Lit One Sentence or Less -- SHEEV

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    This entire forum is PROMOTED!
    Ulicus and Zorrixor like this.
  2. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oooooh, do I get colors now?
    Random Comments likes this.
  3. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Following the events of Return of the Jedi, Bib Fortuna travels to a dark world where he meets with a talking mouse in a hooded robe who foretells of the end of time, when all that Bib knows will be as dust and time will literally be rewritten as darkness falls unto the worlds of man and mousekind alike.

[IMG]

Edit: And I've just see that @krtmd already did this. I hate you :p
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Nov 25, 2012
    krtmd likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I never did understand why Mickey donned dark robes. Riku was at least on a very obvious journey through the darkness, but Mickey just seemed to be acting obtuse. He didn't go evil, didn't get influenced by the darkness... he just wanted to dress in drag?
  5. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    From memory, I think they're meant to protect you in the realm of darkness or something.

Anyway, since @krtmd had already done the Episode VII link, my second entry:

Bib Fortuna travels to the word of Dentro where his encounter with a man with white eyes called Guff Mac sets in motion a forced chain of events that will bring about many dark falls in the decades ahead.
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Nov 25, 2012
  6. tjace Force Ghost

star 4
    Bib Fortuna (not not-Bib) is the last sane being in a galaxy with splitting timelines and continuities, and must defeat the Dark Falls, whose history-altering conspiracy reaches further than the Galactic Civil War and pushes beyond the fourth wall.
    cthugha, Random Comments and Zorrixor like this.
  7. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    @Havac wins the round amid hilariously tough competition, and I win the "demonstrate why Jello should never be given an ounce of power" contest. Moving on...

Ruins of Dantooine.

Snark for snark's sake will be disqualified. Make it funny, make it tough, but make it count.

[face_whistling]
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Nov 26, 2012
  8. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    The only Star Wars Galaxies tie-in; for a very good reason.
    Last edited by Point Given, Nov 26, 2012
    Zeta1127, Ulicus and Random Comments like this.
  9. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Dusque Mistflier goes on a MacGuffin hunt with a tall dark stranger who's totally not an Imperial agent, whilst enjoying exotic locales and zoological specimens animals and meeting everyone from the movies, but is betrayed by the man who is definitely not a bad guy and joins the Rebellion because Empire bad, rebels good.
  10. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    The Uncle Leo of sexism wanders around Galaxies locations for generic-plot reasons, meets Galaxies NPCs for no specific reason, observes Galaxies wildlife for surprisingly logical reasons, and eventually things happen and there's a twist that no one really cares about, because this uber-bland book manages to make even Inquisitors boring.
  11. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    Duque Mistflier and Totally-Not_Imp_Agent-Syke! go on the biggest MacGuffin hunt preceeding TOR Revan, meet nearly everyone from the original films and joins Rebels cos Imp's suck-lolz
  12. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    The Star Wars version of Waiting for Godot.
  13. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    I've not read Ruins of Dantooine and have often wondered what the problem is...

But you have just given me reason to NEVER go near Ruins of Dantooine.
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Nov 27, 2012
  14. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    The only Star Wars book that the entire fandom agrees should be avoided (even more than Jedi Trial); read, and see why Crystal Star really is a gift from a deity in comparison to this!
  15. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
  16. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    A hapless spacer wanders around collecting plot points and meeting designated NPCs in a manner as much like an MMORPG newbie as can possibly be managed, while the villains succeed only in being astonishingly forgettable.
  17. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    Jedi trial wasn't THAT bad.....comparatively, anyway.
    GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    A book starring Inquisitor Lame Wretch -- err I mean Loam Redge --.where the preview chapter describing Vader as a force of nature is as good as it gets, so don't waste your time with the rest of it.
    Zeta1127 and RC-1991 like this.
  19. Darth_Culator Force Ghost

star 2
  20. cthugha Force Ghost

star 3
    I think Waiting for Godot is a comic masterpiece... at least the way they play it in Dublin. But then, I also enjoyed Ruins of Dantooine. (Not on the same level, though...)

My entry:

A safari through the outskirts of the Galactic Civil War, featuring lots of scenic views, some exobotany and a healthy dose of awkward romance, plus cameos.
  21. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    I admit I had fun when I had to write an essay about it and just royally took the existential proverbial by saying Godot was a magic Irish fairy that lived in reeds and that Vladimir and Estragon standing around a blasted tree could be seen as a parallel of the Stewards of Gondor waiting for the White Tree to grow leaves once more. :p
    tjace likes this.
  22. cthugha Force Ghost

star 3
    And I bet you Beckett would have loved it. He was quite a funny person apparently. At least when he wasn't stalking James Joyce's daughter in cattle wagons.
  23. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    Never read it, but it sounds like Tattooine Ghost with a different set of characters.
  24. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    Believe me, Tatooine Ghost is parsecs better!
    Random Comments likes this.
  25. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    To be quite honest, some of you guys are doing a fantastic job in making me want to read this book.

Congratulations/shame on you
    Zorrixor and Random Comments like this.