main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    No. But we can do one word or less.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The bad cover art burns us, burns us!

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  3. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Because the Jedi certainly don't have enough problems already, what with Daala, young Jedi going crazy and Luke exiled, they pull a new Sith army from out of nowhere and yet the story still isn't that interesting.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Despite appearances and early hints, the series' biggest reveal is that Vestara Khai is not, in fact, a moody vampire teenager–she's just a moody Sith teenager.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Jag Fel finally pops the question to Jaina, thereby finally for the last time bringing an end to teh dramas surrounding Jaina’s love life permanently, we swear. [face_batting]

6. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    Those Who Dwell Beyond the Veil... or possibly, by this point in the post-NJO, Beyond the Pale.

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Minds out of the gutter, guys--she's fifteen.

Not present company; that's my entry. :p

8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    It's been over three years since I read this book, but who are you referring to? The Sith Masters? Because I'm pretty sure no other male character met Ves until Abyss.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Late to the party....

For all I found Rodan's bureaucratic outlook irritating in DW, he likely would have been a very good peace time Chief of State, as then you can afford to cross the t's and dot the i's of government processes without having a war to deal with. As war-time CoS? Ye gods no, but peace time, probably work fine.

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The general readership. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  12. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Good news, everyone: Ben has a love interest now, and she's a Sith because Batman and Catwoman are the best possible role models for a romance in fiction, right?

13. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Luke and Ben visit the Aing-Tii and have adventures which we're told about but not shown, Jaina speaks with excellent diction for some reason and also goes to the zoo, the badguys are belatedly introduced and given an obligatory backstory that's not half as interesting as the other backstory being written by John Jackson Miller, the good guys mobilize their forces so that Jaina and Jag can do it in a motel, and it all fizzles out into a climax-free finish in just over 200 pages, leaving you scratching your head and wondering why you're being charged hardcover prices.

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It was only after Outcast shipped that LFL realized they had released a major product that didn't include Sith; Christie Golden was required to remedy this oversight immediately.

BigAl6ft6, AusStig, lbr789 and 9 others like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Lit posters, one book at a time, one post at a time, affirm my decision not to read the FOTJ series.

16. Loopy777

Loopy777 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2013
    The previous book at least had decent writing and characterization, so your best bet is to re-read that one, but whenever you get a part about Kessel, substitute one of John Jackson Miller's Lost Tribe stories; the overall experience will be similar and yet improved.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's not a bad idea...only I'd say keep the Kessel scenes, and do the Lost Tribe things in Omen and replace them for every scene that's not Luke and Ben. Maybe throw in the Jag/Jaina proposal just for consistency.

18. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Bob Hope and Bing Crosby Luke and Ben continue the worst road trip ever (no booze and the chick they pick up is no good), while Han and Leia get attacked at the Ag Fair.

19. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    At least they got rid of Traviss.

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Hey, a lost planet of Mandalorians probably would've been more interesting than (yet another) lost planet of Sith. :p

21. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    I'd like to say it couldn't have been any worse, but I've been proven wrong saying that about more than enough EU products.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

Oh, we are talking about a different not cool sounding Omen, my fault [face_blush]

DarthRelaxus and Gorefiend like this.
  23. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    The authors decide that exactly what the EU needs is more Sith.

24. The Compeer

The Compeer Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2013
    Meh. Doesn't seem nearly specific enough.

25. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Del Ray won't stop until we're all sick of the word 'Sith'.