main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST One thing I hope SW fans don't do for Ep7....

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DantheJedi, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    ...is start those lines for the movie weeks or months in advance of the film's release. C'mon people, we live in a day and age where you can buy your movie tickets online, so this is unnecessary

Or is this all about bragging rights, in a "I was there first!" kind of way?

2. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    It's a ploy to get attention, and it usually works. Even in the "old days" it is completely unnecessary to line up anything more than hours - not days - in advance.

3. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I know. I will get it online, and leave these line fools to socialize as if that's the best their life can be LOL

"Check out my social life! I hanged out with another guy in the line for SW tickets for 2 months FUN FUN FUN" LMAO

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Let people do what makes them happy.

5. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Heh I may be happy if I line up next to a very very hot girl, who also find this activity happy-inducing... even that I feel much of my life is wasted.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have a friend who met his wife in a line-up.

It's not my thing, I don't like crowds, but yeah...if it makes other people feel good and it's fun, why not?

7. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I actually met some of my best life-long friends in line for the special editions.

I wouldn't do it for more than 24 hours, but I've had some great times waiting in line for Star Wars films - It's a social thing with like-minded people. I don't see a problem with it.

8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I waited in line about 8 hours before the midnight premiere of ROTS, which was a blast. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but not for any longer. :p

Dra--- likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I waited in line for Tix in TPM, then drove up to buy tix for ATOC & bought my ROTS tix online. Had to show up early for all the shows to get seats but now, hey, reserved seating and online purchase = best "line" experience ever!

Dra--- likes this.
  10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I can think of aspects of Star Wars fandom that are a lot more annoying than this.

Samayel_ likes this.
  11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    This forum is like waiting in a line together too. Get in line!

12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    It's not a matter of convenience to go and line up. It's a matter of tradition.

:D

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Reserved seating is the way to go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes isn't a little ironic that we, who are endlessly debating every little morsel of information about these films two years before the first one is even released, are telling others not to stand in line for a few weeks. :p

15. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I have no problem with the fans waiting in line. I don't do it myself but I can see the appeal. However, I do have a problem with the local news reporters showing up at the line to film a "look at the nerds" segment.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Meh. If a segment were portrayed as "Look at the nerds" and I were the type to do a line-up, I'd hold up my wine glass with one hand and shoot the bird with the other.

Look at the nerds indeed.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree with this. I hope fans don't buy tickets, either.

18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I hope fans DO line up. It's fun and tradition now. Besides if it doesn't harm anyone why would anyone care if they line up or not? :confused:

19. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    This is Star Wars. Lines is half of what it is about. I wait in lines for the movies, for midnight releases of DvD/Blu-Rays and Video Games, Occasionally for toys.... Part of The Star Wars Experience, is long ass lines.

20. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Damn right! I'll be there for the midnight showing. NOT only that but I'll be taking the the day before and after off from work so that I can go to the midnight showing and then the first daytime showing. This is an event and I won't miss it . . . unless of course someone on a message board thinks I shouldn't do that. :confused:

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I wouldn't have it any other way - I had an absolute blast waiting in line for ROTS. We were in line for 6 hours, but it didn't feel like that. There were so many fellow fans to talk to and tons of activities going on. You better believe I'll be lining up for Episode VII - like LottDodd said, it's all part of the experience!

22. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    The premiere of a new SW Episode is an unofficial holiday. Why wouldn't we celebrate it? I know I'll see about 50 or more people dressing up at the midnight premiere too!

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You just hit on one of the other great aspects about the premieres - dressing up! I love the costumes and the creativity that goes into making them. ROTS was the first movie premiere that I actually wore a costume (TIE Fighter pilot) and I haven't looked back since. You can bet that I will be at the midnight showing in full stormtrooper armor! :-B

24. thecurseofchris

thecurseofchris Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    I'll definitely pre-order my tickets and go to the midnight showing...I was only in 8th grade when Episode III came out so this will be my first one.

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think that is the ultimate fanatic tag, camping out before the premiere. Also, how do you do that if you have a job, a life and responsibilities?

"Well, boss, job, wife, kids, and creditors, you'll have to take a pause in my existence while I camp out in front of the theatre for a few weeks for the premiere of the new Star Wars movie." Huh?!?!?!

Pfluegermeister likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.