main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends One Step Closer (Previously Titled, Last of The Sisters, AU. Please give it a chance)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pixy_girl53, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pixy_girl53

pixy_girl53 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Well, the last time I posted this story was about a year and a half almost two years ago, my grammer was bad, my spelling horrible, and basically, my writing style was, bellow my own standards, we'll put it(I think it sucked). I got terrific support from everyone who read it, and for that, I am truely thankful.

I've revised the story, made changes, some minor, others more dramatic. I for one think it is better now. I don't know if anyone will read this, but I hope you do, because I'd really like the chance to re-establish myself into this universe. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks to all who gave me and my story a chance. :D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Chapter 1: How it Began

I saw the blade tear through the skin and bone. I went in one way and out the other. A clean cut, right through my father's waist. My face twisted as I saw two parts of my father on the ground, blood and guts spewed from the slice where the blade had entered.

I wanted to scream, cry, react somehow, but I had to remain silent. She was still here. Lurking in the shadows somewhere. If she saw me, I would die a merciless death. It was a wonder I was able to think as clearly as I did. I knew I had to hide.

Suddenly a hand as cold as the death that had overtaken my father, came over my mouth. I didn't scream, though. There was no point, no one would hear me. I wriggled under the gray, purplely blotched hand that covered my mouth. A pair of eye that glowed red in the dim light, met mine. I squinted my eyes angrily, then bit down as hard as I could. She jerked away and in a lightning quick motion, I reached for the blaster on my hip that my grand-mother insisted I wear.

I stuck it right between her ribs and fired. I felt a thick warm liquid flow down on me. Her blood. She released me then fell to her knees, and I ran. It would have helped but there were others. I was running faster than I ever had, adrenalin pulsing through my veins. I may have had a chance, if there hadn't been more than a dozen. But there wasn't. There was over a hundred.

I swallowed hard. Deathly chills ran down my spine. The excruciating pain I was endured when I lost my arm flared in me, and I jerked involuntarily, causing me to lose my balance. I fell to the ground and when I looked up, red eyes focused in on me from all angles. I refused to give them the pleasure of seeing me cower. I rose to my feet, remaining silent.

"You know you cannot hide your fear from me, Princess. Or should I say Queen. The bond of the sisters is stronger than anything in this galaxy and the rest of the universe combined." The leader's voice rose and fell with neurotic enthusiasm.

I stood still. I would not talk.

Another of the followers looked at the leader and she nodded her head. I felt a powerful blow to my head, caused by the force. Pain shot through my head and I fell to my knees.

I forced myself to remain strong. "You-" Another Force blow was delivered, but I continued, "you will never defeat me. I will not join yo- " My words were interrupted by a cry of pain. I was being hit, over and over, each blow becoming stronger, and I became weaker. "No!" I heard myself scream, right before everything we enveloped in darkness.

My vision was blurred as I came to. Something was wrong. It didn't feel right. I glanced up at the sky once my vision cleared. I was still outside. Dark clouds loomed in the sky above me. Thunder could be heard in the distance.

My head hurt. Pain shot through it as soon as I sat up. I groaned and fell back down. I lay there for a moment, breathing deeply. I tried sitting back up. The pain was still there, but it wasn't as harsh as it was at first.

I looked myself over. My armor had been removed and there was a large crimson spot on my stomach. It was blood but not my own. It was the blood of the enemy I had shot. I ran my hand down my hair. It was damp from a mixture of rain and blood. Blood? I felt the back of my head, and a warm liquid ran down my fingers. I was bleeding.

"Glad to see you are awake, you

2. Lady_Banshee

Lady_Banshee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2003
    Yay! I love it! Keep posting. More soon? *puppy dog eyes* Please?

3. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    the face looking back at mine was my mother.

yew, now there's some nightmare. post more please...

*sits down in a chair and makes herself comfy. blaster on a small table besides her*

4. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Oh, that was really interesting :cool:

I like it.

5. pixy_girl53

Feb 28, 2001
    Ooh, I got replies. I'm so happy!!!! :D :D :D I'm gonna post again, just because I'm soo happy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Chapter 2: Fellow Outcasts

My mind swirled uncontrolably. She betrayed us. My own mother. Gone to the dark side. She allowed them to kill my father, her husband. I felt sick to my stomach. I sat on my knees with my arms around my stomach.

Unable to resist the urge any longer, I threw up.

"A lovely site, my daughter. You're hideous, just like your grand-mother. Oh, don't look so upset, my dear. It is not as bad as it looks," she laughed, coldly. Then, she brought her hand up and slapped me across the face. "You gave me this." She opened up her rode and saw a blaster burn. It was her I'd shot. The wound was infected and puss oozed from it.

I turned away, yet again resisting the urge to throw up. Then I faced her once more, the expression on my face, mirrored her's. "You killed my father," I said, my lack of emotion unsurprising to both of us.

Her lips curled in a foul grin. Her teeth were yellow and stained with black. Her hair was thin and gray, instead of thick and brown. Her eyes were red and sunken, instead of lively and happy. Her skin was gray and blotched. My mouth twisted in disgust. This was not my mother. Not anymore.

"Humph, you always were weak. You tried so hard to be a strong warrior," she said as her voice faded into a whisper,"but all you are is a one-armed abomination who just can't stand to lose. Well, my daughter, you have lost. And for that you are about to pay the ultimate price." She raised her arm high. Blue lightning began to dance on her finger tips. That is all I remember, before my world went dark.

*~*~*

When I came too, my surroundings were more than surprising. I was at the bottom of a deep hole. "What? How did I get in here?" I tried to remember how I could have possibly gotten in the hole, but I had no recollection of the events that had led up to me falling into the hole. I felt the back of my head and realized there was a cut on it. Obviously I'd hit my head on the way down.

I sat in the hole, thinking of various ways of how to go about getting out, when I heard a voice above me. "I can't believe this. Xarec, there's another one over here. Help me get her out." A girl appeared at the top of the hole. She smiled down at me. "Hi. Don't worry about it we'll get you out."

A rope fell before me, and I took hold and began to climb up.

When I got to the top I was greeted by a young man and woman. The girl smiled at me and said, "It's good to meet you. I'm Kadoren."

"And I'm Xarec," the boy said, obviously wanting to be noticed. "At least that is what we call ourselves," he continues unnecessarily. "We don't really know what our names are, if we even had any. What's yours?"

I stared at them blankly. A minute past then two. "I don't know."

*~*~*

Kadoren and Xarec led me to their village. A surprisingly large number of people dwelt there. "They're mainly just people who've been run out of their villages, other's we found in holes like you, if you can believe that," Xarec explained.

"Have they all lost their memories as well?" I questioned. I wanted to see if they were all like me.

"No, you were the only one we found in your state," Kadoren said plainly.

"Then-?"

"Why don't we know what our names are or if we even have any?" Xarec said. He seemed to have read my mind. I nodded.

"We were abandoned when we were younger. We have always been together so we just assumed we were brother and sister," Kadoren answered flatly. She seemed as though she didn't want to talk about it so I let it go.

"So," Xarec said looking at me,"What do you want your name to be?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"Well, we have to call you something," Kadoren said.

"I don't know. I've never had to think of a name for myself. You can call me whatever you please." That may have sounded rude, especially after what Kadoren had just explained to me, but if it was, they didn't

6. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    protector of men

Now this could get interesting. A protector of men who lost her memory.

Hey pixy, when are you posting more?

lol

Cal

7. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    Sweet. You posted so soon! I'm overjoyed!

Zandra is another form of Sandra stemming from Alessandra another form of Alexandra meaning "protector of men." I thought it was appropriate.

He he he. I can't wait for more of your story!

8. pixy_girl53

Feb 28, 2001
    YAY! I got replies so fast. Thanx a million! New post will be up either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

9. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    that was good, but how does everything connect? Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see, won't I?

10. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Hey wizard, why do I have a feeling patience is not a part of your name?

11. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Calandria: Am I that obvious? Were I seeking to be trained as a Jedi Yoda would say, "I cannot train her... The girl has no patience."

12. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Hum, I think I would fall into that categroy too. So Pixy, could ya please post an update and spare those of us with no patience what so ever?

13. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    Yeah, we want an update Pixy!

14. pixy_girl53

Feb 28, 2001
    YAY!! More relies! THANX A MILLION!! Hehe, can you tell I'm hyper?

Okay, well, I am going to be out of town and away from a computer for the next four and a half days, so I will be unable to post for a while. I'll post right now, and as soon as I get home, but forgive me, I will have to test your patience after all. Lol, sorry guys.

But for you now, a post. Enjoy :D

Chapter 3: Links to the Past
    I awakened to the sound of a crackling fire. A smell flowed into my tent that brought my outside. Kadoren was cooking something over a fire. Xarec sat on a log carving something. I went over and sat next to him.

He instantly put away what he was carving as if embarrassed. "Good, um, morning, yes morning. Good morning," he said. He paused for a long time, trying to think of something to say next. His face brightened for a moment. "You-," he started to stumble, as though embarrassed by what he was about to say. "You-your-your hair is really long."

"Ah, thank you, I guess," I replied. He seemed to be acting a little stranger than the day before.

"Good morning, Zandra. Did you sleep alright?" Kadoren asked, approaching us with a plate of something that looked like fruit. "Have one. They don't taste too bad. But be careful of the skin though because-"

"It's poisonous," I finished mindlessly.

Kadoren and Xarec stared at me. "Yeah, that's right," she said confused. She smiled at me and I gave a quick smile in return. "Xarec, why don't you take Zandra on a tour of the camp. I've got some things to take care of right now, I don't think I'd be very entertaining."

"Do you want to?" he asked. He seemed kind of hopeful so I felt as though I had to. I didn't actually mind but I didn't have to let him know that.

"Oh, well, alright."

"Um, okay, ah. I'll show you the hut where we keep the stuff the villagers, and other travelers have brought in. Some of the stuff in there is actually kinda neat."

As we walked, Hope came bounding up to us then jumped Xarec's back. "Bantha ride. You promised. Don't back out now. It won't work," she laughed.

"Alright, alright, I promised," Xarec laughed along. I couldn't help laughing a little myself. He was so good with her, it was sweet.

There was a sudden cry and the villagers began screaming and running around in chaos, collecting various things, grabbing children, running as if for there lives.
    "THEY'RE COMING!" I heard a man yell.

"Run."

"Why? Who are they? What is going on?" I was confused.

"THEY have complete control of the planet. We have to hide, now! If they find us, they take us as slaves."

I looked behind me. When I did, I saw several large animals with people riding on them. As they approached I saw the people riding them.

They're eyes were red and their skin was grey and blotchy. They looked so familiar.

Who were they?

"ZANDRA! Stop standing around. RUN!" Xarec scolded. His demand snapped me out of my trance, but I still didn't move.

As I stood, watching the women as they would snatch people from the ground, and carry them away, or hit them with clubs, causing them to fall forward, I found myself strangely numbed. It didn't matter if they took me, or killed me. How was I of any worth anyway? I watched as one came closer, and closer, her clawed hand reaching down for me, then-

"Zandra, run, please!" a little voice cried. Hope was reaching for me, as Xarec carried her away, at a remarkable speed.

This pulled at my heart, and I found myself running. I was beginning to catch up, when I felt a hard blow to my back. It slowed me down, but I continued running

The woman who had been coming for me had bent over and hit me with a club. Once more she bent down, and delivered and other blow to my back. The blinding pain caused my body to seize in pain, and hit the ground hard.

The woman jumped from the beast, landing on me. I rolled over, then ramped her in the stomach with my elbow. She grabbed my by the hair and pulled on i

15. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    Wow! That was good! And long. Long is good. I enjoyed that.

16. pixy_girl53

Feb 28, 2001
    Thank you Lady-Banshee. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

17. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    That was interesting, and I'll be patient, I promise.

18. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Patient you? I think Hoth will be a Tropical county resort before that and a Rancor will eat only veggetarian food and sit on your lap like a puppy once that happens.

Pixy, love the story. I was wondering who the girl was. Tenel Ka? Oh man, what the happened there.

Ya'd better have a new post up soon though. I'm dying to find out what happened.

19. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Very funny... ;)

20. pixy_girl53

Feb 28, 2001
    Hey guys! I'm back. The post is not prepared yet, I still have to revamp a little more, correct spelling and grammer errors and such, but, I will have it for you tomorrow night. Thank you for being so patient. C'ya l8r :D

21. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    Well hurry it up then, Pixy! ;)

22. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    And Up... High up, above the clouds, clear in your line of sight so you can see it and remember to post! Soon!

23. pixy_girl53

Feb 28, 2001
    Well, here is is. Just like I promised. Hope you enjoy! :D

Chapter 4: Revelations

Despite the constant urge I had to kill Syrus, I didn't allow myself to. Something in the back of my mind was telling me that doing this would only lead to darkness. Darkness of what, I didn't know but it was obviously something that wasn't good.

"There are so many injured. So many dead. I don't know if we can help them all," Kadoren said, a glassy look in her eyes.

"Help them I suppose," I said, kneeling beside an elderly man.

A voice came from behind me. "I still may be able to help some of them," Syrus said, kneeling beside me. "There is a way, a way of saving them. I could sacrifice myself to do it, if you desire it."

I turned to him. "No, I do not desire it. Even if some of them could live again, the others could not and picking who is worthy to live and who is not is not a decision anyone should have to make. I will not see another person die as long as I don't have to." The calmness of my word surprised me as well as Syrus.

"As you wish, Princess." He retreated.

Kadoren, who had been out checking the bodies came running back to me. "Zandra, I finished the count. There were 73 people in the village, there are only 15 are missing, and 10 are... well, the loss is not as bad as we expected."

This news had calmed me. It wasn't enough to change my thoughts, but a fraction of my panic, pain and torment, had been cut away.

After a short discussion, Kadoren and I had decided to go looking for the others. Our only problem was Syrus. He would either try to follow us or try to stop us.

Kadoren got an evil smile on her face. I couldn't tell what she was thinking. She just said, "Leave him to me." Then she walked over to Syrus.

They were far enough away that I couldn't hear their conversation. I just saw him talking to her, she had her hand on his shoulder. Then in the blink of an eye, he was sprawled on the ground.

"What did you to him?" I asked as we ran to the forest.

"It was just something Xarec taught me. You put your hand on a certain part of a person's neck, then press as hard as you can. I works like a charm."

"I can see that. Where did he learn something like that?"

"Don't ask me. He's a wierd one."

"I cannot argue with you there."

Our first idea was to search the forest, then move on to the more open lands. If we still didn't find them, we would move onto the mountains.

The forest was beginning to get darker as night was approaching. The sun was already falling. Strange sounds rattled in our ears. Shrieks of night creatures, echoed through the trees. I am sure that on regular occasions, I would have been panicked, but I needed to stay calm. Kadoren on the other hand, was grief-stricken.

The thought that she almost died, finally hit her. A near death experience such as the one she went through, was enough to scar anyone for life. I felt horrible for her. I wanted to comfort her but I didn't. The only way to console her was just to let her cry and express the way she felt without trying to understand.

Without trying to understand.

People always said they understood. They never did. It was just the easiest way to get out of consoling someone. "I understand," followed by a pat on the shoulder. Then they tell you everything would be okay and they walk away. They didn't understand. How could they understand losing a life? An identity? A friend?

Why did I feel so angry so angry so suddenly? Why did it bother me? Why did I care at all? Had I always felt this way and only now didn't know it?

"Zandra," Kadoren said, breaking my thoughts. "I think we should stop now. I'll start a fire and keep watch. I'll wake you up in a few hours and we'll switch. I think you need to rest," Kadoren said softly.

I looked at her and shook my head. "You need it more than I do. I'll keep watch first."

"I'm fine, really. Now, rest." A woman with a wound in her back that still hadn't completely healed was t

24. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    Yay! At last a post! Excellent ending. Very suspensful. ;) Can't wait for more. With that said, UP!

25. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Ooooo, finally a post. I love the way Tenel Ka's memory progressively returns.

(they are going to save Hope? Aren't they?)

lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.