main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Year to Go - How good do you honestly expect Episode III to be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, May 19, 2004.

?

One Year to Go - How good do you honestly expect Episode III to be?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. 100% pure Star Wars

61.7%
  2. 95 - 99%

15.0%
  3. 90 - 94%

5.0%
  4. 85 - 89%

8.3%
  5. 80 - 84 %

1.7%
  6. 75 - 79%

2.5%
  7. 65 - 75%

2.5%
  8. 55 - 64%

1.7%
  9. 45 - 54%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Less than 45%

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I am a skeptic I said 85%. I hope for 100% pure Star Wars but I doubt it will happen.

2. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    This'll be the best prequel, IMO.

Still only around 70% though.

3. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    So far from what I've seen of this movie, it has the potential to be excellent. I recognize that GL doesn't have the best recent track record with TPM and AOTC, but this movie looks different. The title is awesome, which is more than the previous two can say, and also it looks to be the darkest film. Star Wars was at its best when Darth Vader was at his best as a villain. This movie also looks to have some of the dark themes similar to the feel of ESB and that is enough to make it awesome in itself. I can't wait for May 19th!

4. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    My expectations are soaring lately. The title choice to me was confirmation that this movie will hopefully be on target. If we look at what Lucas said about the first two movies, he was right on target with what he promised. He said that TPM was the beginning, about how Anakin was found and taken from his mother, which it was. He said AOTC was a love story, and it was that. In both cases, the end result was an enjoyable movie but not what I would call the optimal result.

All along, Lucas has been saying ROTS would be dark and would turn people off. I'm going to take him at his word on that, and based on the Hyperspace stuff I am seeing, I am quite hopeful that this film will be great.

5. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    100 % awesome! I believe that GL will show everyone why there are certain things in TPM and AOTC that people have been complaining about that will help tie everything together. Believe me, one line you will always hear from the audience during ROTS is "so that's why!", over and over. It will be a bittersweet ending, too. It will be an ending to a great, great adventure that I have literally gone through my whole life. Never has anything affected me so much as this saga. I just can't believe it will be all over soon! Waaaaahhhhh!

6. Radar

Radar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2004
    Pure Star Wars.

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Forgot about this thread. When should the mods make the next one? :)

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Maybe at 6 months to go, maybe at 3 months to go. Once we start seeing some trailer action, it will be interesting to see the reaction from the 3NS.

9. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I wanted to go 95% - 995 to give room for error but who am I kiddind. 100% baby! this looks to be awesome!!

10. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Well, the only things 100% SW for me is the OOT, but I'm sure this will be pretty close... 99%... ;)

My, I really have high expectations on this film! Maybe I should start telling myself it will suck so I will be pleasantly surprised at the premiere instead... ;)

11. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    It looks and sounds like it will demolish the other prequils.

12. Spirit_of_Pozzi

Spirit_of_Pozzi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2000
    Will we have a new thread next month? :)

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yes - 6 MONTHS TO GO! How good do you....et cetera.

Plus, it will be after the first trailer hit. :D

14. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    wow thats next week huh?

15. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    100% It has the hype and promise to be.

16. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    Man, I cannot wait for this movie. 100% for sure. Right now, my favorite Star Wars movies from most favorite, down, are:
    ROTJ, TESB, AOTC, ANH, TPM

I am confident that by next June, the list will be revised to be:

ROTJ, ROTS, TESB, AOTC, ANH, TPM

Can't wait.

I wanted to bring this up somewhere, maybe this is the right place.

I was juggling this idea around in my head. I find it highly unlikely, but something to think about:
    Do you think Lucas would start ROTS with a scene similar to The Return of the King? Showing where Palpatine came from, how he was educated in the Sith ways, why they lay dormant for so long, and why they have to take revenge? Again, highly unlikely, (it would be wierd after the opening words), but what do you think?

17. durga2112

durga2112 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    That's an interesting idea, but you're right - it probably wouldn't work so well in a SW movie, unless Lucas wants to do something REALLY different with this one. But some more background info on Sidious and the Sith in general would be a good thing.

Now, my turn to bring up something that I don't want to start a new thread about - but if it SHOULD be in its own thread, someone please let me know and I'll do it that way. Do you think that ROTS has too much ground to cover storylinewise? I just look at the way things are in the OT and wonder if that is the case. Also, a lot of little lines in the OT seem to demand some sort of explanation, and ROTS is the last chance to do that. Things like:

-Obi-Wan's name change to Ben
    -the near-extinction of the Jedi, and how Yoda and Obi came to be where they were in the OT
    -"He was the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy... and a cunning warrior." I've no doubt that the latter is true, but we have yet to see any real evidence of the former - will we get a chance to see Anakin in some crazy dogfight or high-speed chase?
    -"Something familiar about this place." Was Luke born on Dagobah, or taken there as a young child?
    -Why the droids don't recognize Tatooine at all
    -What's with the cave on Dagobah?

Hmm... I thought there were many more things than that, but I guess it is early and I am not thinking entirely clearly yet. [face_laugh] Perhaps some other people can think of more lines/situations that need to be addressed.

Am I just expecting the film to tie in too neatly to the OT, or are these things that should be addressed?

No matter which is the case, I don't think it will affect my enjoyment of the movie negatively at all. If something is not addressed, then I can go on making up my own explanations like I've always done. But if any of those things ARE addressed, it will be a huge bonus that can only add to my enjoyment. :)

18. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    Well AotC left me kind of brain dead (in a good sense) for an hour or so. But E3, well I just hope it will exceed this feeling.

19. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "Something familiar about this place." Was Luke born on Dagobah, or taken there as a young child?

He was subconsciously referring to Yoda, "a long time i've watched this one".

It's Yodas presence thats familiar to him.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Or maybe he had a dream about Dagobah - a "Force" vision if you will.

Plus, if Yoda was watching over him from a distance, as he claims in ESB, it's possible Luke felt that in the Force. Even unconsciously and with no control over the Force.

As far as ground to cover in ROTS:

(1) not everything has to be tied together in ANH, but we've heard that the most important things will, and

(2) ROTS is supposed to move VERY quickly. I think we're all going to be exhausted once it's done.

21. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    I agree that it's Yoda's presence Luke recognizes. And we have seen evidence of Anakin's piloting skills in I and II. As, for a dogfight, well that's another question I have:

What are the chances of seeing X-Wings in ROTS? Or, their predecessors, say.....Z-95s?

Also, are we going to see the Alliance's "first victory against the evil Galactic Empire" that the ANH opening words refer to?

22. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    100% Star Wars. The movie I've been anticipating since the prequels were first announced.

From somebody else's signature(Forgot the username, sorry :( )...

TPM - Childhood Innocence
    AOTC - Teenage Angst
    ROTS - Adult Tragedy

It fits. It fits quite perfectly.

23. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    100% Pure Star Wars...I'm not hard to please however... I absolutely love both TPM and AOTC

24. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    TPM - Childhood Innocence
    AOTC - Teenage Angst
    ROTS - Adult Tragedy

That's without a doubt the best view on the PT i've ever seen

Let's hope it's true, it definitely fits

25. zap2012

zap2012 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    i was wondering about why the droids don't remember tatooine or anything the other day while watching ANH. it's really strange. we know that droids can get their memory wiped, so that's a very likely scenario, i would say. i wonder if we'll see the circumstances leading up to this at all...

as far as obi-wan going by ben, i don't think that really needs explanation... he just wanted to be hidden a little, or it could be the same thing as anakin's name not having any meaning to him... he could have been so upset by his failure that he changed the name.

i guess we'll see if we'll see...

andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.