Lit One Sentence or Less -- SHEEV

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Mystery, excitement...a young Jedi who takes a step towards the dark side does indeed crave these things.
  2. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin learns important lessons about the galaxy: your underlings can actually wish for you to kill them, The Dark Side is an illness, Tarkin is not trustworthy, don't have a spaceship as a pet (it will die anyway and you have to take long walks with it) and that a story can have a view to the end of the Republic, Sienar, Tarkin, hints to a planet-destroying attackers and cool ship, planet and alien designs but still be so very boring.
  3. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
    How dare they use the word 'rogue' in the title of a book that doesn't feature Wedge & co?
    Gorefiend, tjace, Rawne and 10 others like this.
  4. TychoCorde Jedi Master

star 1
    A girl who is quite blue seeks frienship from a boy with anger issues.
  5. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Named after a Star Trek: Enterprise episode...
  7. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The most boring adventure we have suffered through.
    ezekiel22x and TrakNar like this.
  8. LarryG Jedi Master

star 1
    Picking an organic ship based on which of the seeds clinging to your body you like the best, which I guess is still better than having salesmen follow you around talking BS.
  9. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Parasitic Koosh balls.
  10. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    I know we said quotes aren't allowed, but, seriously, the best one sentence summary of this book is "This is what it was to have the heart of a master."

My official entry: Living, breathing characters actually grow and change in interesting, believable and organic ways which causes 9/10ths of EU authors to spontaneously combust.

God, I love Rogue Planet.
  11. tal0nkarrde Force Ghost

star 2
    A missing Jedi, attachable puff balls that help create a ship and a planet that can move on its own power set in the pre-Clone Wars era but tying in to a Yuuzhan Vong story in the New Jedi Order.
  12. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    For the record, I'm not explicitly banning quotes, but they have to stand totally on their own. RF's didn't really work without his own statement preceding it. The "heart of a master" line would be alright, but you'd have to give it its own post. :p
  13. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Everything I tell you is a lie, including this quote, which may or may not have any relevance to Rogue Planet, but if I told you it wouldn't be the truth so I can't answer.
    Barriss_Coffee and Ice1605 like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Anakin is way too pissy for a time frame 10 years prior to ROTS, but that might be because Greg Bear is having him race trash cans.
    MistrX and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    We did Traitor already. :p
  16. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
  17. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    Anakin and Obi-Wan catch a ride with a giant caterpillar.
    krtmd, RC-1991 and CooperTFN like this.
  18. Quinnocent-Till-Sith Force Ghost

star 3
  19. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    As it happens, Hav and Relaxus are technically tied, but since Relaxus' entry doesn't actually have anything to do with the book, I'm giving this one to @Havac.

[IMG]
  20. blackmyron Chosen One

star 5
    A potential new threat is introduced to the Star Wars galaxy, a mysterious race of okay fine it's the Vong.
  21. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sith Evil Space Egyptians invade the Republic, only to be stopped on Coruscant by the Jedi-led forces of Gondor.

[IMG]
    darth fluffy, fett 4, AusStig and 9 others like this.
  22. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Psst, that's from Fall of the Sith Empire, not GAOTS.

Truly, it was indeed a Golden Age, back when spaceships had sails, masts, and rigging for no particular reason; heads in jars could be Sith Lords and brain-jellyfish in jars could be Jedi Masters; friendly Hutts wore gigantic fezzes; Naga Sadow fought such notable Sith Lords as a phallicly-chinned guy named Ludo, a dude with an eyepatch, and another dude with a mohawk; the proud TOTJ tradition of heroes falling to the dark side for vague and unconvincingly motivated reasons continued; the author felt under no great obligation to explain why the Jedi went to war to support a militaristic, expansionist empress; and everything depicted conflicted with everything the same comic series initially established about the era.
    Last edited by Havac, Mar 10, 2013
  23. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
    Force-sensitive twins discover a secret...wait, hasn't this story already been done?
  24. Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Kevin J. Anderson is two years away from writing his only good Star Wars story but until then enjoy some terrible tales set 5,000 years ago that involves characters acting with no common sense and some Egyptian-like Sith and other stupid nonsense.
    fett 4 likes this.
  25. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    Egyptian clothing everywhere and not a single believable event occurred in this "Golden Age of the Sith"