VIDEO One Toad Too Many: The New Super Mario Bros Series

Discussion in 'Games' started by The2ndQuest, Nov 7, 2012.

1. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    Well I finally found the 94th exit I was missing in Soda Jungle 5-2 and I have all 5 stars. It appears that your reward is that you can enter Toad houses as much as you want, which is pretty cool, but I never entered any in the first place, so with that said, Mario U is back on the shelft and I'm currently knee deep in Luigi U. I unlocked three of the levels in Star Road and completed two of the three. Fire Bar Sprint is super difficult and has sucked away 10+ lives thus far.
  2. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    I did the 99 live trick with the bullet bills in Larry's castle and went back to tackle Fire Bar Sprint. It continued to frustrate the hell out of me. I could not beat it big. I got, what I thought, was a clever idea. I added a second player (Toad), let him get a mushroom at the beginning, put him in a bubble and just get to the end with the first player Luigi. I couldn't get to the end big or small with Luigi. I just couldn't get my timing/rhythm down.

Last night I realized that on the player selection screen that you can pick Nabbit as player 2. He doesn't take damage! So I threw Luigi in a bubble and ran to the end with Nabbit and got that last stupid Star Coin. I turned Nabbit back off and continued my journey as Luigi. Call me a cheat if you want, but I wanted to get that coin and I didn't want to leave it until the end. I still have plenty more to collect and I don't plan on using that dirty trick for the rest of the game.