main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Only Demons Walk Alone - Obi-Wan/Siri - (Purge vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KrystalBlaze, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/blazers_ewan/demona.jpg]

Cover art by obaona

Summary: After her apprentice's death, Siri is on the verge of suicide. Obi-Wan catches her before her fall, and the talk they have afterwards send both into a dangerous and deadly tailspin.

______

Only Demons Walk Alone

Only demons walk alone.

Anakin Skywalker is the only demon I know. I don?t define demons as being made purely of darkness. Those beings are the Sith, or another word I?m not to inclined to say. Demons are beings that battle the darkness, that battle for the light. Even from light years away, I know Anakin isn?t entirely gone. I know better than that. I won?t hold him to that standard, to that world. He?s a demon. Obi-Wan doesn?t call him that, but I know it?s what he thinks: Anakin isn?t too far gone to be save, but he isn?t the one to save him.

Obi-Wan. My dear, sweet Obi-Wan. The young ones, the initiates and young apprentices, mock him. They sneer at his name and share a look of loathing with their friends. They call him the downfall of the Jedi, the one who ruined the Order. He trained the bad one. He trained the forsaken one. He trained Darth Vader. He?s as bad as Vader.

Whenever I hear the words uttered in the same breath, I turn and snap at them. They are young, I understand, but no one should ever think that. Their Master, too, tell them not to say the words. They tell their apprentices that Obi-Wan Kenobi is a respected Master in the Order, one of the most talented and dedicated Knights to ever grace the Jedi Temple.

But they never tell them that they?re wrong.

The Masters are beginning to believe the false truths. The younger ones, mostly, the ones that took Padawans just to teach the skills that are needed to survive. They are losing faith in the Order, in the Force. They blame Obi-Wan. Everyone needs someone to blame, right?

The Jedi Order is falling apart.

When the Temple fell, we lost many. We lost the great warriors, the older Jedi. Mace Windu. Kit Fisto. Luminara Unduli. My own Master, Adi. My apprentice, Ferus.

That wound alone sent me on a suicidal rampage on our first safe planet, someplace on the Outer Rim. It?s been so long since that day that I?ve forgotten. It?s a minor detail, nothing more. I remember the big things that happened that day. Two weeks after the Temple fell, we arrived on the cliffy planet. A day after that we hiked up to the mountains to seek refuge, to seek shelter from those who still believed in the Republic. They gave us their home, their camp. We would leave in a week or so, when our presence treathened the kind people who gave us their home. A day after that I hiked to a high cliff that overlooked a ravine.

I was going to jump. Ferus was dead. The Jedi were being hunted for a bounty, the honor turned into a scar along that back that marked us for death. I might as well be dead. There was no reason to live. The Code had no meaning.

There is no death.

Ferus was dead.

I was going to jump.

Obi-Wan followed me to the cliff. I don?t know why. He had probably sensed my mood, my distress. He took my wrist. Held on firmly. Pulled me to his chest. Put his arms around me. And let me cry. He let me wallow in my self-pity and grief. I told him of my anger for Vader, for everything, of the burning hole inside me that seemed to have no end. I told him the Code lied.

Ferus was dead. There was death.

I told him the emotions that raced across my mind, although he probably felt them in my tears. The self-pity. The grief. The anger. The lost of faith. The red that burned in my eyes whenever I thought of Vader. The guilt.

He was my apprentice. My charge, my responsibility. So many years ago, when I had first taken him as my Padawan, I made an everlasting vow to protect him, to place his life before mine at all costs. To keep him alive. I was supposed to watch him to Knighthood, to stand at his side and cut his braid, and proclaim him a Knight ready to serve

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wonderfully written and very powerful! :)

3. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Wonderfully written and very powerful!

[face_blush] Thank you, obi-ew! And congrats on your awards, BTW. :) Thanks for checking this out.

There may be a companion piece later, if you want to know. I'm toying with the idea at the moment. :)

-Krystal

EDIT: Spelling. Eck. :p

4. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Krystal why don't we share Archive domination? Definitely.

5. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Krystal why don't we share Archive domination? Definitely.

Teh coolness. :cool: :D

-Krystal

6. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Uppy uppy uppy uppy, hoo rah!

-Krystal

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was absolutely wonderful. Very powerful and incredibly sad. Wow, I really felt both Siri and Obi-Wan's pain. I liked that you included what the young ones were saying about Obi-Wan (made it much more poignant) and the fact that the other Jedi didn't contradict it.

Great job.

8. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002

This was absolutely wonderful.Very powerful and incredibly sad. Wow, I really felt both Siri and Obi-Wan's pain.

*blushes madly* Thank you very much, diane.

I liked that you included what the young ones were saying about Obi-Wan (made it much more poignant) and the fact that the other Jedi didn't contradict it.

Truth be told, that was my favorite part, my favorite line. Thank you for pointing it out!

Also... Only Demons Walk Alone now has cover art!

Only Demons Walk Alone

Mad thank you's to obaona, who made it for me! :D :D

-Krystal
    Endless steps end in endless miles...

9. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This was extremely good.

Another good author to add to the list to watch for.

10. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    That was beautiful, Kryste. Beautifully poignant and sad -- it's not many who can pull it off without sounding totally ... damn, what's the word in English? :p I'll think of it eventually. ;)

Up up up!

(You'd get more people to read if you put Obi/Siri in the subject header, I'd wager. :p People are like that.)

11. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002

Siri's despair just leaps off the page. And Obi bears his cross with his characteristic dignity. So real and so sad.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Amazing, moving piece of work. You captured the despair of Siri so well. It just doesn't seem fair that the Jedi would shun Obi-Wan for Anakin's actions! Glad he had someone to stick up for him. Great work, very nice use of language and descriptive language. Superb work!
    Kimberley

13. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, guys, hi! I was cruising around my stories, checking in and such, and I finally saw this thing had replies. Oops. :p So here come the author response:

Crystal: Thank you for the extremely nice things you said! [face_blush] I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) @};-

Elli:

Beautifully poignant and sad -- it's not many who can pull it off without sounding totally ... damn, what's the word in English?

Hmm, I don't know... *ponders* [face_thinking]

*whistles*

Nope, not getting it. Thank you so much for the comments! They made me feel so nice. :) Also, Elli, I want that fic... YOU know which one I'm talking about... *hums*

l_n

Siri's despair just leaps off the page. And Obi bears his cross with his characteristic dignity. So real and sad.

[face_blush] Thank you very much! @};-

VaderLVR64

Thanks so much for the comments. They really made me like this story again, and I thank you for that. :) I'm really interested in EpIII (I REFUSE to call it RotS) and how the Jedi react to Obi-Wan after Anakin's fall, as I'm sure everyone else is.

Thank you again, so much! @};-

14. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    :_|

So sad for both Siri and Obi-Wan--and Obi-Wan doesn't deserve to walk alone. :(

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    :eek: Man! That was exquisitely well done!!! Loved this!! Great job!! =D=

Loved how Siri was able to 'find' herself and attempted to get Obi to 'find' himself. Poor guy... the weight of the universe will be on his shoulders in Ep III. I most definitely would hate to be in Obi's shoes once Anakin falls all the way...

Great viggie!!! Awesomely well done - the emotional angst was great!

16. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    That was wonderfully done Krystal. Siri and Obi-Wan's pain was so real. Great job. =D=

I love the cover art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.