Lit One Sentence or Less -- HEIR TO THE JEDI

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 7
    What about Mercy Kill?
  2. Hoss Delgado Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Taliban infiltrate 3/4 of the US government in about a month, and elect a random Nigerian rebel as President. Meanwhile they set up a news station, PHOX News, and convince everyone that Buddhism is actually a sex trafficking ring.

Actually it was Golden who came up with most of that crap, but Denning is no better.
    DarthRelaxus, The Compeer and Gamiel like this.
  3. The Compeer Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Ooh, ooh, and the Buddhists themselves are gun-toting Kung Fu commandos (no matter how little sense that makes) who had removed the sitting president not long earlier, and their method of defeating the Taliban (who they're primarily fighting because of the dynamiting of the Bamiyan Buddhas, naturally) involves blowing up half of Washington in "targeted tactical strikes), and some crazy lady who thinks she's Cthulhu and murdered the Nigerian decides to have Washington nuked and missile command listens to her for reasons that are never explained, and the Buddhists are exiled from the US and set up shop on some island off of Japan, which is, of course, ruled by a Buddhist monarch at the time. This sounds a lot more fun than Apocalypse itself, actually! :D
  4. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 7
    There are but 3 exceptions to this rule and that's one of them!
    DarthRelaxus and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. AusStig Force Ghost

star 4
    Really there are only two words that explain how far the EU has fallen under Denning:

"Jedi Assassins"

As in the Jedi set out to murder people, and they do it. Yay for our 'heros'
  6. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 7
    Weren't the Jedi Shadows of the KoTOR era this- but specifically devoted to hunting down and destroying darksiders specifically?
    tjace likes this.
  7. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    The disaster that is the post-NJO comes to a head when Denning brings in TCW, specifically Mortis, to try to explain what has happened to the galaxy since RotJ, not even just NJO.
    LightsaberAccident likes this.
  8. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, they do already look like the modern interpretation of assassins...
    [IMG]
  9. AusStig Force Ghost

star 4
    2 things

1. Those games are massively historically revisionist ( I know cause the new one even says that lol)

2. You get -10 points for not showing one of them with a lightsaber [face_not_talking] for shame sir, for shame
    GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  10. Loopy777 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    FOTJ: APOCALYPSE

Despite unrelenting enemies, traitors to the cause, and death all around, the villains of the story manage to overcome the odds and defeat both the Jedi and the Galactic Alliance, securing a galaxy where darkness can reign unchecked while its enemies cower in fear in the rump end of space, and the future is open for further conquest.
    AusStig, CooperTFN and The Compeer like this.
  11. Mia Mesharad Force Ghost

star 4
    If the Jedi Order were being written with even half the thought, depth, diversity, or characterization as those Assassins, both the Star Wars universe and we as fans would be a lot better off.
    Contessa, Jedi Ben, Dante1120 and 4 others like this.
  12. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 6
    Complexly written Jedi are not following the Jedi canon.
    Contessa, JackG, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  13. The Compeer Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Diversity? Bah! A good Jedi can do everything, like fly a fighter, kill things with a lightsaber, and, uh, some third thing. Specialization is for insects!
  14. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Feel like I read an article about that once...

@Loopy777 - just want to state for the record that I'm biased toward your entries because of your avatar.
    AusStig and Mia Mesharad like this.
  15. Loopy777 Jedi Grand Master

star 1

I'll take all the help I can get. :D I've used it for years, and it actually inspired my username.

To not waste this post, I came up with another sentence:

Allana watches while guts spill out, fingers fly, bodies are turned into goo, spines are bitten clean through, and a teenage couple breaks up... and she's still watching.
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    Another hack job with tons of guts, dismembered limbs, death, and self-references to some osik trilogy in that CWAS kiddie show all the while attempting to pass off as a finale to a series . . . and it still falls to some wannabe Lovecraftian horror
    Jedi Ben and Hoss Delgado like this.
  17. Vialco Force Ghost

star 4
    Darth Krayt wakes up from his stasis nap to take on Abeloth and is so badly injured during the fight that he has to go right back to sleep for another century.
  18. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Apologies for putting this one off for so long, partly because I actually wanted to finish our next book. @Jeff_Ferguson closes out FOTJ.

And now for something a little less traumatizing.

[IMG]

For those wondering where Crucible is (hasn't there been enough suffering?), don't worry, it will come. But don't worry about that now. Just enjoy today.
  19. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    During his first month on Tatooine, Obi-Wan has some tasty drinks, cuts off a few limbs and gets in trouble with a woman, so nothing new here.
  20. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 7
    In which JJM reminds us why Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the most iconic Star Wars figures of all time.
    Last edited by Iron_lord, Nov 21, 2013
  21. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 6
    In which Zayne Carrick, Kerra Holt, and Obi-Wan Kenobi all appear on the same page...this must be a dream come true!
  22. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 6
    Or a book written by JJM.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost

star 4
    Not mutually exclusive.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 6
    I thought the implication was that they were one in the same.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    There's Something About Mosep.
    Plaristes and DigitalMessiah like this.