main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST One year into the Sequel Trilogy, how do you feel about it?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KED12345, Oct 30, 2013.

?

What is your outlook on the sequel trilogy?

1. Positive: Disney/LFL has been making all the right choices, JJ Abrams/Kasdan are great choices.

72 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Negative: Disney/LFL hasn't done a single thing right, so far it's not looking good.

12 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Mixed: Disney/LFL has been making some good moves, others not so much.

40 vote(s)
    29.0%
  4. No opinion: Self explanatory.

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    One year ago today we discovered that after nearly 8 years of Star Wars being on the cinematic backburner, there would be new additions to the Star Wars saga with Episode VII, VIII, and IX. I'm still reeling from the shock (although from a personal perspective, I did expect they would happen eventually).

I'm personally positive about the situation, mostly because we really don't know much about it. I haven't seen anything truly terrible that's been done with the pre-production set up. Although at first I was a bit apprehensive about JJ Abrams and Kasdan taking the helms for Episode VII's script after Arndt's departure, hearing from some of the more informed writers why this was probably done makes me happier about the situation.

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Then: afraid of Neo-Sith
    Now: afraid of Neo-Sith

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    For the past year I've been meditating upon this question. I'll get back to you when it reveals to me an answer beyond widest my fanboy fantasies that have run rampant this past year.

4. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    Somehow I didn't find out about Episode VII until.... May? Perhaps I noticed it on Facebook or something when people were talking Star Wars because of May the Fourth. I don't remember. All I know (literally, all I know about this movie) is that I'm glad I was late to learn about it. I don't know if I could've made it an entire year without learning anything besides Arnt to write (psych!), J.J. Abrams to direct and Williams to score.

5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Surprisingly, I feel very little for the ST at the moment. I'm sure I'll get more excited as we start to get news/pics etc. but currently I'm feeling rather underwhelmed.

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I was very positive when I heard the news. Then less when it appeared Lucas wouldn't have much input. Then positive again when he said the OT3 were signed. Then less positive with the rumors about character focus. Now positive again with the creative shakeup.

7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
  8. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    I get to watch more Star Wars movies with my kids. thats always awesome

9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    There's been so little real information that I can't say I feel any differently than I did a few weeks after the original announcement.

Darth Zannah, TK327 and Dewback like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I remember I was on IGN reading about some canceled film and when I got to the bottom of the article I saw the headline "Lucasfilm sold to Disney..." So I obviously clicked on it and was utterly gobsmacked to read that Episode VII was in development. I didn't quite believe it until I went to the official site and read the same story there. A year later I sometimes think I'm used to the news only to think, "Holy crap, there's going to be a sequel to Return of the Jedi and Luke, Han and Leia are going to be a part of it!!" That's still an insane thought to have and I'm not sure I'll ever be used to it until the credits roll on Episode VII. I'm incredibly optimistic and excited about it and so far I haven't had anything to be disappointed about. I have faith in Abrams and I love the team they have to handle the screenplay. The crew is excellent and to think that I'll have another three soundtracks from John Williams makes me giggle with glee! :D

11. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Considering how very little info they've given us, i dont know how to feel at this point [face_laugh]. But i remain hopeful it will all turn out beautifully in the end.

Force Smuggler and Dewback like this.
  12. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Mostly, I feel bored because we know almost nothing more today than we did one year ago.

Darth Zannah, Jaxxon-, TK327 and 3 others like this.
  13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I was really excited a year ago & still am but the three main questions are still not know ...... 1. Conformation of the Big 3 2. The exact release date 3. The Title ...........
    Where as we know all this for the Avengers 2 ...............

14. handofluke

handofluke Jedi Padawan

Jun 30, 2013
    I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. I think Disney will play it safe with Episode VII, but it will still be enjoyable. Episode VIII and beyond will be judged more harshly, and I hope Disney is up to the task.

15. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Mostly positive, I accidentally voted for mixed though. I think the crew they've hired to make this film are very talented people. I think Kasdan and J.J. Abrams will do a great job scripting and directing this film. I'm sure there'll be plenty of stuff about the film that upsets me, but my hopes are high.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Eager to see it, but at the same time a part of me would've preferred to see the series fade away rather than Disney's new film a year plan come to pass. I'd prefer to see young(ish) directors like Abrams create their own worlds and characters.

17. crescenstar

crescenstar Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2013
    No opinion: Self explanatory.

most of all actions are positive.... but i cannot say anything when we have so little information!!! so... i just gotta wait =)

Ryus likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I am very positive with just a few minor misgivings at this point. All of the factual and actual moves they (Disney/LFL) have made thus far are good and forbode a very bright future of SW.

However, I have a couple misgivings that are mostly fears fabricated, like many other fans, out of nothing really.

First, I'm a little fearsome of resurrections. Rumors that Ian McDermiad and Ewan McGregor are back don't sit great with me. For Ian it suggests that Sidious is back, a resurrection. I could deal with a Force ghost but don't really like the idea of recycling villains over and over again.

As for Ewan -- I'd rather see a CGI version of Alec-wan Kenobi than a young Obi-wan in old makeup. That also doesn't sit well with me.

My last fear is just the casting. I want it to be confirmed that the BIG 3 are in fact back and ready to go and I want to know aboujt the other major casting choices so I don't have to sweat at the thought of seeing Zack Effron, Ryan Gossling, Alex Pettyfer and others who are not widely welcomed for the next 3 acts of this grand saga. Once we get some casting news though we won't have to sweat it anymore, just get sued to it or eventually learn to accept it whatever the case may be.

19. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm stunned they haven't told us more.

I'm most unhappy about ditching digital in favor of film (in 2014!). It's spitting in George's face. George specifically went to Sony to produce a digital camera so he could film AOTC digitally.

El Jedi Colombiano and CoolyFett like this.
  20. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I was optimistic then and I haven't learned anything since then to change my mind. So far they seem to be making all the right decisions.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    That's a little harsh and a lot of hyperbole. JJ wants to film with film in order to create that continuity between 6 & 7 (plus I understand he always shoots with film). I think that's fine. I don't think George is offended.

TKT and Ryus like this.
  22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I feel about the same as I did at the back end of last year. Reason being, we know about as much as we did then.

Darth Raiden and Vthuil like this.
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The one thing I am worried about is that the reaction of certain fans will make discussing the films unbearable.

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm still very much positive - from everything that we've seen so far, it seems that Disney and Lucasfilm are on the right track to make an awesome Star Wars film. By this point, I thought we would have more information. The lack of news has been more than a little frustrating (it has become more of a joke than anything else), but I figure they'll spill things when they're good and ready.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Ryus like this.
  25. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I'm Switzerland.

If we knew more about the project, I'd be more positive, I think, but until that happens, I'll stay neutral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.