Lit One Sentence or Less -- SHEEV

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd send you my copy, ID, It's one that not even I want to keep on my bookshelf (which includes SotME, BTW - although that's not bad enough to actually chuck out)!
    Last edited by Tim Battershell, Nov 28, 2012
  2. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Oh, hey, look at my wrist.

Despite more surprisingly-stiff competition, @blackmyron wins handily. I already have the next trilogy in mind, but I want to knock out another standalone or two first.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Nov 29, 2012
  3. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    That book with Darth Maul, which, along with Cloak of Deception, unfortunately needs to be read before Plagueis; therefore part of a loose trilogy, but with a variable numbering system and two different authors.
    Last edited by Random Comments, Nov 29, 2012
    RC-1991 and CooperTFN like this.
  4. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    Before the movie, the phantom menace operates in the shadows and does what is needed to remain a phantom.
    Random Comments likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Darth Maul kills people: The Book.
    MistrX, tjace, Plaristes and 6 others like this.
  6. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    The book that proves that Darth Maul is much better at recovering Palpatine's stolen plans than Darth Vader is.
  7. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    Except the Phantom Menace could be Sidious, in the background, controlling events through his pawns, or the rise of the Sith, or the (early) beginnings of the separatist movement, or the fact that Qui-Gon will become a force ghost, thus a phantom, menacing Yoda by telling him he can teach Yoda how to live forever, but was too lazy to talk earlier (when the Jedi were ALIVE). Okay, the last one was a stretch.
    Last edited by Random Comments, Nov 29, 2012
  8. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Guys, the "phantom menace" is the false one--i.e., everyone's freaking out about the Trade Federation but knows nothing of the Sith pulling their strings. Is that not clear?
  9. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    It would appear not. They thought it was maul, and I listed other options. I'll just thin of the episode as Lucas-written, but Zahn chose the title, so it had multiple possible meanings. ;)
  10. Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group

VIP
    star 4
    It's Film Noir meets Terminator in the Blade Runner bowels of Coruscant when you wish that a broken man, his cynical droid, and a Jedi to fall in love with weren't doomed going up against a menacing phantom named Darth Maul.

I wanted to put "high-octane chase with spectacular explosions" in to make it a better sell, but suddenly it didn't fit the mood anymore.
    cthugha, Zorrixor, Zeta1127 and 3 others like this.
  11. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    In which Darth Maul, previously - or subsequently by in-universe chronology - depicted as little more than a lightsaber-wielding killer without more than ten words to string together, is revealed to be... a lightsaber-wielding killer who actually has quite a lot of words to string together, even if he doesn't say them all aloud, while his opponents desperately seek to survive, gradually winning our sympathy as they do so, all the while doomed by the necessities of the narrative since they've seen Maul's face, until these people finally come together, where necessity prevails, but our new friends go down fighting, valiant to the end.
    Random Comments likes this.
  12. Plaristes Force Ghost

star 3
    Reaves writes a book on his own and for once manages to keep the timeframe of the story straight for the whole novel.
    Last edited by Plaristes, Nov 29, 2012
    GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  13. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
  14. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
  15. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    A story of firsts: we see a contemplative Darth Maul, the life of a padawan's non-Jedi parent, a padawan failing her trials, and a naked Nute Gunray.
    MistrX, cthugha and RC-1991 like this.
  16. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    We always want more books about non-Force users, so here's a a propulsive hunted-man thriller about a non-Force user and his smartass droid . . . running around with a Jedi and getting chased by a Sith.
    tjace and Random Comments like this.
  17. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I know this round started late, but @fistofan1 has a fairly definitive lead, so I'm calling it.

Labyrinth of Evil.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Well, see, there's this business on Cato Nemoidia where Obi-Wan gets totally drunk (again) and .... OH HEY LOOK IT'S ROTS!
    Zeta1127 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  19. cthugha Force Ghost

star 3
    The Jedi get this close to discovering Palpatine's secret identity, yet somehow the man still makes it look like it's all part of his plan.
  20. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    The Jedi come thisclose to finding the Sith Lord they've been looking for and Anakin Skywalker's powers are half of what they are hours later in ROTS.

Edit: Ninja'd.
    Last edited by CT-867-5309, Nov 30, 2012
    Random Comments, Zorrixor and cthugha like this.
  21. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    A Nute and his Chair: When not investing enough in anti-theft measures for his expensive holo-chair bites Gunray in the ass.
    Zorrixor likes this.
  22. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Pretty much the only Clone Wars novel that bothers to include more than one planet, for which everyone interested in seeing the actual Clone Wars as a war and not a lengthy set of isolated battles is profoundly grateful.
  23. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    The one where a chair is an important plot point.

:p
  24. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Luke is an important plot point in many books.
  25. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    We find out exactly why Obi-Wan says that "that business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't count", and Sidious sends the Jedi on a wild bantha chase and laughs his ass off.
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, Dec 1, 2012
    CT-867-5309 and Zeta1127 like this.