main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Small Hope (JA please read!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Apr 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Awesoe post! I, as well, loved the piggyback part. :)

More?

2. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    *SiriGallia tears past the opening page and into the fanfiction section, dashes past pages one, two and three, pauses to tie her shoe, zooms through page four, colides in the hall with Jedi_Arwen, pauses to say 'hi' to Princess-Sari, plunges into page five so fast that she knocks Darth Fruitcake over, quickly moves into page six, were she FINALLY finds her story :)*
    Knight_Maria: Thanks, I have been having a great time with the 'quirks' of little kids! ;)
    The three finally made it to a civiliation. Obi-Wan was tired, Qui-Gon could see, the Jedi Master attempted not to let it on, but he was fatieged himself. Meerel had fallen asleep on his shoulder, and her gentel breathing made Qui-Gon want to fall asleep. It was dark as they made there way through the small quiet town. Qui-Gon soon found them a place to stay. The man gave them a small musty smelling room. But the two Jedi didn't care, and they instantly fell asleep. Qui-Gon woke to the sound of Obi-Wan getting woke up.
    "Wake up! Wake up!" Meerel was wide awake and her eyes were excited and bright, she was shaking Obi-Wan, the boy was doing his best to ignore her. "Wake up!" She yelled for the hundreth time.

"Alright, alright, I'm awake." Obi-Wan finally gave up, by the time the apprentice had sat up, Qui-Gon was sitting up too.

"We better feed her," Obi-Wan grumbled. "I can't think of a better way to get her to shut up." He wasn't very mad though, and he laughed when, at breakfast, she made a catapult out of her spoon and began flinging Krak'at nuts and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Despite her intrest in the game, Qui-Gon soon put a stop to the excersise.

"We nead to find a transport." Qui-Gon said to Obi-Wan. "It should be sooner rather than later, if we do it soon, we are risking difficulties of being obvious, but I don't want to stick around for anymore Raider fights." Obi-Wan nodded.

Soon the group was walking through the town, there were many people and Obi-Wan stuck close to Qui-Gon. The Jedi did there best to be inconspicious, moving as the people did, and pretended they knew exactly where they were going. Unfortunatly, Meerel was doing her best to get attention. She seemed to find it her duty as an adorable five-year-old, to wave, and say hello, to every civilian in the street.

"Hi!" she called to the thirtieth person. About six differant young ladies walked up and said to Qui-Gon,

"What a darling daughter you have, sir." Qui-Gon would simply smile and say.

"Thank you." Obi-Wan tried hard not to laughed at Qui-Gon's misfortune, until Meerel asked if one young lady thought her 'big brother' was darling too. The girl was about Obi-Wan's age. She blushed only half as much as Obi-Wan did, and it was Qui-Gon's turn not to laugh. Fianally they reached the docks.

"Sorry," the manager said, "I can't help ya. It's an impossibility, there's some kind of transport epidemic. The transports goin in and out have been sabatodged or somthing, not a ship works in the whole town. Now if you want to walk to Hiirr town, you can try, but it's at least a two day walk, and it's through the swamp lands, so I wouldn't recomend it."

"Thank you for your help." Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan bowed and walked into a small ally to talk privitly.

"Wellt this is just great!" Obi-Wan said, Meerel began tugging on his hand, so he let her hand go. "There is no ship we can take, do you want to make the walk Master?"

"No, I admit I don't," Qui-Gon shook his head. "It's too dangerous, with the Raiders following us, on a long trip, through trechorous swamp lands, it would be hard enough, but we are also responsible for a child." Obi-Wan nodded.

"You don't suppose that the Raiders missed, maybe just *one* ship, maybe one that wasn't finished in construction at the time?"

"Maybe, but it would take a lot of searching time that we don't have."

"Excuse me gents," the Jedi turned to see a man in an orange work suit. "I couldn't help overhearing your conversation, and as it happens *I* have a ship that I just got into the shop, I just

3. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    LOL! Flinging peanuts! Hehe. Meerel is so cute! Uh oh! I hope they find her! This is great, SiriGallia! Post more soon! :D

4. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    This story is so cute! :)

5. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    Little kids are such a handful... :D

6. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Jedi Obi-Wan: Thanks! I like the flinging peanuts bit, I'm glad you like Meerel, she kinda reminds me of *my* little sister Phoebe.
    Jade's Fire 2003: I know what you mean about little kids, I have four little siblings, and they are all a 'handful' ;)
    Rebecca191: Thanks! I'm glad you like it!
    "Obi-Wan Kenobi, were is Meerel?" Obi-Wan was a little more than worried. First of all Meerel was wanted by every Raider on the planet, secondly she had a tendency to get into a lengthy conversation with everyone, and thirdly Qui-Gon only used his full name when Obi-Wan was in trouble.

"I-I don't know," Obi-Wan stuttered. Searching the open street to no avail, the girl was nowere in sight. "She was right here holding my hand--" He broke off and turned sheepish.

"But you let go, didn't you Padawan?"
    Obi-Wan nodded, but it took a bit of effort.
    "We had better find her fast." Qui-Gon glanced around, if they didn't hurry to the transport, the Raiders would most certainly ruin the ship. "Obi-Wan, can you find Meerel alone, I can get to the transport." Obi-Wan quickly said he could. Qui-Gon hurried off to find the transport and Obi-Wan rushed off in the opisite direction.
    He resisted the urge to call Meerel's name, he knew that a Raider would hear him without a doubt. /It shouldn't be so hard to find a little kid!/ Suddenly he heard a woman's scream.

"Kidnappers! Kidnappers!" Obi-Wan hurried in the direction of a market stand selling fruit. Three of four pedestrians were supporting a young woman who looked on the verge of fainting. "I saw a little girl, she looked a little hungry so I gave her a muju, she said her name was Meerel, and she couldn't find her father or brother, then two cloaked men took her away! I'm sure they weren't her family, I'm sure of it!" Obi-Wan stepped forward.

"Wich way did they go?" He asked urgently.

"That way," she pointed to the right of Obi-Wan.

"Thank you," he said quickly, and tore of through the crowd. Suddenly he reached a dead end, he was confused, he had been checking every corner looking for an outlet for escape. In an instant he felt a brush of the Force warning him... he turned to face the front of three blaster pointed at there chest, behind them were Raiders, a forth Raider has his blaster pointed to Meerel's head.

"You outdid yourself, Jedi," he said, "you could have been an inisant bystander like all the rest, but no, you and your Master *had* to get involved. Now, how about you tell us were that transport is."

7. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Aaaargh! Another cliffhanger! :) You're good at that! Post more soon! ;)

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    ARGH! EVIL CLIFFHANGERS! :(

9. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    p_stotts, Rebecca191, heh heh, sorry! I guess I was getting a little 'Cliff Hanger' Hungry! :) Okay here we go!
    Obi-Wan didn't move. In his mind he was formulating a plan, and he was hardly shaken by the four Raiders, but outwardly he showed fear. *Fear is your enemy, but it is an ally if you have the will to harness it* Obi-Wan showed fear well, and it didn't matter if he did, he felt no fear.

"Tell us boy!" The Raider repeated, pushing his blaster pointedly against Meerels head, causing the small girl to flinch. She had no doubt seen weapons more often them most children should.

"I don't know," Obi-Wan said truthfully, without showing it he made a scan of his surroundings. They didn't have much to offer.

"Oh, you don't know?" The Raider motion to one of his men, the Raider blasted the brick wall behind Obi-Wan, sending peices of brick flying. "Tell us!" The Raider demanded. Obi-Wan realized that it was time to quick fooling around. He had one option, but he would nead a moments deverstion. He knew it was a weak plan, but it was the only one he had. He reached out with the Force and got a hold on a small flower stand, he gently pulled it over, there were enough bronze vases on the stand to make a large crash. The Raiders turned upon human instinct. Obi-Wan took the moment and used it. He grabbed hold of Meerel's arm and pulled her away. Then moving back he jumped. The blaster fire pinging close behind him. He barely knew were he was going, but suddenly he felt the solid foundation of the wall. Without pauseing to see what lay on the other side he jumped of the wall in the other direction, holding tight to Meerel.
    They landed in a pile of junk. Obi-Wan recognized speeder parts, old sub level bateries, and practically antiqu hiperdrives. He pulled Meerel through the junk, behind him he could plainly hear the presuit. Blaster fire shot down after him, from up on the walls the Raiders had a good aim, Obi-Wan ducked behind half a speeder, Meerel right behind him. The Raiders last few blasts hit the ground were they had been standing. Obi-Wan yanked out his lightsaber prepairing for the next attack. The Raiders discovered their shooting position wouldn't reach the two, Obi-Wan knew they would climb down the wall, he would have to fight. Running wasn't always an option.
    Suddenly he felt a light tug on his tunic sleve.

"Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan?" Meerel asked in a loud wisper.

"Yes?" Obi-Wan asked, readying his lightsaber.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." Meerel said scrunching up her nose. Obi-Wan glaced around the speeder reminants, he spotted the group of Raiders slowly advancing on the flimsy hiding place. He turned back to the girl.

"Meerel," He said only half patiently, "this is *hardly* the time."

"But I *do*!" Meerel emphisised.

"Well, you'll have to wait." Obi-Wan murmered. Finally, he turned, leapt from behind cover. The offensive took the Raiders by surprise. Obi-Wan held his ground. He deflected their shots, but they were advancing and he had Meerel to protect. Suddenly there was a flash of green behind him, and Qui-Gon was standing next to him. Between the two Jedi, they soon had the Raiders on the run. Qui-Gon smiled at his apprentice.

"Glad to see you're staying out of trouble." He said softly. Meerel stepped out from behind the pile of rubble. She was uncomfortalby swaying back and forth. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes.

"Her *highness* needs the fresher." He said non too sarcastecly. Qui-Gon cocked an eyebrow.

"Children do pick the oddest times."

They managed to find a rest room for Meerel, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan waited outside.

"We can make it to the ship from here." Qui-Gon said. "I was on my way, but I senced you two were in trouble and came to help."

"I'm glad you did," Obi-Wan said softly.

They soon reached the ship and it was the most run down, ugly ship that Obi-Wan had ever had to fly.
    "Not exactly first class is it?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Not really, but if it will get us off this planet, I am willing to take it."

"And we h

10. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh, that is too funny! LOL! No wonder it was so easy to get the away in the ship! [face_laugh] Great post again, SiriGallia! Can't wait for more! :D

11. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    LOL! There they are being chased by guys with blasters and Meerel has to go to the fresher! Typical! And I loved the part about her "bean bag". Too funny! More soon, I hope!

12. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
  13. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    UP (I will post soon) :)

14. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    :D

That's the only reply I can come up with...up...

15. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanks guys! Here's some more...
    The Jedi didn't put up a struggle, they were innocent, why dispute the matter. However, after the galactic security arrested the two Jedi, they put them a rather crude prision on the planet Thespia, which was close to the ship's location. Qui-Gon tried to explain, but the guards wouldn't hear of it. Qui-Gon realized a little too late that the gaurds were being influenced by one half of there team that he could see were Radier's in disquise. /Figures/ He should have known this was planned. Now they had perfect *clearence* to arrest the Jedi. The guards however would not be swayed by the discised Raiders who said, the girl should be in the cell with the Jedi.

"That is against regulations." The security captain protested, "The girl is under-age, she has to go in the juvinile ward."

"No!" Meerel exclaimed, gripping Obi-Wan's hand which was bound to his other hand with electro cuffs. "I won't go!" The security guard tried to pull her away, but she held Obi-Wan's hand in a death grip and wouldn't let go.

"Meerel," Obi-Wan knelt down beside her. She was crying. "Shh," he soothed. "Now you should go with them, you will be safer. Go on." She shook her head,

"No, I won't!"

"I'll see you soon," he promised, "go with them for a little while." Her eyes were set, her expresion firm.

"I wanna stay with you." The little girl showed she would not be moved. Obi-Wan sighed.

"Alright." He stood. "She wants to come with us." He told the captain. The Captain had obviously caught on to the fact that if Obi-Wan couldn't get her to go, she wasn't budging.

"Fine." He shook his head. Soon the two Jedi and princess were alone in a dark cell. There were creaking noises everywere, Meerel looked afraid.

"You okay Meerel?" Obi-Wan asked. She shook her head. Qui-Gon's gaze was out across the cell. They were in a big mess. The Raiders had them were they wanted them, they would move soon, before the captain could contact the Jedi and work the whole thing out. On top of all that, this cell offered no escape, and he had Obi-Wan and Meerel to look after. Suddenly, he felt a tug at his leg. He turned his head in time to see Meerel finish climbing up onto his lap. She was crying, the fear in her eyes would not go away.

"What are they going to do to us?" She asked, her voice quavering. Qui-Gon saw for the first time, that this girl was not just the troublesome spit-fire she always seemed to be. She was little more than her dying mother had said she was, a baby. Qui-Gon held her in a warm embrace.

"Now, Meerel." He said softly. "You don't need to cry, we will all do just fine. You and me and Obi-Wan will all be just fine." She continued sobbing into his sleave but let up a little. "Okay?"

"Okay." She murmered. A quick moment before hand, Qui-Gon senced the danger. He looked up, a dark man had entered the room. He had the form and stride of a Raider, but his outfit was that of a security officer.

"Oh isn't this cute. Hello, Jedi," He said sneering, "It is time to pay you two back for all the curtisy you have bestowed on me."

16. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :) Post soon!

17. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    *screams*

You ddi it again! Cliffhanger! EEK! Please hurry and post more soon!!! :D

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    AHH! NOT AGAIN! :(

19. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHH!!!!!!! Not again!!! DO something Jedi!!! :D MORE PLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE???!?!?!

20. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    To All: Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, and SORRY!!!!! Here, here's another one! :)
    The five Raiders behind Their Leader, Raider 1, locked the two Jedi's wrists up on a wall, Obi-Wan could barely touch the ground. It had taken three of the guards just to pull Meerel away. She had a grip that was very hard to release when she had a mind not to let go.

"Leave us!" Raider 1 exclaimed. The Raiders quickly evacuated, not wanting to be in the path of their leader and his enemies. "Now Jedi," he continued, holding onto Meerel with one hand. "before I take the girl and her ring, I wish to pay you back, for all the trouble you've caused. The boy first?" Qui-Gon moved to protest, but One didn't give him a chance. He reached over to a panel on the wall, pulling down a small lever. Obi-Wan felt the electrocution shock move down from his wrists, it wasn't very high, but he could tell it was getting, larger. He flailed suddenly as the electric shocks from his wrist bonds moved down his back getting stronger in power. Qui-Gon soon felt it moving through him too, but it seemed to be intencifying on Obi-Wan faster. The boy was soon thrashing around, resisting the urge to cry out, but the charges were getting higher, finally Obi-Wan could bare it no longer he let out a cry, and another. He couldn't stand the constant zapping.
    Meerel was panicing, she had never seen anyone getting electrocuted which was probubly good for her, but it was causing her to be very frightend. Obi-Wan could see her eyes grow bright, she was thinking up...something-- /Meerel don't, don't, don't/ Obi-Wan try to will the little girl *not* to move. But her eyes were firm.
    All of sudden she started ranting uncontrolalbly.

"Let them go, let them go, let them go, let them go, let them go, let them go, let them go, let them go!"

"Quiet, brat!" One ordered.

"No! Let them go, let them go!" She was screaming now, and wouldn't stop. Finally One clamped a hand over her mouth, he couldn't afford to have the *real* security guards coming in here and finding out what was going on. Obi-Wan saw a strange, satisfied, look cross Meerel's face. Then, she shocked both Jedi, with a move they would have never thought she was capable of. Using a common, *little kid* techneich, she bit hard on One's hand and kicked her small, booted foot against his shin. With a cry, he realeased her arm she spun around and franticly grabbed his blaster. Running over to the pannel she shut down both levers, and smacked a large button. The electricity powered down, the electro cuffs opened and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fell to the floor. Qui-Gon landed on his feet, but Obi-Wan stumbled. He shakily stood. Meerel walked over to the Jedi, her eyes wide with shock at her own manuver. One was sitting on the floor, holding his finger, which was almost bleeding from the bite Meerel had given him.

"Blasted, Jedi scum!" He exclaimed through clenched teath.

"Please, Raider one," Qui-Gon chided taking the blaster from Meerel and rendering useless by one smash against the concrete wall. "Not in front of the the children."

"It's not finished yet, Jedi." One smirked. "I'm not as nieve as you think I am." Suddenly the door opened, and Raider 17 stepped in, a gleam in his pale eyes. He looked sraight at Obi-Wan, his blaster pointed at the boy.

"Well, well, well, this is quite a turn out. Hello Obi-Wan, I beleive you remember me, we just keep meeting up don't we?"

21. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Wow! :eek: Really intense! WOW!

22. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Just had to leave it with a cliffhanger didn't you? Oh well...I just hope you post SOOON because I'm dying (no pun intended) to find out what happens.

I am so glad I found this story again because it's a joy to read.

23. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Hmm...methinks the author likes torturing the readers with cliffhangers...

24. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! One min. they're prisoners, the next free, the next prisoners again! THINK OF SOMETHING JEDI!!! :p Great post!!! :)

25. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    *jaw is on the floor*

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.