main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd send you my copy, ID, It's one that not even I want to keep on my bookshelf (which includes SotME, BTW - although that's not bad enough to actually chuck out)!

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, hey, look at my wrist.

Despite more surprisingly-stiff competition, blackmyron wins handily. I already have the next trilogy in mind, but I want to knock out another standalone or two first.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    That book with Darth Maul, which, along with Cloak of Deception, unfortunately needs to be read before Plagueis; therefore part of a loose trilogy, but with a variable numbering system and two different authors.

RC-1991 and CooperTFN like this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Before the movie, the phantom menace operates in the shadows and does what is needed to remain a phantom.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Darth Maul kills people: The Book.

MistrX, tjace, Plaristes and 6 others like this.
  6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The book that proves that Darth Maul is much better at recovering Palpatine's stolen plans than Darth Vader is.

7. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Except the Phantom Menace could be Sidious, in the background, controlling events through his pawns, or the rise of the Sith, or the (early) beginnings of the separatist movement, or the fact that Qui-Gon will become a force ghost, thus a phantom, menacing Yoda by telling him he can teach Yoda how to live forever, but was too lazy to talk earlier (when the Jedi were ALIVE). Okay, the last one was a stretch.

8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Guys, the "phantom menace" is the false one--i.e., everyone's freaking out about the Trade Federation but knows nothing of the Sith pulling their strings. Is that not clear?

9. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    It would appear not. They thought it was maul, and I listed other options. I'll just thin of the episode as Lucas-written, but Zahn chose the title, so it had multiple possible meanings. ;)

10. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    It's Film Noir meets Terminator in the Blade Runner bowels of Coruscant when you wish that a broken man, his cynical droid, and a Jedi to fall in love with weren't doomed going up against a menacing phantom named Darth Maul.

I wanted to put "high-octane chase with spectacular explosions" in to make it a better sell, but suddenly it didn't fit the mood anymore.

cthugha, Zorrixor, Zeta1127 and 3 others like this.
  11. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    In which Darth Maul, previously - or subsequently by in-universe chronology - depicted as little more than a lightsaber-wielding killer without more than ten words to string together, is revealed to be... a lightsaber-wielding killer who actually has quite a lot of words to string together, even if he doesn't say them all aloud, while his opponents desperately seek to survive, gradually winning our sympathy as they do so, all the while doomed by the necessities of the narrative since they've seen Maul's face, until these people finally come together, where necessity prevails, but our new friends go down fighting, valiant to the end.

Random Comments likes this.
  12. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Reaves writes a book on his own and for once manages to keep the timeframe of the story straight for the whole novel.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Damn, beat me to it! :p

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    A story of firsts: we see a contemplative Darth Maul, the life of a padawan's non-Jedi parent, a padawan failing her trials, and a naked Nute Gunray.

MistrX, cthugha and RC-1991 like this.
  16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    We always want more books about non-Force users, so here's a a propulsive hunted-man thriller about a non-Force user and his smartass droid . . . running around with a Jedi and getting chased by a Sith.

tjace and Random Comments like this.
  17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I know this round started late, but fistofan1 has a fairly definitive lead, so I'm calling it.

Labyrinth of Evil.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, see, there's this business on Cato Nemoidia where Obi-Wan gets totally drunk (again) and .... OH HEY LOOK IT'S ROTS!

19. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    The Jedi get this close to discovering Palpatine's secret identity, yet somehow the man still makes it look like it's all part of his plan.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The Jedi come thisclose to finding the Sith Lord they've been looking for and Anakin Skywalker's powers are half of what they are hours later in ROTS.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Random Comments, Zorrixor and cthugha like this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A Nute and his Chair: When not investing enough in anti-theft measures for his expensive holo-chair bites Gunray in the ass.

Zorrixor likes this.
  22. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Pretty much the only Clone Wars novel that bothers to include more than one planet, for which everyone interested in seeing the actual Clone Wars as a war and not a lengthy set of isolated battles is profoundly grateful.

23. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    The one where a chair is an important plot point.

:p

24. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Luke is an important plot point in many books.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We find out exactly why Obi-Wan says that "that business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't count", and Sidious sends the Jedi on a wild bantha chase and laughs his ass off.

CT-867-5309 and Zeta1127 like this.