main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Only Hope"

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by COLLOPOFONE, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COLLOPOFONE

COLLOPOFONE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    ...Ben Kenobi never helped Princess Leia at all. What was the point of having Obi-Wan go to help her if she never even mentioned his name on the Death Star? She left him a message in R2-D2, "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." I dont see why Obi-Wan should've needed to go back. What was Lucas thinking? ..am i missing something here?

somebody please help me out

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    There wasn't anyone left much that could've helped her.she was being chased by DV,and she needed someone's help qiuckly.she probably knew obi-wan was the man for the job.and plus,I think bail organa wanted to get obi-wan into the rebellion :)

EDIT:sorry,That doesn't sound like much of a answer.I remember more info I think.but I'm tired,and can't think.

3. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Her adopted father, Bail Organa, told her to seek out Obi-Wan and E3 may give us insight into why.

4. rayblueline

rayblueline Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003
    The reason Obi-Wan was her only hope is because he lived on Tatooine, and Leia didn't know anyone else on Tatooine who would/could help her.

5. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Bail Organa, knows that Obi Wan is a smart man and a cunning Jedi from back in the day. Who else would you send you daughter too! come on now. Obi is the bomb. lol

6. gold-finger

gold-finger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    kenobi is a bum.

"i'm getting too old for this sort of thing"

i love how he makes luke feel bad for him.

7. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Obi-Wan is still one of the most powerful warriors in the galaxy. He may be old but can still fight (just ask Walrus man), was a Clone War general, and is the only surviving Jedi (or so we thought).

8. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    Ben Kenobi never helped Princess Leia at all

How come? His mission was to take R2 to Alderaan with him because the plans were inside his memory. He tried to do so, but when he arrived at Alderaan there was nothing there, only debris of the planet, that had been destroyed by the Death Star.

So his mission was officially over. Fate had it that they were capture by the Death Star, where the Princess was being held. So Obi-Wan's mission was now to save her, even if he didn't really know she was there. He only wanted to turn off the tractor beam so he, Luke, Han and co. could escape.

So, in the end, he managed to save the princess and deliver R2 to the rebels. Pretty good job, I'd say.

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    He certainy did end up helping her. He recruited Luke, Han, and Chewie. He turned off the shield. And provided the distraction they needed to get away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.