main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Only One Jedi [Ganner Rhysode vignette] -- A Drawing Has Been Added!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Title: Only One Jedi
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Time frame: during Traitor
    Genre: angst
    Characters: Ganner Rhysode; Nom Anor
    Summary: Only one Jedi could manage what he?s done.
    Notes: This scene was written from Nom Anor?s point of view in Traitor. I?ve now written it from Ganner?s. This is the fifth 52 vignette challenge fic. Like the others, this is unbeta?ed.

VIGNETTE FOR THE WEEK OF AUGUST 7 ? 13

______________________________________________________________________________________________

He has never been more confused in his life, but at the same time, he has never understood the world more. At the present moment, everything he was, everything he is ? his entire being ? has been propelling itself towards this time and this place.

This time. This place.

He has no concept of time. Time is in the past. There is only the dull fullness of now. Now is everything he?s ever lived for. His past self would have been frightened of the pleasures of now. But like time, his past self is gone.

This time. This place.

This place is an unimaginable cesspit in the ruins of what once had been the centre of the Galaxy. This place has changed ? and as it has changed, it changes everything that touches it. He came to this place with one mission in mind, only to have it replaced by another. By coming here, he has been forced to change. This place has killed his past self.

This time does not exist, only now does. This place has destroyed this time, just as it has destroyed his past self.

Never before has he known anything so alien, so obscure that it is terrifying ? and yet, it is comforting. The wanderer has found his lost place. He is comforted by this fact. He will now thwart his lost place, his alien place, his now, his this place which has caused so much destruction and loss. He will complete his mission.

?Buy me ten minutes. That should be enough.?

He will do it for his past self?s friend. He will do it for the lost Jedi. He will do it for the traitor. He will do it for Jacen Solo. Most of all, he will do it because he must. He?s commanded to by a power that is beyond his comprehension, but still courses through him.

This place, his mission, and now are a world of opposites. A world of opposites that unite together to face the ugliness of what has happened to the Galaxy. With the combination of these opposites, there is hope ? hope for a new day, hope for the end of this war.

He does not think he will see the end of the war, even though he knows it will end. Even though he doubts that he will exist in the land of the living for much longer, he is filled with a jubilant power because he knows that his enemies will cease their bloody crusade.

He stands in the archway. The doomed archway; the archway that symbolizes so much. It is the way to death, the way to destruction, the way to loss, the way to fear, the way to hopelessness that will eventually bring the way of light. Opposites fight and join under the archway. The archway signifies everything that has happened since the war began ? and everything that will happen till the end.

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/NoneShallPass.jpg]

He is relaxed. He is ready. His mind is filled with nothing but the jubilant feeling that he gets as he thinks about his ultimate mission ? to buy Jacen Solo that time. It may seem like nothing, such a little mission, to outsiders, but for those with more insight, this could be the most important mission of them all. The mission that will give the Galaxy back their hero. The jubilant feeling ignites and roars in his chest as he thinks about this; every other thought that could have been does not exist.

He is ready for them. He will succeed. He knows it. He will get that time for Jacen Solo, he will face the Yuuzhan Vong, and he will trap them. He will taste his prey?s loss and the end draws nearer. That will suffice.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! I loved it! Ganner is one of my favorite characters of the NJO.

This place, his mission, and now are a world of opposites. A world of opposites that unite together to face the ugliness of what has happened to the Galaxy. With the combination of these opposites, there is hope ? hope for a new day, hope for the end of this war.

That passage seemed especially powerful to me. Bravo! =D=

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *Whistles* wow... that was... very powerful

I'm floored that you've manged to get into Ganner's head at his last moments. I can see this happening and I'm impressed at the way you've portrayed it.

All in all, an excellent vig.

Great job, Idrelle_Miocovani

4. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    He is relaxed. He is ready. His mind is filled with nothing but the jubilant feeling that he gets as he thinks about his ultimate mission ? to buy Jacen Solo that time. It may seem like nothing, such a little mission, to outsiders, but for those with more insight, this could be the most important mission of them all. The mission that will give the Galaxy back their hero. The jubilant feeling ignites and roars in his chest as he thinks about this; every other thought that could have been does not exist.

Kudos! Kudos! Kudos!

Very powerful, wonderful viggie. =D= =D= =D=

Beautifully written, Idrelle.

oldj

5. Guidance

Guidance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    "This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own.

Most powerful when put into the context, and an amazingly true look at the final last thoughts into the mortal life of the Ganner. It seems that Ganner is the first of the Jedi to finally learn what it means to be one. He is Himself, what took Jacen a whole year to learn, Ganner already knew. And that's why. . .

[face_skull] :mad: NONE SHALL PASS!!!:mad:[face_skull]

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A most insightful viggie. WHile I may not know all about the EU, you certainly show how every exciting and intriguing it can be.

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I loved Ganner's last stand! This is beautiful and does the scene in the book justice.=D= :)

8. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    That was wonderful! =D= You did a great job capturing the mood of Traitor. :)

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Thanks! :)

Jade_Max: Thanks! I'm rereading Traitor right now and I was always wondering what Ganner was thinking and why he was so happy in that scene.

oldjedinurse: Thanks! [:D]

Guidance: Thanks! [face_blush] :)

Healer_Leona: Thanks! :) You don't know much about the EU? *shakes head* You shoudl read some of it!

rhonderoo: Thanks, oh great new moddess! :p ;) :D

jedi_of_ennth: Whoops, missed you. Thanks! :)

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    He will do it for his past self?s friend. He will do it for the lost Jedi. He will do it for the traitor. He will do it for Jacen Solo. Most of all, he will do it because he must. He?s commanded to by a power that is beyond his comprehension, but still courses through him.

I loved that! True Jedi moment for Ganner, right there. [face_love] It's a great way for a hero to go out. :cool:

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Great job. I loved that scene in the first place and having it from Ganner's perspective made it so much more powerful. :)

12. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very powerful.

=D=

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    JadeSolo: Thanks! :D

DarthIshtar: Thanks! I was rereading Traitor and got the idea... I always wanted to know why he was so happy in that scene.

FelsGoddess: Thanks! :)

14. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Wow....I'm speechless. This is so well done, a gorgeously written piece of work here. I like how you've incorporated the style with which the scene was written but made it your own. :) This makes me want to attempt to draw that scene again! Again, it's wonderful to see multi-talented people like you around here. :D

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_blush] Awww, thanks Correlian_Rogue!

A while ago, I drew a piece based on this vignette. I've added it in it's proper spot, for those of you who would like to see it! :D

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Go Ganner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.