main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series One thing The Clone Wars has failed with.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mzukiller, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  2. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Those jokes are funny but those kind of insults against the director of the show is just plain rude.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  3. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    You're right. By itself the show is fine. The blame should go to Lucas.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They are just that. Jokes. I like the show and Filoni actually seems like a cool guy. I mean Lucas has like zero interaction with the fans save for a surprise appearance at Celebration. Filoni is constantly doing the ForceCasts and is now keeping a blog, answers fan questions through Starwars.com, did episode commentaries, does Q&A chats, etc. He doesn't have to do those. The ForceCasts in particular - I think he said that he had to get permission to go on and talk about the show like he does after previously having just been a listener. Even though I don't agree with everything Filoni does with the show, I've got nothing against him personally. He's a cool dude who goes above and beyond with his fan interactions.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Spazmatron though I get laughs from it, there's no doubt that blaming Filoni for everything wrong with TCW is either ignorant or intentionally misleading.

6. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Let's cut the crap. No one really knows who to blame for TCW.
    Was it Lucas for Green lighting it, that continuity guy for letting it overwrite everything, or Filoni for being in charge? All I know is that I(we fans) probably could've written a better show without having to step over already made stories and endings.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That's exactly why Lucas stepped away from blockbuster films cause of the fans constantly criticizing him on everything

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    It seems to me your statement supports my assertion.

Mzukiller likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not exactly. Lucas is in his late 60s, has been doing this for awhile, and I'm pretty sure his skin is thicker than that.

He has been wanting to move towards smaller films for quite awhile now, and if I were in his shoes, the billion dollars plus that TPM made would speak a hell of a lot louder than any Internet voices "yelling." I can't speak for him but I would be hard pressed to believe that he feels any differently.

He's retiring because he can. And he's finally at the point where he can pursue his own artistic vision.

As far as who is to blame for TCW, it's a silly game to play. If we could get a handle on who wrote both aspects, we could play that game better but as it is, putting the blame on the person with the most influence on the project seems logical. Whether that's Lucas or Filoni could be debated I suppose.

Zeta1127, Mzukiller and Esg like this.
  10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    No, this was just his most recent declaration of his desire to move onto smaller projects, something he's been teasing since Indiana Jones 3 came out. It isn't like Lucas hasn't taken the piss out of himself lately either, so I don't take his comment about criticism like he's a broken man. More like self deprecating humor.

11. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    I now feel the show doesn't focus on the war as much as it did back in season 1 and 2. Instead we get charcters like Maul and Vizsla getting more screen time.

12. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Disgusting

13. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Good riddance.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  14. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    hilarious

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  15. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    one thing tcw failed with is beast design.

[​IMG]

that beast realy looks not very believable to me. Look at those funny big Wings/Hands. It looks like this...

[​IMG]

Do you remember that SILLY sorry Zillo beast? What was the third hand on the back? What was it good for? Shaking hands while leaving??

[​IMG]

At least modellers should use some bilogic works and study some existing animals before they design such not very realistic beast models.

I would add this as a failed thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.