main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I can't not like and quote a post with that image. [face_mischief]

CooperTFN likes this.
  2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    ANARCHY IN THE OSOL!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    *sprays RC with a fire hose*

4. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Oh, now we see the violence inherent in the system! HELP HELP, I'M BEING OPPRESSED!

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    One Sentence or Less this time, The Entire Lit Forum!

6. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Strange, stranger, IN-JOKES ABOUND!

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I sincerely hope you enjoyed your brief moment of lawlessness, because I assure you, that is about to change. While you may think you enjoy aimlessly scurrying around like the rats you so vividly resemble, I know that you crave order. That you need a kind, gentle and most important of all, forgiving guiding hand, one that will pick you up when you so frequently stumble and set you back on the path of righteousness.

Which, y'know, is my way of thanking Coop for imparting the great responsibility of leading this pack of rabid dogs, and for assuring the more well mannered of you that I mean to make this transition of power as painless as possible. I know many of you are frightened and confused, but don't worry. Live well, give your offerings and say your prayers facing my direction thrice a day, and you'll be fine.

In considering how I would begin my rule, I found I had two options. My first thought was that I could treat my new domain with the level of seriousness that it deserves. I could continue Coop's tradition and make a conscious effort to promote quality of entries by carefully choosing my subjects. I could take the high road, and seek not to cement my own personal rule, but to establish that I would approach my new responsibilities impersonally, that I'm more interested in what's truly best for One Sentence of Less than in leaving my own mark.

Then I thought better of it.

[​IMG]

We all knew this was coming. For those that felt I would at least have the dignity to wait awhile, well, you don't know me very well. Patience is for the weak.

I regret nothing. Except maybe that I don't get to submit an entry.

Finally, big round of applause for CooperTFN, guys. He made all of this possible. He did this to you. And I mean to make him regret it.

cthugha, krtmd, tjace and 7 others like this.
  8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Star Wars: The Glove of Darth Vader: Space whales, fashion statements from the deceased, and a constant nagging thought that this whole thing is just all wrong.

9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  10. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Introducing the most annoying protagonist since Mary Sue herself!

11. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    -50 points from Gryffindor.

Ken is introduced in the second book. Have you learned nothing? I haven't been seeing you around class lately, I suggest you fix that.

Though you could save face by saying you're talking about Trioculus...

RC-1991 and Random Comments like this.
  12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Of course, I must make amends.

Step aside, you overgrown Smurf! The TRUE Heir to the Empire has come forth!

13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    The only TRUE sequel to the Original Trilogy that will ever exist, because DARK GREETINGS.

AusStig and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    C-3PO gets painted green, Mofferences are introduced, and we get the beard-iest naval captain since Ahab.

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Soon to be known as "Episode VII: The Novelization".

AusStig, krtmd, Gorefiend and 4 others like this.
  16. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    From the second death star whose demise opened a wormhole for the titular glove, to the undersea slaughterhouse where it winds up, to the book's characterization, sense of logic and overall quality, the most appropriate descriptive phrase is to be found in the traditional cry of the Whaladon hunter - "she blows!"

17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    A book with a serious story behind it but presented in a way that makes it kidish.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The rebels learn that the glove of Darth Vader was transported from the remains of the second Death Star to Dac; many whaladons died to bring them this information.

krtmd, Plaristes, CooperTFN and 4 others like this.
  19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Just pointing out that so far, my YouTube video is winning.

Random Comments likes this.
  20. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Technically I'm winning. But don't tell no one [face_shhh]

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The "Glove of Darth Vader" is the physical manifestation of about 7,000 punchlines on TFN boards.

22. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    The Glove of Darth Vader: save the whales from a three-eyed Imperial imposter who believes in a dead man's magical glove!

23. The Compeer

The Compeer Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2013
    To be fair, Mary Sue herself was actually a parody. This...I pray to Waru daily that this is, in fact, a parody. Not sure he listens.

24. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Grand Admiral Takel's last stand.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    So I'm very amused that currently a post by the old thread ruler and the introduction post between the two are competing for your love and affection. It's the eternal struggle between old and new incarnate.

The twist is that neither of us can win. SO VOTE. For the record, I mean to try giving these things three days each, but I might find that I prefer Coop's two day system. Guess we'll just have to see if anyone still cares about this thing by the third day.