main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends One Single Wish (NJO AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lt_Jaina_Solo, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Disclaimer: You know the drill by now. ;) Everything recognizable belongs to George Lucas and the LFL. Everything else belongs to me. Please ask before borrowing.

[i]?I name you the sword of the Jedi. You are like tempered steel, purposeful and razor-keen. Always you shall be in the front rank, a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends. Yours is a restless life, and never shall you know peace, though you shall be blessed for the peace you bring to others. Take comfort in the fact that, though you stand tall and alone, others take shelter in the shadow you cast.?[/i]

-[u]Destiny?s Journey[/u], page 310.

[hr]

The chaos that could not be denied raged all around her. Everywhere she turned, Death?s face mocked her, never in the same form. Her loved ones? faces haunted her nightmares, until she could no longer close her eyes without seeing a broken face. Each day, somebody she knew disappeared forever into the mists that could not be explored by any living man, and with them, part of her own soul died as well.

An explosion shook her X-wing, and a small blaze burst into view for several seconds before being extinguished by her R2 unit. She hadn?t bothered to give this one a name. What was the point? They never stayed. No matter what they had promised, they all left, most because their lives had been extinguished as easily as the fire by the R2 unit.

Day after day, she was called to battle. And day after day, she simply wished for death to come on its wings and grant her a peace that was unshatterable, unable to be broken by anything.

But it never did. She was never the one to die. It was always those around her. Even as she flew skillfully through the maelstrom, her hands automatically twitching the X-wing left or right, she wished for her life to end.

She was too strong for a deliberate suicide; she would not give her family even more to grieve over. They had grieved enough already. First Chewie, then Anakin, and most recently, Jacen had slipped away into the Force. Her death would pain them, but it would also bring them relief. Relief from hovering over her, constantly asking what was wrong, worrying that she was slipping to the Dark Side.

She hadn?t. She?d thought about giving into her rage, letting loose with her pain, leaving her mark on the galaxy in a most horrifying way, but had discarded that idea. She was too tired. Too tired to summon up the energy to have emotions. Even despair is an emotion, and it can be a very strong one. It takes powerful emotions to channel the Dark Side. She should know. Despite the three years since the loss of Anakin, and her lack of control on Hapes, her uncle still hovered, urging her to cleanse herself of her pain, of her anger, constantly telling her that it would lead to the Dark Side.

Didn?t he understand? She didn?t care. Her one single wish was to die. Why did it always seem that she was the last one- the only one- still standing? She was tired of war, of the misery it visited on everyone, no matter who they were. War wasn?t discriminating; it didn?t give a damn who killed, who had suffered agonizing losses. Its only purpose was destruction, destruction of worlds, of lives, of dreams. It ripped apart families and extinguished lives before they had begun to bloom to their full potential.

Her X-wing landed in the drab gray duracrete of the landing platform. Another day over. Another battle fought. And yet she still lived. Why was she still living, breathing, in dull agony? Why couldn?t the Fates see that she no longer wished to live, that she was only alive because of luck?

Her bootheels clicked on the hard floor, the sound buried in the noise of the crowds around her. She wanted to scream. She needed to be alone. Why couldn?t she be alone?

Her uncle appeared out of nowhere, his feet moving in harmony with hers as he walked by her side to the pilot barracks. ?Not now, Uncle,? she told him tiredly, shutting the door to her room in his face. Once she would have bee

2. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Very Haunting yet conveyed in a way that spoke of finality.
    The force had granted her final Broken wish.
    It was beautifully written

3. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    It was amazing,very good, atleast she got her wish.

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    :_|

You killed them all!

Incredibly well-written 'fic, though!

;)?

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    I loved the title. It fit well. Good writing. I liked the first-third person combination pov. It went really well with the flow of the story.

Good closure. I really liked it.

~*~ Austyn, one Daughter of Flame

6. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Great! ... Sad but Great!

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Some replies to my reviews:

Lady_WinterCelchu- Very Haunting yet conveyed in a way that spoke of finality.
    Exactly what I was going for. Thanks!

The force had granted her final Broken wish.
    Sadly, yes [face_plain]

It was beautifully written
    Thank you! :)

jediknightleia- It was amazing,very good
    Thank you!

atleast she got her wish.
    She finally got peace...

Thrawn McEwok- :_|
    You killed them all!

Sorry!

Incredibly well-written 'fic, though!
    Thank you!

Daughterofflame- I loved the title. It fit well.
    Thank you! It took me a while to come up with it, so I'm glad it worked so well.

Good writing. I liked the first-third person combination pov. It went really well with the flow of the story.

Good closure. I really liked it.
    Thanks!

JAGSGURL15- Great! ... Sad but Great!
    Thank you!

~LtJS

P.S. I have a new vignette up that considered a sequal of sorts to One Single Wish: Not Enough Time. Go check it out!

8. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    Awww! :_|!!

Beautiful! *snif* poor jaina! *snif* :_|

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Had Jaina and Jag not been together and as serious as they were, I could totally have seen this happening. You dipicted Jaina's exhaustion perfectly. :) [face_love]

10. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    tenelfan14- Awww! :( !!
    Sorry!

Beautiful! *snif* poor jaina! *snif*
    Thank you!

Jaina_and_Jag- Had Jaina and Jag not been together and as serious as they were, I could totally have seen this happening.
    Same. I don't know if it was specifically Jag (although I'm all pro Jaina/Jag. But it was the fact that somebody (in this case, Jag) who loved her and pulled her from the abyss.

You dipicted Jaina's exhaustion perfectly.

UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~LtJS

11. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Very well done. I like it. :)

But, oh so sad. :_|

12. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Really well written, Lt. Very moving, too. The way you wrote it all out...

Just wow.

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    red- Very well done. I like it.

But, oh so sad.
    Yes, it was very sad [face_plain]

-Trickster-- Really well written, Lt. Very moving, too.
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The way you wrote it all out...

Just wow.

[face_blush] Thank you!

~LtJS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.