main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Only if we're the only ones who get the money from the resulting patents!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    From scifi.com

Candidate Proposes SF Tax

A Republican candidate for an Alabama congressional seat has proposed a plan to tax science fiction to fund NASA, The Huntsville (Ala.) Times reported. Michael Williams, who is running for the 5th Congressional District seat, proposes a 1 percent "NASA tax" on SF books, comics and any other space-related literature to finance the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the newspaper reported. The tax would also apply to "space, space-related and science fiction toys, puzzles and games," Williams said in a listing of his platform, the newspaper reported.

A Hampton Cove, Ala., resident, Williams, 28, holds a master's degree in political science from the University of Alabama in Huntsville and a bachelor's degree in business management from Athens State University. He works at Publix Super Market at Hampton Cove, the newspaper reported.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I think that tag line at the end of the article says it all. Degrees from two backwards a$$ Southern Colleges and he works @ a Supermarket. Yep, he's a goober, for certain.

3. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    He's an insult to Republicans, alabamans, grocery store workers, and goobers.

4. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    well who do I protest too nationaly?
    I wont pay it I dont care a rats ass about nasa and besides they already get money from us through taxes.I wouldnt care if it was **** we dont already pay for but you pay for cable tv so they can pay for the satelites that the govrenmet uses for their bull**** too. I'm mad as hell now
    whats next? are they going to come put a box on my toilet and charge me to use it cause I got new's for them they can kiss my white hairy crack!

5. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Now announcing my bid as his Democratic challenger, my platform.

"The military will now be funded exclusively by NRA dues"

Not willing to move to Alabama over it.

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    "The military will now be funded exclusively by NRA dues"

trying to put me out of a job are ya? :p

7. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    NRA dues could dang near pay the military budget, let me tell ya!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!

8. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I just thought it made a good sounding counter plan.

We should be funding both security and exploration, with an equal burden on all taxpayers. Without security, we don't survive, without exploration, there's no reason to.

9. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Why would you work in a grocery store if you have a masters?
    This guy is a real goober.

I think Uncle Sam gets too much of my money as it is.

I say lets make every person in the senate and house take 6 months without pay, and send it to NASA.....

Always gotta take everyone elses money...

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I just know I'm supposed to be getting a raise this july and again next january...just don't want to screw that up!!!

11. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Without security, we don't survive, without exploration, there's no reason to.

I've never heard that before-maybe similar, i dont know- but thats a damn good one OW.
    damn good

& personally- i would give nasa my house if i thought they could make it fly-but the tax system is way too F'd up already anyway-lets try not to make it any worse by allowing fantasy interests to dictate anything government related.
    only a goober could come up with that one.

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    that's kinda depressing. I think I can find reasons to go on living w/o space exploration...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.