main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    That's because he was told to break up Luke and Callista to open the door for Mara.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    KJA had Lando PURSUE Mara and Mara put off.

"Children of the Jedi" had them having sex.

Which is, again, entirely okay by me. Lando is the Playa.

krtmd likes this.
  3. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    NOPE! Luke had to question Mara on something that he should have no way of knowing so she can properly explain it away.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    People can dislike the notion of Landra all they want, but I think Zahn going so far as to retcon it in HoT is one of the pettiest things I've ever seen from a professional author.

5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    What's funny is that both Zahn and Stackpole talk about how they were fixing Star Wars in interviews during that time period.

Edit: Actually, I can't say that Stackpole did, but Zahn definitely did. I found the interview!

6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, and get back on topic, or whatever. :p

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    On topic, "Starfighters of Adumar":

Whee, stuff go boom!

8. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    The book from which about a third of the quotes on Wookieepedia's Quote of the Day are from, the other two thirds being the movies and then everything else.

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Besides the Denning/Traviss Mandolore nanites thing?

My entry:
    Allston manages to make politician Wedge, serious Wes, talkative Hobbie, and poor-pilot Tycho not only work, but blended them into an emotional but hilarious adventure.

I would love to see Starfighters of Adumar as a movie directed by Joss Weadon.

Sarge likes this.
  10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm not even totally clear on how that played out with them, but it's one thing to undo a direction someone else went that you don't like, and another to erase something that doesn't affect your stories in any way. Landra having happened wouldn't have required one word of HoT to change--Zahn just didn't like anyone else playing with his totes fave ship.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Basically, Denning tried to kill every surviving clone Traviss had on Mandalore. In retaliation, Traviss wrote a clause in 501st with some funny stuff about how because of genetic modifications, the clones didn't have the same blood as Fett so they'd be "safe" from the nanovirus, or something. Same explanation was used when she basically said that no one else on Mandalore except the clones would be affected by Uthan's virus, so they had to get a cure fast.

12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    About the only thing interesting in the EU now apart from the occasional good book is to see the behind the scenes sniping and power plays between the authors.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I wish there was a blog about their experiences collected.

14. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Fighter pilots... with guns (that are swords!)

Gorefiend likes this.
  15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Lots of people in the 3-5 vote range on this one, but Todd squeaks it out once more.

[​IMG]

16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Han Solo fights Space Nazis in Space, led by his evil doppelganger with the requisite goatee which is rather fittingly the Space Hitler Mustache.

GrimdarkRose, Gamiel and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Incidentally, just looking at that cover makes me feel 17 again.

18. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The mysterious and fantastic world of Corellia, hidden for so long, is revealed as an isolated and boring backwater.

BigAl6ft6, The Compeer and Sarge like this.
  19. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Han takes the family home, while Lando uses Luke as his wing man in his quest to become a kept man.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Han gets caught up in a plot masterminded by his evil cousin who- you guessed it- looks just like Han except he has a beard…. of EVIL!!!

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The only thing we remember about this book is the part at the end of every single Bantam book where Anakin breaks that one droid.

22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Our heroes go to rescue Corellia, which has been ignored by the New Republic for a decade despite being its second most important world.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Han and Leia go on a family vacation to Corellia, where they find Corellia's first archaeological dig in TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND YEARS and Han's fascist evil identical twin cousin (apparently twin was too on the nose, but identical evil cousin, oh, that's just fine), while Lando goes off to marry for money in a plotline that will strain to be relevant and which also includes Luke for no particular reason other than it's Star Wars and Luke has to be in the book somewhere.

Big Fat'Lya likes this.
  24. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
    Fixed for historical accuracy.

25. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    True enough.