main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    This entire forum is PROMOTED!

Ulicus and Zorrixor like this.
  2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Oooooh, do I get colors now?

Random Comments likes this.
  3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Following the events of Return of the Jedi, Bib Fortuna travels to a dark world where he meets with a talking mouse in a hooded robe who foretells of the end of time, when all that Bib knows will be as dust and time will literally be rewritten as darkness falls unto the worlds of man and mousekind alike.

[​IMG]

Edit: And I've just see that krtmd already did this. I hate you :p

krtmd likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I never did understand why Mickey donned dark robes. Riku was at least on a very obvious journey through the darkness, but Mickey just seemed to be acting obtuse. He didn't go evil, didn't get influenced by the darkness... he just wanted to dress in drag?

5. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    From memory, I think they're meant to protect you in the realm of darkness or something.

Anyway, since krtmd had already done the Episode VII link, my second entry:

Bib Fortuna travels to the word of Dentro where his encounter with a man with white eyes called Guff Mac sets in motion a forced chain of events that will bring about many dark falls in the decades ahead.

6. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Bib Fortuna (not not-Bib) is the last sane being in a galaxy with splitting timelines and continuities, and must defeat the Dark Falls, whose history-altering conspiracy reaches further than the Galactic Civil War and pushes beyond the fourth wall.

cthugha, Random Comments and Zorrixor like this.
  7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Havac wins the round amid hilariously tough competition, and I win the "demonstrate why Jello should never be given an ounce of power" contest. Moving on...

Ruins of Dantooine.

Snark for snark's sake will be disqualified. Make it funny, make it tough, but make it count.

[face_whistling]

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The only Star Wars Galaxies tie-in; for a very good reason.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dusque Mistflier goes on a MacGuffin hunt with a tall dark stranger who's totally not an Imperial agent, whilst enjoying exotic locales and zoological specimens animals and meeting everyone from the movies, but is betrayed by the man who is definitely not a bad guy and joins the Rebellion because Empire bad, rebels good.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The Uncle Leo of sexism wanders around Galaxies locations for generic-plot reasons, meets Galaxies NPCs for no specific reason, observes Galaxies wildlife for surprisingly logical reasons, and eventually things happen and there's a twist that no one really cares about, because this uber-bland book manages to make even Inquisitors boring.

11. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Duque Mistflier and Totally-Not_Imp_Agent-Syke! go on the biggest MacGuffin hunt preceeding TOR Revan, meet nearly everyone from the original films and joins Rebels cos Imp's suck-lolz

12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The Star Wars version of Waiting for Godot.

13. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I've not read Ruins of Dantooine and have often wondered what the problem is...

But you have just given me reason to NEVER go near Ruins of Dantooine.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The only Star Wars book that the entire fandom agrees should be avoided (even more than Jedi Trial); read, and see why Crystal Star really is a gift from a deity in comparison to this!

15. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I did! *shudders*.

16. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    A hapless spacer wanders around collecting plot points and meeting designated NPCs in a manner as much like an MMORPG newbie as can possibly be managed, while the villains succeed only in being astonishingly forgettable.

17. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Jedi trial wasn't THAT bad.....comparatively, anyway.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    A book starring Inquisitor Lame Wretch -- err I mean Loam Redge --.where the preview chapter describing Vader as a force of nature is as good as it gets, so don't waste your time with the rest of it.

Zeta1127 and RC-1991 like this.
  19. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    DO NOT WANT

Zeta1127, KamSolusar and Zorrixor like this.
  20. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I think Waiting for Godot is a comic masterpiece... at least the way they play it in Dublin. But then, I also enjoyed Ruins of Dantooine. (Not on the same level, though...)

My entry:

A safari through the outskirts of the Galactic Civil War, featuring lots of scenic views, some exobotany and a healthy dose of awkward romance, plus cameos.

21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I admit I had fun when I had to write an essay about it and just royally took the existential proverbial by saying Godot was a magic Irish fairy that lived in reeds and that Vladimir and Estragon standing around a blasted tree could be seen as a parallel of the Stewards of Gondor waiting for the White Tree to grow leaves once more. :p

tjace likes this.
  22. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    And I bet you Beckett would have loved it. He was quite a funny person apparently. At least when he wasn't stalking James Joyce's daughter in cattle wagons.

23. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Never read it, but it sounds like Tattooine Ghost with a different set of characters.

24. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Believe me, Tatooine Ghost is parsecs better!

Random Comments likes this.
  25. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    To be quite honest, some of you guys are doing a fantastic job in making me want to read this book.

Congratulations/shame on you

Zorrixor and Random Comments like this.