main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Only In Secret (A/P Viggy)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    I seem to be on an Ani/Padme kick. :) Here's a little vignette I wrote. I hope you enjoy! :) Er, I live on feedback. ;)

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to GL.

They lived on secret glances.

For a better part of a year they saw each other only in passing. Obi-Wan and Anakin seemed to become one of the Council?s favorite pairs to send on off-world missions, often preventing the newly weds from even being on the same planet. Padmé could count on one hand the times they?d actually touched, and even then it was just the brush of a hand or a friendly handshake.

They met most often in the Chancellor?s office, so much so that Padmé began to look forward to those summons from Palpatine with a happy, hopeful anticipation when once she had sighed in annoyance. But even when the top Jedi and the Chancellor?s personal council were gathered into that one room, it was hard for them to express their love. They could do nothing that might possibly give away their secret. Anakin touched her hand lightly whenever he could, and he always sent her amused, suggestive glances whenever Obi-Wan had turned away.

Padmé was suffering from this separation, her loneliness even more acute because she had no one to confide in. The last she had heard from Anakin ? three weeks ago ? had been a short holo telling her that he was about to embark on another mission off-world. He hadn?t said where he was going, or how long he would be gone, leaving Padmé to play the message over and over again, staring wistfully at her husband?s miniature blue form and wondering when she would see him again.

Now, lying in her bed after a long, tedious day, Padmé?s thoughts were drifting to Anakin. She wondered where he was, what he was doing, and ? most importantly ? whether he was thinking of her.

She lay awake, her mind?s eye perusing his strong, smooth face, imaging herself running her hands through his hair. It was something she never would have allowed herself to indulge in a year ago. Then she would have firmly pushed him out of her mind and turned her thoughts toward political matters. But now that she had admitted that she loved him, after marrying him and dedicating her life to him, such a luxury was permitted.

If she lay quietly enough, she could her him whispering her name over and over again.

?Padmé.?

Padmé?s eyes snapped open, her mind leaping from her dream world at the sound of her name. She pushed herself off the bed into a sitting position and smiled as she opened her arms to her husband.

?Anakin,? she whispered.

In the pale light she could hardly see him, a dark shape by the door. He moved to her side, sitting on the edge of her bed and encircling her waist with his strong arms. Burying her face in his neck, her fingers twisted his Padawan braid affectionately. He planted soft kisses on her cheek, her neck, his hands buried in her hair. Padmé relaxed into his arms, feeling that she could just melt into him. She could barely believe that he was here, that he had managed to sneak away from Obi-Wan to see her.

After a few minutes they parted slightly, still clasped in each other?s arms but far apart enough to look each other in the eyes.

?What are you doing here?? Padmé asked, smiling.

Anakin grinned back. ?That?s a nice way to greet your husband.?

?Well of course I?m happy to see you,? Padmé said quickly, raising her hand to his cheek. ?But?? She almost asked if he was going to get into trouble for his subterfuge, but she checked herself. She knew, with an embarrassed pleasure that tinted her cheeks pink, that Anakin didn?t worry about rules or getting into trouble when it came to her.

?How long are you back for?? she asked instead.

He bent down and kissed her, softly, quickly. ?I don?t know. The Council sends out many Jedi these days. The Temple feels empty. There are more threats to the Republic now that the war-?

Padmé laid a finger against his lips. ?Shh,? she said softly. ?I have a rule, my dear husband, which you must learn. Wh

2. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Lovely! I hope you write more.

3. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Thanks, Dally! I'm working on a story about Padme's first kiss right now. Hehehe... pure mush.

Tae

4. tun_dot_com

tun_dot_com Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    Wonderful viggy! Keep on writing, I look forward to more! :D

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwww so cute Tae! Lovely mush :)

6. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Awww is right. :)

Well done, Tae.

7. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Awwww :D Your Ani/Padme stories are just ... awwwww...

8. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    Very Nice! I hope to see more of your work soon!
    -LadyVader

9. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Very beautiful.I want more!

10. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    AWWWW how cute. that was very well written. I enjoyed it. :)

11. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    tun dot com - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Luney - Well, Arden Lyn doesn't allow for much mush, so I have to have a mush outlet somewhere. ;)

Thanks so much, Knight Ander!

Leia Nabberie - [face_blush] hehe, thank you.

Glad you liked it, Lady Vader. What I Really Feel

Vampire Jing - See above. ;) I was a little hesitant in posting this, so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Little Skywalker - *beams* Thank you very much.

Tae

12. Mrs_Padme_Skywalker

Mrs_Padme_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    Awwww! [face_love]
    That was so sweet!

13. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Awww, that was great!

That completely lifted my spirits. :) Lovely ficcy. ^_^

14. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Very nice work, Tae. Sorry i didnt see this sooner (im hardly ever on these boards).

I can see them having that much trouble, trying to be together. The Clone Wars certainly wont help things. It was a cute peak into what they have when they ARE together.

::Windstar Out::

15. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    That was so sweet! I hope you write more.

16. AnakinPadmeSkywalker

AnakinPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    Adorable! *sigh* Oh, how I love A/P mush... [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.