main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One year later - How many stars do you give AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by YodaJeff, May 15, 2003.

?

One year later - How many stars do you give AOTC?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. 5 stars

255 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. 4 stars

127 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. 3 stars

48 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. 2 stars

37 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. 1 star

20 vote(s)
    4.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Mot

Darth-Mot Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    You 5* guys can suit yourself, I gave it two. For me, 5 stars must mean I find the film flawless. AOTC for me is filled with inconsistencies. Weak performances, bad script, unbalanced direction. The film was too inconsistent. I loved the Coruscant chase, but hated the 'romance' scenes. I loved Dooku, but hated Dex.

As much as I watch it with 'rose-tinted' spectacles, it is not a five star film in my opinion. For me he prescence and impact of ESB makes it a much better movie than AOTC. IMO to say AOTC is a 5* film, is to say that it is just as good as LOTR. I don't think anyone can suggest that without sounding silly.

2. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    IMO to say AOTC is a 5* film, is to say that it is just as good as LOTR. I don't think anyone can suggest that without sounding silly.

You're right. CLONES is better!

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Over the past year, Attack of the Clones has grown on me, not just as a Star Wars movie, but as a movie in general. Now, when I first saw it, I loved it. But overtime, little touches stand out, the artistic value of the movie stands out, the subtleties and details scattered throughout the movie like grains of sand stands out, and the more I watch it, the more I think it's a great movie, on its own, even without the help of the other episodes. It's probably my favorite episode, barely ahead of A New Hope.

Oh, and the Geonosis conflict rocks Helm's Deep anyday. "Boo! Pooja just HAD to bring up LOTR in his post!" Yeah, well, I did. Get over it.

5 stars.

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I gave AOTC a 5 star rating, not only because I think the fact that GL has little (if anything) preventing him from telling the kinds of stories he wants...so there does't have to be a "special edition" later on. While the deleted scenes in the AOTC DVD were great...I understood every decision he made.

Plus, I still get all sentimental when they show the Nabo retreat...because I got to see it in Lake Como.

5. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Cool, you did?

You 5* guys can suit yourself
    Thanks man :)

6. Leia_Fanatic

Leia_Fanatic Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    5 star rating. It's my third favorite SW film.

7. Jorda_Fett

Jorda_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    oooooo... man atoc kicked but i meen i blew the phantom menece out of the water. i no i may be 11 and iv not seen many good movies but this rocked iv seen itt over 50 times :p

8. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    Darth-Mot,

I can see flaws in movies but if I like the movie a lot I don't harp on them. I focus on the good stuff in the movie. I also do not need to defend myself to you. 5 stars all the way!!!

9. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    I pretty much loved this movie. As I said earlier, NP's acting was dissapointing. I loved the saber duels in this episode, but they were just 2 short.

10. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    I rated it on how much I enjoyed the film.

11. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    5 stars then and 5 stars now.

12. Frank_Booth

Frank_Booth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2003
    2 stars.

Not a total disaster by any means, but very disappointing, badly written and acted CGI-fest.

13. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'd say 4 and a half for a Star Wars flick.

It's tough to compare a movie like AOTC, or any Star Wars film to other films just because they are structured differently. AoTC has flaws...some cringe moments, but one of, if not THE most enjoyable Star Wars film to watch for me next to Empire.

14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
  15. BespinJake

BespinJake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I give AOTC 4 stars. Second favorite behind Empire, which will always be not only the best Star Wars film ever made, but the best sequel ever made (close with Godfather II).

Out of all the Star Wars film, I think AOTC has the highest "rewatchability" factor. And I would rate the scenes on Tattooine (Speeder through desert, Tusken slaughter, & Garage confession) as the most powerful scenes of the SW saga. Absolutely spine-tingling.

16. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Seems to have been a while since this was around.

17. Child_of_the_70s

Child_of_the_70s Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2003
    Just wondering - but 5 stars? Really? AotC is OK, not horrible or anything. But it just isn't as fun a movie (on all levels, really) as ANH or TESB. They're the gold standard.

This may invite annihilation, but I'm not sure that Clones is even any better than TPM (esp. TPM as I watch it - ff'ing through the Jar Jar parts)

Don't get me wrongo, though. I'm not here to bash. A SW film is a SW film and they're all very enjoyable.

18. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Out of all the Star Wars film, I think AOTC has the highest "rewatchability" factor. And I would rate the scenes on Tattooine (Speeder through desert, Tusken slaughter, & Garage confession) as the most powerful scenes of the SW saga. Absolutely spine-tingling.

I completely agree. :D

*****/*****

19. JediHPDrummer

JediHPDrummer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    5 Stars Definately. No film is Perfect. Nothin is Perfect IMHO. But that doesn't mean it cant get 5 stars.

AOTC wouldn't be the great AOTC with out the Great Underrated TPM. AOTC is so visually stunning, the shots in this movie are so beautiful, the visuals really do tell the story. The way george uses his color pallette is beautifully done. George Lucas Best Directing in my opinion. I like the dialogue, it's nothing spectacular but it gets the job done. The music and the visual narrative is what makes this movie the best star wars movie. The story is so engaging, george puts mythology, history, psychology, sociology, anthropology, detective, sci/fi serial, philosophy, And the way he blends it is beautifully. And i'm one of those people who think the love story is beautifully done. It's really a beautiful love story, the music really expresses it beautiful, and the way george shoots it expresses it, and the dialouge expresses it, fireplace scene is really really underrated, what a great scene IMHO. I think the tatooine sequence and the droid factory sequence are one of the best directed pieces ive seen. But everything is beautifully directed and shot. I think George did a beautifully Job.

20. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    I basically gave it 5 stars because that's how much enjoyment I got out of the film.

I know some people try to rate things purely on a technical level, but I prefer to get a little emotion involved.

21. du365

du365 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2003
    I give it * star and here's why,first off let me rate the other movies.

1.ESB-*****(Classic)
    2.ANH-****(Would be five if not for the ending)
    3.ROTJ-***-(Ewoks, Jedi Rocks)
    4.TPM-**-(Jar Jar,Llyod,etc)
    5.AOTC-*

Positive:AOTC has some of the best video game graphic and toys money can buy.When it cames to special effect and playset no one alive does it like good ol'GL. John Williams continues to produce excellent musical scores and that makes you almost feel the moment.Excellent storywise.

Negative:AOTC was directed really badly and has the worst dialogue from any movie in 2002.I have no idea why Lucas allowed his directing ability to deteriorate.I hope that for Epi3 he get Jackson, Spielburg, Lee, Cameron, or the Matrix brothers to direct because he is absolutely lost it.If GL doesn't get another director than for God's sake,GET A SCREENWRITER PLEASE. The dialogue from AOTC sound like a movie from the 1930's.

Hayden, Hayden, Hayden,(sigh) the dark side I sense in you. You were horrible in AOTC to the point were I started to laugh at the you.Is this the future *DARTH*.I know you only have one movie under your belt but that's still no excues to be garbage, you are a actor *ACT* or go home and let someone else relieve you of the role of a lifetime.(This last statement was directed at *YOU* Christenson, shape up).

I was on the verge of giving this -* because the bad outweight the good but maybe a * star will make Lucas ditch the yesmen around him.

It get a * because no way does it deserve **.

22. I_AM_A_CLONER

I_AM_A_CLONER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2003
    maybe its excitement for episode 3 but i love it more now than i did last year (don't get me wrong it was excellent when i first saw it....but now....whew!!!!) every time i decide to watch AotC i always watch the trailers first .....that way i get all crunk and what not like i'm back in the early months of 2002 before AotC came out. it is a great film and like any great film it has flaws but that does not detract from the story or driection of the plot.

23. du365

du365 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2003
    " it has flaws but that does not detract from the story or driection of the plot"

IMO, my friend yes it does because I would have overlook it if it wasn't so obvious.

24. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    it has flaws but that does not detract from the story or driection of the plot

Definitely. As a movie, AOTC isn't that perfect, I give it 4 stars. As a story, me thinks it deserves a 5.

25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "If GL doesn't get another director than for God's sake,GET A SCREENWRITER PLEASE."

1. GL is directing Episode 3.
    2. You do know that GL had Jonathan Hales help with the screenplay for AOTC, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.