main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Started this one a little late, so I'm giving it another day. Jello's the man to beat, people! It's not too late!

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Bah, Jello has only two on me. :p

Of course, if my BFF/polar opposite Jello wins, I will have no hard feelings. We are allies against the Sith, after all. :D

--Adm. Nick

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    lol truth be told Nick, I almost considered not entering since I didn't think I had a chance of catching up to your huge lead :p

4. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I have another one!

The entire OTL era re-told, with a jerk Skywalker, and the cry of Death to the False Emperor.

5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    You are still ahead by one. Hey, this thread is democractic, so you will not hear me complain. If you win, it is the will of the people. Considering, as you know, that my name means "Victory of the People", I must respect their wishes. [face_flag]

--Adm. Nick

6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Yeah, so I totally forgot about this for a couple days, and lo and behold, Nick and Jello are tied. So now we're going into sudden death - whichever entry gets another vote wins.*

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  8. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Bugs... why did it have to be bugs?

9. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    If we believe the thesis that the post-NJO is a trainwreck, then this book is where some little kid first put a penny on the tracks.

(yes, I know that the penny on train tracks thing is a myth)

Zorrixor likes this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I am honored. ^:)^

Random Comments

You sir have earned the rarely given and (rarely asked) for Platinum Ackbar Medal with Seaweed Leaf Clusters.

--Adm. Nick

11. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    We finally get to see Jacen and Tenel Ka get together, a scene I had been desperately wanting to see in profic for over a decade; only Denning turns what should have been a very affectionate scene into a quid quo pro arrangement.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Deciding to forget about all the development and maturity she gained in the Vong war, Jaina joins a bug cult, has lots of sex with Zekk, and just generally messes up everyone's lives, while Jacen acts all holier-than-thou to Luke and Mara is best friends with a lizard.

colojedi7 and cthugha like this.
  13. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    The book that shows that Denning didn't comprehend or understand Traitor and The Unifying Force, thus substituting it with the "same old, same old" osik where everything is magically back to the pre-Vong War status quo, Jaina and Zekk sleep with bugs, Jacen and Saba act holier-than-thou, and the Big Three plus Mara dither around for hours chasing after random species, plus Kyle Katarn gets to do something but we're not exactly sure what

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    That sounds delicious.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  15. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    The beginning of the inevitable trilogy about the Killiks that we knew was coming after reading Tatooine Ghost.

16. Jedi_Glover

Jedi_Glover Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Jacen has changed for the worst, Jaina acts like a teenager again, and Luke begins to reconsider the Jedi's philosophy.

17. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Just about everybody: Dude, the Killiks ate my character development!

18. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    All the things that make Star Wars great: moral ambiguity, a rabid Ewok, a bug orgy, and efflux.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The book where I stopped caring about the post-NJO novels.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The book where the post-NJO novels died for me, to the point I have no interest whatsoever in reading DNT, LotF, and FotJ.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The Joiner King: Welcome to the Denningverse!

Zeta1127 likes this.
  22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The book that made Denon useless again.

23. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    The book that swept away the few good or interesting new/different accomplishments of the NJO (Denon as the new galactic capital, Coruscant stuck as ruins for some time, Jacen actually being useful and a hero, Luke being on the front lines against the Vong without any darkside worries) and replaced it with the status quo of a galactic government that is at best incompetent and nearly useless to adversarial and a completely dysfunctional New Jedi Order and ruined and soon to be ruined former Young Jedi Knight characters, although this and the following books confirmed my belief that I do not like Del Rey's idea of a multi-book series (still not an NJO fan, but even less so after this book).

Zeta1127 likes this.
  24. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Jaina loves bugs, Jacen comes out of a 5 year hiatus to meet the bugs and Ben brings home a killer bug.

colojedi7 likes this.
  25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey, remember all the cool stuff The Unifying Force did to set up a new status quo -- because Troy Denning doesn't.

MistrX, Grey1, Jedi_Glover and 8 others like this.