Online only RPG

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by Axia_Euxine, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay boys and girls. I talked this over with Talon and we are going to do a seperate and unique online-only RPG.

Talon is going to run it. But there are pre-requistes.

1. No newbies to Role-Playing. At least one character in a pen and paper game under your belt.

2. Role players, not roll players

3. Honesty in reporting rolls, obviously.

$. You must be able to check the boards on a VERY regular basis.

Now spaces are extremely limited and I assume that within these pre-requistes it will be first come first served basis. But please still post if you are interested as Vic may decide to take more or other may stop playing.

Also, Vic would rather not play during the Rebellion era but will if the majority want to play during that time.

I'm thinking that the New Jedi Order might be fun. This is going to be SWEEET! Online RPG!!
  2. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Too preliminary to say first come first served, so to speak, but if you're interested, PM me, don't post here. I may have questions for you, and then I will PM you back and post here to let you know about whether you're in the game or on the waiting list or whatever.

First come first served is important though, but it's not the final criteria.

This is open not just to us here locally (geographically) but anyone who can meet the criteria, but preference will be give to the Henderson and Vegas Fan Force.

If you feel like you're unsure about whether you can meet the requirements, feel free to ask questions.

Thanks!

Talon
  3. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    so whats going on with this one? Im excited and waiting.... waiting......waiting.......
  4. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Still evaluting applicants. No more people apply, we are more than full. In fact I am determining if a couple of people need to go on 'waiting list' status.

Stay tuned for more info soon....
  5. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    Dont know if any of you like playing rpg online like this but there is a site where you can swrpg online (if you can get a game), the site is here
  6. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    you could try using IRC or telnet to run the games. then post the entire conversations on the boards so that we can laugh at the failure of others. :) It'll be like that one time we tried to use AIM to do an online game, but 48% less crappy.
  7. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Chat RPG's don't work for me, as I can only jump online sporadically for bits and pieces at a time, albeit several times each day.

Doing it in a thread will be good, plus it will be easy to read.
  8. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    its probably way too late for me to apply isn't it? can I still apply, or am I denied already?
  9. Arphaxad_Magus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Psh, you're a total "roll" player, not a "role" player, Acthar. Get it? "ROLL" player? I.e., you live and die by the dice, and not roleplaying? Its a word play, get it? Because "roll" and "role" sound the same! HAR HAR HAR!!!!!

. . . um, yeah, consider this a free bump. :D
  10. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    free nothing! there is a $2.38 toll on all bumps. pay up.
  11. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    It is too late, but I can guarantee your spot on the waiting list, if you want. Yes?

12. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    so what's the verdict on this game?
  14. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    Did everyone apply to play online?
  15. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    so what's the dealio? is this going to happen.... i haven't heard anything about it....do i suck..... am I not included??!!! I'm going to go cry now :_|
  16. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't heard anything about who else is playing either or whats going on.

We could all say what era we are leaning towards. Since we play in the rebellion era lets choose something else. I say NJO
  17. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I am still figuring out just how many players will be optimal.

Unless I hear differently in this thread, we are looking at playing somewhere in or around the New Jedi Order era.

If you applied and don't want to do that, speak up now :)
  18. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, making this decision on how many players start out is tough, as I hate not including people.

So, all who wish to play (and have applied) tell me this:

How many players, besides the GM, would you like to see initially begin play. Please consider that 'playability' of the game and overall quality tend to increase with smaller numbers, and decrease with larger numbers. Pick a number between 1 and 10 for the number of players to start.

Thanks,

Talon
  20. Darth_Vitrious Jedi Knight

I know I am late to the table in wanting to join this online only RPG but do to recent events and my soon to be inability to make it to the Sat. night games I still wish to continue playing and this would be a perfect option for me.

I guess it is up to you vic. Let me know.
  21. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I would say 5 is a good number, its right in the middle. Not too much...not too little.. its just right... as long as I'm one of the 5, but if I was like the 6th in line then it should be six people :)
  22. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    7 seems like a good number to me.... but perhaps i'm wrong.... i just want to play....
  23. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Five sounds good to me, this will take long enough being online only unless people are around computers alot. ALOT.
  24. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    4 + GM is my opinon. Otherwise everyone fighting together can take waaaaaaay too long, especially online when you have to wait a few hours for someone ahead of you to take their turn.
  25. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    5 sounds about right to me, too.

10 is definitly too many.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.