One Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Kansas City, MO' started by LukeSkiewalker, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    As of July 19, 2004 we will have been an Official FanForce for a year. Would you guys like to do something to celebrate?

Also we are technically suppose to vote for a new CR since that is what we originally agreed to do. I am willing to honor that. However, for someone else to be voted CR they have to be at least 18. Is there anyone who still posts here that meets this requirement and would be able to organize activies in KC?

Let me know what you guys think.
  2. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    yeah, I was actually thinking lately if we were ever going to have another meeting or something... lol. so i'm interested, i suppose.
  3. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay so this is coming up in less than a month and it would be very sad if we didn't do anything.

So to repeat: Are we going to do anything for our one year anniverssary?

EDIT: one idea i have is to meet-up at Crown Center on July 16 to see BTTF. See this Thread to refresh your memory.
  4. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    *shrugs* sounds good to me... lol
  5. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds good.... what areas is everybody from? last time I droped in more people were from kansas than missouri..
  6. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
  7. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
  8. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm... Question.... for the idea of meeting for BTTF that is 9pm right?
    Second question... how many people are usually at these meetings?
    Third... am I still invited if I don't own a SW shirt?
  10. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I think we should meet there a bit earlier...Like 8 or so for several reasons. Since it is a free event it is likely to fill up fast. Also I am really picky about having good seats at a movie ;) .

As to how many people show up it has varied. We have had as few as 3 people and as many as 14 (including parents).

As to the SW shirt...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T OWN A STAR WARS T-SHIRT!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: I HAVE LIKE 10 or 15!!!

Seriously though it is odd to me. BUT if you don't have one don't worry about it. I (as well as the others on the board) don't try to measure someone's fandom by how much stuff they own. Everyone expresses their enjoyment of Star Wars differently. :D

PS-If their is anyone who hasn't posted on the current or previous introduction thread please do so to help everyone know who you are.

EDIT: Okay I read more about this event and found out it takes place outside which is cool but means that arriving early isn't as important. I will probably get there at 8 still but others can come later if you want. For more info please visit the Official Crown center website at : http://www.crowncenter.com/events/
  11. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    i only own five star wars t-shirts... lol.

oh wow, it's that late? i didn't know that. i suppose they have to wait until it gets dark and all...

i'd definitely bring family members with me... i detest driving downtown... lol

the end.
  12. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wait... so, are we actually doing this? By the lack of activity in the past couple of weeks, I had assumed we were not... but then I saw the announcement at the top of the page...

That is to say, at this point, I don't know whether or not I can go
  13. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm gonna try to be there... that is if we can find somebody to watch my son.
  14. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Guys I would still like to meet. Sorry I haven't posted this week. My internet isn't working and Time Warner is taking their sweet time to fix it. Right now I am at my in-laws house.

Anyways I still want to go to this and I will probably be there around 8:30 or so. I can't say for sure though because there is construction on I-35 right now and I have heard it is a nightmare that probably end until November. I will try to log in again tommorow evening (providing Time Warner makes good on their promise to fix it).

MTFBWY
  15. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
  16. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Well....shoot!

I am game if anyone else wants to go but I really don't want to go by myself. I've BTTF in theatres before and I have watched on DVD many times so I'm not really excited about seeing it again. I just wanted us all to hang out again.

I'll check back here before I head out.
  17. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry... my allergies were kicking my tailend so bad that I had to leave work early yesterday... so needless to say I didn't make it out...

Are gonna try to meet again sometime soon? I'd really like to meet a few people...
  18. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    It was fun but we got there late because of car trouble and we left early because my wife wasn't feeling well.

I wouldn't mind doing something but right now I am fresh out of Ideas. If anyone does have an idea post it in this thread.
  19. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Wait... you were at the showing of BTTF at Crown Center?! So was I! :eek: Ah man.

Next week they're showing Raiders. Me and a bunch of my friends are going...

-sj loves kevin spacey
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.