main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One year later - How many stars do you give AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by YodaJeff, May 15, 2003.

?

One year later - How many stars do you give AOTC?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. 5 stars

255 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. 4 stars

127 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. 3 stars

48 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. 2 stars

37 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. 1 star

20 vote(s)
    4.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    I would give it three stars.

I enjoyed the beginning, the story with Obi-Wan, and the fight at the end. I didn't like the love story all that much, and thought some of the dialogue was too lame.

2. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    I gave it 4 stars.

I've rewatched this plenty of time.

There are little bits and bobs of dialogue that I didn't like hence the 4 instead of a 5.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I give it five stars and 2 thumbs up!

Attack of the Clones was the ultimate StarWars movie!

4. Patriarch156

Patriarch156 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    On my first viewing I felt really letdown and would probably have given it 2 or 3 stars. I did however see it 3 more times and my appreciation and entertainment increased every time. After I bought the DVD repeat viewings makes me only enjoy the movie more and more. But as no film is perfect, I gave it a 4 (which is also what I would rate the best of the OT as well).

Incidentially I felt the same way with HP2, whereas I was awed by HP1, not knowing what to expect and going because my wife wanted me to go with her, I had the feeling that "this is not very good" and "it feels kind of flat" when viewing it. Getting the chance to review it during easter on DVD, made me appreciate it all the more.

I had read the script before I saw AOTC and read the book before I saw COS, and I am now convinced that this lessened the impact of the first viewing in both cases.

5. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I still really enjoy watching it now. I don't think it's fair to compare the PT to the OT since I've spent the past 26 years in love with the OT, but AOTC beats the crap out of RotJ and is right behind ESB and ANH.

6. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    4 stars, it's great, but it's got a LOT of problems.

7. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    2 stars for episode 2

I'm a harsh critic.
    I liked it, don't get me wrong. But overall I feel only a few elements saved it.

I'd have to love to watch it 10 times a day in order to give it anything higher than a 2.

8. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    5 stars. The same as from a year ago. :)

It's become my favourite, while durring the same time, ESB has divebombed for me.

9. tun_dot_com

tun_dot_com Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    I love all of the Star Wars movies. 5 Stars!

10. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    In my country AOTC celebrates its first birthday tomorrow (may 17).
    I thought it was cool then, and i still do!!
    5 stars!

11. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Interesting stuff, Patriarch156, including your views on the HP films as well.

12. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    As a movie,I give AOTC a 4.

As a story,it deserves a 5.

13. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    5, I like it more now than I did a year ago when I would have given it a 4.

14. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    5 Stars.

If I reviewed films, I'd review them in their genre. Now, Star Wars has its own kind of genre, because it is Sci-Fi Fantasy, but done on a level that reminds you of ancient times (even though it looks futuristic). I don't know if there are other films out there that can be compared to Star Wars, because it is such a unique style. Originality is an issue some Tolkien fans have taken up with Star Wars since day one, but is anything influence free? Of course not. Basically, Star Wars has its own rules, thus, its own little mini-genre, and as it stands, AOTC is a five star film. Sure, it's not perfect, but then again there are no serious problems. The biggest problem I have with it is that it does feel too short. None of the other Star Wars films feel too short, they feel just right (although I'd like them to be longer ;) ). But while watching AOTC it feels like we are missing things. But then again, maybe they were cut for good reason?

Anyway, Here is how I would rate each Star Wars film:

TPM - 3 Stars
    AOTC - 5 Stars

ANH - 5 Stars
    TESB - 5 Stars
    ROTJ - 4 Stars

15. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, I gave it 5 Stars a year ago, and IMO it's still worthy of 5 stars!

I love everthing about Attack of the Clones. It's style COMPLETELY suits my taste. It's everything I wanted the PT to be, so how can I give it anything less than 5 stars.

16. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    5 STARS

I liked it when it came out and I still like it even know. :D

17. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    It seems the trend from last year continues, with an overwhelming majority giving ATTACK OF THE CLONES four stars or better. Can't say I'm surprised.

18. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    One year ago today guys! One year ago today Episode II: Attack of the Clones opened up world wide. Most of you probably went to the midnight showing like I did. Time flys. It will be sooner than we all think when we finally see Episode III.

Oh and I give it five starts still! :)

19. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    3 STARS
    6.5 out of 10

And just because it is a STAR WARS movie, after all !
    Otherwise it would get a below average rating.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thats right Durwood, a lot of people forget that when it was first released, this forum was FULL of people who loved/liked AOTC.

In the last year, that SMALL number of fans who didn't like it have kind of distorted the fans opinion, because it seems the overwhelming majority o this board still think Attack of the Clones is a great movie. :)

21. Jolt-Cola

Jolt-Cola Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    I gave it 3 stars. A year ago I would've given it 4 stars.

The reason for this is simple, the more you see of the dreadful "love story" and the awful dialogue that fills the movie, the less you enjoy it.

22. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I would give it 5 which I think I did last year.

23. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Five stars, for me. Tied with RotJ as my favorite.

I think some of the other movies were put together better, but this one just draws me in so deeply. I never get tired of it.

24. HighWiredSith

HighWiredSith Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    None. Have you seen The Matrix Reloaded? The Matrix films (not to mention Lord of the Rings films) are everything the new Star Wars films should have been: fresh, eye popping, stunning works of art made by people who don't think themselves some kind lofty god of movie making with egos the size of Jupiter. The Wachowski brothers and Pete Jackson, they know how to make movies and they do it with the kind of passion that George Lucas had 30 years ago, back before he began to believe his own B.S.. [edited] I quit being a Star Wars fan after the garbage that was AOTC. Episode III will suck just like the other two. Lucas has killed Star Wars!!!!

YJ edit: Removed mild flame

25. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    It seems the trend from last year continues, with an overwhelming majority giving ATTACK OF THE CLONES four stars or better. Can't say I'm surprised.

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.