main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    What about Mercy Kill?

2. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 24, 2013
    The Taliban infiltrate 3/4 of the US government in about a month, and elect a random Nigerian rebel as President. Meanwhile they set up a news station, PHOX News, and convince everyone that Buddhism is actually a sex trafficking ring.

Actually it was Golden who came up with most of that crap, but Denning is no better.

DarthRelaxus, The Compeer and Gamiel like this.
  3. The Compeer

The Compeer Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2013
    Ooh, ooh, and the Buddhists themselves are gun-toting Kung Fu commandos (no matter how little sense that makes) who had removed the sitting president not long earlier, and their method of defeating the Taliban (who they're primarily fighting because of the dynamiting of the Bamiyan Buddhas, naturally) involves blowing up half of Washington in "targeted tactical strikes), and some crazy lady who thinks she's Cthulhu and murdered the Nigerian decides to have Washington nuked and missile command listens to her for reasons that are never explained, and the Buddhists are exiled from the US and set up shop on some island off of Japan, which is, of course, ruled by a Buddhist monarch at the time. This sounds a lot more fun than Apocalypse itself, actually! :D

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There are but 3 exceptions to this rule and that's one of them!

DarthRelaxus and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Really there are only two words that explain how far the EU has fallen under Denning:

"Jedi Assassins"

As in the Jedi set out to murder people, and they do it. Yay for our 'heros'

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Weren't the Jedi Shadows of the KoTOR era this- but specifically devoted to hunting down and destroying darksiders specifically?

tjace likes this.
  7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The disaster that is the post-NJO comes to a head when Denning brings in TCW, specifically Mortis, to try to explain what has happened to the galaxy since RotJ, not even just NJO.

LightsaberAccident likes this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Well, they do already look like the modern interpretation of assassins...
    [​IMG]

9. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    2 things

1. Those games are massively historically revisionist ( I know cause the new one even says that lol)

2. You get -10 points for not showing one of them with a lightsaber [face_not_talking] for shame sir, for shame

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  10. Loopy777

Loopy777 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2013
    FOTJ: APOCALYPSE

Despite unrelenting enemies, traitors to the cause, and death all around, the villains of the story manage to overcome the odds and defeat both the Jedi and the Galactic Alliance, securing a galaxy where darkness can reign unchecked while its enemies cower in fear in the rump end of space, and the future is open for further conquest.

AusStig, CooperTFN and The Compeer like this.
  11. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If the Jedi Order were being written with even half the thought, depth, diversity, or characterization as those Assassins, both the Star Wars universe and we as fans would be a lot better off.

12. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Complexly written Jedi are not following the Jedi canon.

Contessa, JackG, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  13. The Compeer

The Compeer Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2013
    Diversity? Bah! A good Jedi can do everything, like fly a fighter, kill things with a lightsaber, and, uh, some third thing. Specialization is for insects!

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Feel like I read an article about that once...

Loopy777 - just want to state for the record that I'm biased toward your entries because of your avatar.

AusStig and Mia Mesharad like this.
  15. Loopy777

Loopy777 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2013

I'll take all the help I can get. :D I've used it for years, and it actually inspired my username.

To not waste this post, I came up with another sentence:

Allana watches while guts spill out, fingers fly, bodies are turned into goo, spines are bitten clean through, and a teenage couple breaks up... and she's still watching.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Another hack job with tons of guts, dismembered limbs, death, and self-references to some osik trilogy in that CWAS kiddie show all the while attempting to pass off as a finale to a series . . . and it still falls to some wannabe Lovecraftian horror

Jedi Ben and Hoss Delgado like this.
  17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Darth Krayt wakes up from his stasis nap to take on Abeloth and is so badly injured during the fight that he has to go right back to sleep for another century.

18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Apologies for putting this one off for so long, partly because I actually wanted to finish our next book. Jeff_Ferguson closes out FOTJ.

And now for something a little less traumatizing.

[​IMG]

For those wondering where Crucible is (hasn't there been enough suffering?), don't worry, it will come. But don't worry about that now. Just enjoy today.

19. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    During his first month on Tatooine, Obi-Wan has some tasty drinks, cuts off a few limbs and gets in trouble with a woman, so nothing new here.

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In which JJM reminds us why Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the most iconic Star Wars figures of all time.

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    In which Zayne Carrick, Kerra Holt, and Obi-Wan Kenobi all appear on the same page...this must be a dream come true!

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Or a book written by JJM.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Not mutually exclusive.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I thought the implication was that they were one in the same.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    There's Something About Mosep.

Plaristes and DigitalMessiah like this.