostel? I'm pretty sure Han and Leia get busy in the Hutt wing of the nicest place in Anchorhead. Not that that's saying much. :p
  25. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6