main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The one where Palpatine tells Dooku that Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones but nobody believes him because TEH LIAR.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The penultimate novel of the Clone Wars multimedia project, in which James Luceno references every damn source he can, because he really cares about continuity.

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Darth Sidious learns an important lesson: ALWAYS delete your browsing history.

4. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    The Jedi make another attempt to learn the true identity of a rumored Sith Lord despite the fact that readers know that no secrets will be revealed until ROTS.

MistrX and Random Comments like this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Probably the best tie-in novel to a movie ever made. Excellent book. Still re-read it every now and then.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Kenobi and Skywalker continue the investigation into the phantom menace, starting with "that business on Cato Neimoidia," that ultimately leads the Jedi as close as they ever get to the phantom menace, but the phantom menace is a dejark grandmaster who demonstrates exactly why he is a dejark grandmaster, by hiding in plain sight.

Random Comments likes this.
  7. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    ...which, rather surprisingly, doesn't diminish the suspense one bit (didn't for me anyway).

Basically it's an inverse Columbo plot: not "how's he gonna get them?" but "how's he gonna get away this time?"

8. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    You've given me something to ponder. Also, you get 100 points for mentioning Columbo.

9. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Three sentences.

CooperTFN likes this.
  10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    With Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's cooperation, the Jedi come within inches of exposing Darth Sidious but are forced to call off the search to rescue Palpatine from General Grievous's vile clutches.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I felt the suspense, they really were hot on his trail.

12. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    The best Star Wars mystery ever written about a chair.

MistrX, lukemaraben, Zorrixor and 7 others like this.
  13. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    The book with the chair that almost ruined Sidious and the CIS and many battles plus the "business on Cato Neimoidia" with Kenobi and Skywalker

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The book that is just waiting for "that business" to be retold totally differently in TCW.

(I hadn't actually even thought about this before now, but people's focus on it makes it sound a guaranteed future arc.)

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bah, it has issues with the other Clone Wars cartoon so why not this one? :p

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The one where Grievous finds his badass cloak down the back of the sofa, kills 27 Jedi off-screen because he's that cool and Mace abandons the hunt for Sidious at just the wrong moment, getting the interesting side characters killed to show, once and for all, that Darth Sidious is the most conniving Sith we've ever seen... All the while Obi and Anakin go on a galactic pub crawl because a chair was so interesting that ends with Anakin screaming down the house at karaoke.

17. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    That is a grim prospect indeed... but in a way I don't really see that happening. TCW will end with "that business with Ahsoka", and I doubt that whatever this is would work as a lead-in to RotS. One would distract from the other, neither would gain -- and whatever not-so-positive opinion I might have about TCW, I doubt they would be that stupid.

On the other hand, if they just decide to show another "business on Cato Neimoidia"... well, we've had worse.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope not. But I am worried that you'll be right.

19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Maybe I should have also done a predictive summary? :p

Let's see... Hmm... I know!

CT-867-5309, cthugha and DarthRelaxus like this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *laughs*

No.

Just, no.

Anything but Maul surviving to RotS, pretty please :p

21. AirNeeva

AirNeeva Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2012
    Another Clone Wars novel, better known as "Chasing Palpatine", that including the mystery of a chair, constructed by a being with an questionable name.

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    And fistofan1 pulls off a 2-peat. Is that a thing?

Black Fleet: Before the Storm.

23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Duology, maybe?

24. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    The one where Ackbar has a key to Han and Leia's place. o_O

25. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    The book about space battles and the Black Fleet crisis and Luke running away with some strange woman