main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Only in Dreams

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by solojones, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Besides being an awesome Weezer song... dreams are crazy, crazy things. I used to have a dream journal which was quite useful, but I've lost it. I know I'm going to have to find it, and until then, start a new one, because these things are just crazy! I especially have odd dreams, and it's kind of interesting to think "Wow, I came up with that...I need help."

This is the place to talk about past and present dreams and possible meanings (if any) behind them.

2. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    If I have any dreams, I certainly don't remember any of them. :(

Maybe I need to seek professional help... I hear that being dreamless for extended periods of time is unhealthy :p

3. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    I've had some pretty wierd dreams before, and I too had a dream journal at one point, but I lost it too! I need to start a new one. Well anyways, I can't think of anything specific right now. I mean, my dreams usually include people I know who influence me and that sort of thing. I don't think I had a dream last night though :p

That is pretty wierd, Jason. hm. *shrug*

4. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    The most interesting thing about my dreams is that a majority of the time I'm in or around the house in which I grew up. I may be in the house or on the street or neighborhood where I lived. I'd be interested in knowing what that might mean.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That's too bad about not remembering your dreams :( I love my dreams. I wish I could have movies of them, that would be sweet :D

So let's see, here's an interesting dream I had about a month ago that I thought I'd share:

I was going to the Academy Awards with Kevin Spacey, and we were in the auditorium before it started. I decided to go wander around, so I went downstairs, where I saw these big machines. They had all the people present's names on them, and these little labels for everything they were thinking about. One on Kevin's was labeled 'Rachel', so I decided to plug my brain into it and see just what he was thinking about me.

It was an episode of Lassie. Needless to say, I was confused and a little miffed. Then I turn around, and there was Kevin. "You associate me with Lassie?!" I shouted. He didn't say anything, but at that moment Zach Braff (JD from Scrubs) came and grabbed me by the arm and we started running away from Kevin. We ran through some unfinished basement rooms and such.

Suddenly, Zach turned into Jim Carrey in a redish-purple velvet suit. He shouted that we needed to run as fast as we could down an alleyway. We saw a dead bird and stopped to have a little funeral, then kept running. I guess Kevin was following us, but we lost him somewhere. Then I woke up.

:confused:

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I used to get lots of Star Wars dreams when I was first a fan. I remember flying an X-wing and having Jabba the Hutt spitting on people at my school's playground.

As Ace Ventura would say. . . obsess much? :p

Jae Angel

7. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    About a year ago, I kept having a recurring dream about a talking goldfish named 'Slappy'. He was trying to engineer a way for humans to become fishlike, so his goldfish brethren could complete their evolution and rule the land.

The dreams also involved two people named Fatty Sezchuan and Jaque Lette who were trying to stop Slappy. Also, there was a really pretty girl involved somehow. I can't remember what her name was in my dream, just that she had a problem farting uncontrolably. Her name may have been Robin Banks.

8. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    John, I think that was a bad episode of Bugs Bunny.

9. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I dreamed that I was working at my job last night. I was there and my girlfriend came in. Except, she was sat to Josh's section and Josh totally was hitting on her. So, then Josh pulled out a sword and challenged me to a duel. Mindy was rooting for me as was Mike, Jon and Liz. I pulled out my lightsaber and whooped Josh's hieny. Except, I let him live. Suddenly, his master, Matt, came in and challenged me to a duel. I ended up with my head almost in the oven..

Bruce saved me.

Dennis then fired him because he was late for work.

Heh.

~ James

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    James, that would make the workplace considerably more interesting. ;)

I still don't see how me = lassie... do I have a self esteem problem? :(

11. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Don't worry Rachel, I find Lassie very sexy... [face_love]

12. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Lassie was one hell of a hero, Rachel. Maybe your hero side is trying to surface?

~ James

13. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Another recurring dream I used to have when I was quite a bit younger was a dream I only got when I was sick. In it, Grimace from the McDonald's ads was chasing me around, and kept saying he was going to devour my genitals. Just seeing Grimace to this day gives me the shivers.

I probably shouldn't be posting that, should I? Oversharing?

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I always thought Grimace was a perv.. [face_plain]

~ James

15. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I had a recurring dream since I was three that I was at a museum with my teddy bear. Only it was a museum of coffins with dead bodies. Leonardo Divinci's was empty, so I asked the vampire-looking host about it, and he said he was Leonardo Divinci, then I ran away.

I'm always 3 in the dream for some reason.

17. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    :eek: That would scare me, Rachel!!

The only recurring dream I've had stopped when I was probably about 10. It was a little kid kind of dream where I could fly or something. I don't remember it very well. *shrug* But then I usually don't really remembermy dreams ;)

18. COSLeiaOrganaSolo

COSLeiaOrganaSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    Once I had this really weird dream about Betty Boop and she had like disappeared or something. At least two years after that dream I had a continuation of it where she had been like stuck in the elevator the whole time.

A few nights ago I had this dream where my neighbor, Kevin died in a car accident. Later it turned out that it was actually my friend Chris who had died. Then Kevin was standing next to me and Chris was like sitting right in front of us and I was like, "Didn't you die or something?" and Chris was like, "No."...Yeah...it was really, really strange.

Another time I had this dream where I won this contest and got to spend a day with Harrison Ford in like this mansion/ranchy place where he lived in my dream...I didn't want to wake up for that one...In my dream I realized it was a dream and I was all like, dammit I want this to be real! :_|

I often realize I'm dreaming in my dreams. Does that happen to anyone else?

19. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    sometimes, when the dream is so completely wierd and random I'll realize that it's not real :p But usually it's only after I wake up that I realize its just a dream. Sometimes I have a dream that's really real, and throughout the next day I think it happened, and then I'm usually disappointed when I find out I'm just making stuff up :p Usually I don't remember anything, though.

20. COSLeiaOrganaSolo

COSLeiaOrganaSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    Even if my dream seems completely real, I normally realize it's just a dream, in my dream.

I have like constant dreams about like moving things with my mind, like I'm using the Force. It'll take me a while, but I always realize those dreams are just dreams, in my dreams. :(

Once I was fighting something outside this warehouse thing near a bunch of crates and I was like moving things with my mind and then all of a sudden I had a lightsaber. :p

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I realize I'm dreaming sometimes in my dreams. It can be really weird, actually. I've had a dream where Kevin Spacey made some comment I was shocked about, then he ammended "But don't worry Rach- this is just a dream". [face_laugh]

Last night I had a dream there was a 3D variety show (need one of those!) that Kevin was tapdancing on. Later, I had my first kiss with this kid Bryan that in my dream I was dating. In RL he's just a friend whom I kind of like, but not really. It was an odd dream. I think it was because I watched Never Been Kissed yesterday.

22. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I had a doozy of a dream this morning; I need to get it down before I forget it.

I was at an outdoor barbeque, and it was there that I met AmazingB. Now I've never met Amazing in real life, but in my dream, he looked a little like Corey Feldman.

While we're at this barbeque, we hear an odd commotion, and a few people around the rib tent start yelling. It seems that someone stole a magical weasel. Of course, Amazing and myself volunteered to go look for it.

As we were walking down the street, following the last way the criminal was supposed to have gone, we both blacked out. We can to in a red room. We were bound seperatly to the wall. To the left was the magic weasel, and to the right was a large fat man sleeping on the floor. The fat man looked a little like a cross between Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs and Captain Kangaroo.

While the fat man was sleeping, I somehow got freed from my bonds. I slinked over and freed the magical weasel, and then freed Amazing.

It was then we learned what the magical weasel could do. He began to glow and sparkle, and we were able to step through a mirror into another dimension. There AmazingB started working on picking the lock to the door to get us out, while I kept a lookout in the mirror to make sure the fat man didn't wake up and chase after us.

As soon as the door was opened, I looked into the mirror and the fat man was gone! I told Amazing to take the weasel and go, and that I'd buy them some time. I headed back into the interior of the house, and came face to face with the fat man. A hearty and furious kung-fu fight then ensued, but suddenly the fat man collapsed from a diabetic seizure. I almost felt sorry for him, but then I remembered he had kidnapped me and a magic weasel. So I left him there.

I ran outside to find Amazing and the weasel taking off into the night in a little red wagon. I ran to catch up to them, then jumped in the read wagon. We both shouted "yeah!" and exchanged high fives at our gallent escape.

23. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Interesting, John. I'm glad you and B made it out of there alive.

24. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I think that means you either had too much chile before bedtime or your medication is running low.

Are you sure that "magical weasel" doesn't represent something?

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I slinked over and freed the magical weasel, and then freed Amazing.

Good to see you have your priorities straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.