main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Ongoing Discussion: The Clone Wars TV Series (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by 72Princess, Oct 1, 2012.

1. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    The previous thread has been locked since the big move so I thought it would be helpful to start a new.

I have the Season Premier of the new season on our DVR but have not had a chance to watch. I am, however, very excited about it!!

2. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    If the opener is any indication, I think this is going to be a really good season!

3. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I enjoyed the first episode but lil frustrated at the end

4. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    son of a .............I missed it!!!

Ok, gotta check the on demand stuff.....

5. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Enjoying it immensely!

6. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    1st episode was really good IMHO.

7. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    i finally got around to watching the first episode and I liked it. Hondo is one of my favorite characters of the series and it is always enjoyable when pirates are involved!

8. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Ok now i hope after 4 ho-hum episodes and a gay love tri-angle..... hoping they will get to some good story lines again for season 5

9. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Alright already....is it just me or is this season of clone wars or a season of asoka....maybe there throwing alot of her in since going to kill her off this season lol..... although i still love the lil wookiee padawan

10. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    I am enjoying the 4-episode story arcs they've fallen into. It helps justify a 5+ season show wedging itself into (and giving the finger to EU stories already tightly packed within) a three-year chronological span.

11. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    ok, building lightsabers on a ship instead of at the temple is not what I had in mind.....and from 'spare parts' bins........really? I always pictured a Jedi machine shop with CNC type stuff......kinda takes the personalization out of lightsabers

oh, and whats with the kid trying to be starkiller? That saber he was building was way to close to the game IMO

I hope they get away from Asoka and get to the Anakin/Obi stories, I want to see the legends in action before they really start to hate each other.......

12. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    The Force Unleashed? I beg to differ, sir.

[​IMG]

;)

13. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Nay, several Jedi using the same hilt in the same Prequel took the personalization out of lightsabers. This is just reinforcement. :p

14. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    I type corrected on the Force Unleashed thing.....I really hope that was a product nod and not a lack of creativity.....

Oh yea, the "Clan" Lightsabers, hated that then and still hate it. I just can't see Qui Gon's or Obi's TPM sabers, or Anakin's AOTC saber, being created on that ship from a spare parts bin, it is just wrong.......

15. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Is it me or did they phone it in for the packaging for season 4 compared to the great art books we used to get with the first few seasons...

16. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    OK started to get excited as I thought we where about to see the death of asoka at the hands on General Grevious, but alas we still have to listen to her whiney voice.... guess star wars series isnt complete without a whiney character....lets see what new whiney character they come out with in 7-8-9.... although if they do introduce solo kids they will have jacen as the whiney character. Hopefully now we can get back to the brothers of destruction and death watch. Bumbed that they didnt show to much with grungie the wookiee jedi and instead focused on the human jedi characters more throughout this lil mini trilogy.

17. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Well if it wasnt for the fact that the episodes where written before the sale to Disney ....I would say the latest episodes with the droids was a disney episode. Maybe just got spoiled by the more adult themed episodes lately but lets get some action going back into this season 5 like they showed in all the trailers.

18. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    We have not seen the last of "D Squad"

19. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    I don't know what was worse, the droids or the grasshopper......

20. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Ok when did plankton get a spot in the star wars universe....uuuggghhhh....i guess what do you expect when kid wars ...i mean clone wars has a sat 930am air time.....uuuggggghhh

21. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Clone wars lasted 3 years so why so many seasons? Shouldn't each season represent a year? Why stretch it out so much? I know there's a lot of battles but not enough for 5 possibly now 6 seasons.

22. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I think these 4-episode arcs are helping with that a lot. Yeah, it's a lot of content to cram into a space that was already pretty full of EU material, but I do like the fact that now they are doing arcs that focus on characters other than Anakin and Obi-Wan. They haven't had this much time away from those two since Season 1.

23. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    About fracking time season 5 of the clone wars is getting good....this weeks episode with savage, maul, deathwatch, blacksun = joygassim.

24. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Yes, it's really starting to get interesting... Sith showdown anyone?

25. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    I started to watch from Season 1 beginning again.