main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series One thing The Clone Wars has failed with.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mzukiller, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=435863813119585&set=a.350962014943099.76071.328988200473814&type=1&relevant_count=1

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It's his perogative, so I guess he could, but IMO it just seems like it wouldn't be in Palpatine's best interest to do so, even ignoring the fact that Palpatine is looking to replace Dooku with Anakin.

If Palpatine was exactly what he appeared to be to the senate (i.e. a humble Chancellor thrust into a war and struggling to keep the Republic together), then I could see Dooku being pardoned. I'm fuzzy on my American Civil War history, but I think Jefferson Davis and other Confederate politicians were treated leniently for the purpose of facilitating peace and bringing the Confederate States back into the Union, because things could have gotten ugly had Treason verdicts been handed out left and right.

But Palpatine isn't there to hold the Republic together and bring the CIS back into the republic. He's there to scare his own side into giving him more and more power and setting himself up as a hero, and given how cunning, ruthless, and scheming the other Sith always seem to be, it just makes me think less of Dooku that he didn't predict/suspect that he was going to be thrown under the bus so that Palpatine could establish himself as a hero of the Republic, and instead he put his fate completely in Sidious' hands, and agreed to a plan that put him in a vulnerable position dependent on mercy.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, but I'm speaking from Dooku's perspective, *if* you believe he really was a misguided idealist who aligned with the Sith for "good purposes." If he was a true Sith, you would think he would suspect treachery.

By TCW, he's an out and out Sith (well, maybe a little wiggle room) but by movie alone he could be more the first - someone who was tempted to achieve good thru less than good means and all that. I see Dooku as arrogant enough to think he knows what is best for all and any means is acceptable if in the end folks are happier and peace overlays the land, blah blah blah (at least, in the beginning).

4. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    You know, there are so many good points in this thread, we should go to TCW cast and crew about it.

5. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I've thought about sending him fan mail written in crayon with intentional grammatical errors to try and pass it off as though a four year old wrote it.

Deer Mr. Filoney,

My name is Timothy. I wach the Clown Wars. I am writeeng this leter to you as part of a skool project. I like your show. The Clowns have cool lazerz and armur. Are the Clowns sad? My daddy wached Attack of the Clowns with me. He says that they are clowns of Jango that grow up to fight. He says they ar 10 years old. I dont think 10 year olds should fight. They should be in skool. Why dont the Jedeye stop the Republick from sending 10 year olds to war?

Your fan,
    Timmy :)

Maybe it would carry more weight if he thought kids were asking these questions.

6. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Attack of the Clowns lolol

7. Apophis_

Sep 4, 2012
    Please, please, please - send him this letter!

Seerow and Valairy Scot like this.
  8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, Ahsoka will foresee the Empire and will find out that Palpatine is Sidious.

/Filoni idea

9. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't doubt that happening

Ahsoka finds out the identity of Darth Sidious, but no one believes her. She leaves the republic and runs off with Lux to find help from someone who will believe and disappears from the known Galaxy.

It's more likely than her turning to the Dark Side again or dying at this point.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  11. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    And then she is the one who tells Mace Windu and the group of Jedi and manages to escape Order 66.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It's inevitable, isn't it? [face_sigh]
    [​IMG]

13. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    I love how you're Avatar is the perfect reaction image.

GGrievous likes this.
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is my project for the weekend.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That is actually a serious ethical question, Timmy...

16. Apophis_

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey Timmy!

Thank you for your letter. Those clones are young but they eat a lot of vegetables and because of that they are strong and able to fight a lot. You will see them in action in our upcoming action-packed Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 5. You will also see your favorite Ahsoka Tano with her three new lightsabers and new spaceship that can go through space and time.

Yours sincerely,
    Dave

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Deer Mr. Felony,

Thank you for riting me back! I showed your leter to my daddy. He says you raypt his childhood. I didnt no you new my daddy! I asked mommy what that word means and she started to cry. It makes me sad when I dont no wat words mean to. Now my daddy has to spend the nite at the motell for a cuple of days. Ar you too having a slumber party there? I heard mommy say that if she cood do it all ovur she would not be with daddy. I think she wants to have a slumber party too! May bee you can come over and wach moovees with us. We can wach Attack of the Clowns!

Your #1 fan,
    Timmy

18. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

WOW You had me rollin with this LOL.

19. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    P.S. She'll also learn how to Time Travel, so she can hang out with Luke and co. while she's still a teenager.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And will teach him the ways of the Force before Obi-Wan has a chance to do so.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_rofl]

22. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Dave Filoni raped your daddys childhood? How that? Was your daddy in the same school class of Dave? lol

EPIC FAIL.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This Timmy - Dave Filoni conversation needs to be continued. [face_laugh]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
  25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005