main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    New rule: if you use the title of the book in your summary of the book, you probably aren't trying hard enough. :p

2. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Or you're twisting the multiple meanings of the title into something brilliant...

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Before the days of shock deaths there were the ones with Luke's mother who turned out not to be Luke's mother.

Random Comments likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Lando goes on an adventure, Luke also goes on an adventure, and Leia is left to deal with a bunch of ornery aliens who are only slightly more tolerant than the Yuuzhan Vong.

5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah yeah yeah... I should get overtime pay for this. :p

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Leia gets drawn into the political web of one of the best villains ever; while Lando, Lobot, and the droids have the best random, unconnected sci-fi exploration plot ever; and Luke goes off on a pretty dull hunt for his mother that we don't know yet is total garbage, but at least it gets him out of his super-mopey Jedi midlife crisis where he tries to be a hermit and give up on life at age 35 . . . ever.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Ackbar threatens to bite the head off a frozen ormachek while Leia to threatens to destroy Ackbar's wedding gift as a means of relieving stress, hilarity ensues.

Yes folks, that is my entry. Deal with it. Stuff like that stands out. :p

--Adm. Nick

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, you have my vote.

10. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Mine too - although my entry was similar. I could never get over the fact that Ackbar lets himself into Han and Leia's bedroom while they are sleeping.

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I just love that Ackbar's concern was that he would catch his friends mating. Now THAT would of been awkward.

--Adm. Nick

GrandAdmiralJello and krtmd like this.
  12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    What are you, some kind of speciesist? What goes on in Han and Leia's bedroom is a matter for Han and Leia. :p

krtmd likes this.
  13. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Ok, sure, in this case I'll admit I have a species bias. An Ackbar/Leia/Han threesome is pretty low on my list of things I'd ever want to see in the EU. *shudders*

I'll stay out of the diversity thread, now that I've outed myself.

Random Comments and Zorrixor like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    All I can think about these last posts i this:

15. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    If it makes you feel any better, I blame this thread for having made me think the girl on the new Legacy series poster is the half-human/half-fish offspring of the dude and Mon Cal on the image. :p

krtmd likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The NR conveniently finds a complete Order of Battle when the one faction who would least benefit from its discovery starts negotiations with said NR; tension ensues.

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Goddammit I wanna read Truce at Bakura now

18. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    A racist species, an extinct species and a hidden cult attempt to merge into a contiguous story.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Luke is lied to about his parent (again) and gets free scolding as a bonus; meanwhile Lando chases a vagabond, Nil Spaar is even better than Nom Anor and fleet junkies get a distinct representation of fleet action.

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Not to worry; Ackbar swore off human threesomes after that time with the Celchus.

fistofan1, Zorrixor, krtmd and 2 others like this.
  21. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Formerly oppressed super grease monkeys develop delusions of grandeur and challenge the New Republic at a time when its leader seems incapable of being a high school class president and its greatest Jedi wants his mommy.

Zorrixor and Random Comments like this.
  22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG]

23. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    The one with Hiram Drayson and Lobot being utterly awesome for the first and (sadly) second-but-last time.

24. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Luke leaves Yavin IV to become a hermit and decides that his best course of action is to leave his academy in the care of another hermit.

25. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Luke takes a stab at retirement, Han Solo is a stay at home Dad, Chewbacca attends his son's Bar Mitzvah, Lando takes up archaeology and Leia goes in circles with Nil Spar.