main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Only One

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Alison Organa, Apr 3, 2017.

?

You MUST choose one and only one. Which would you camp out for?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2017.
  1. Thursday - 40 Years of Star Wars

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Friday - The Last Jedi

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. Alison Organa

Alison Organa Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2016
    Not sure I'll be able to handle camping out for two nights. Help me decide. I'm leaning towards Thursday.

2. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    The announcements, if any, at the 40 year panel will be on Youtube. I'm betting the energy in the room from seeing the new trailer will be as incredible as it was 2 years ago for TFA, and something you won't be able to get by seeing a Youtube video.

3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    well you will be able to see Mark at both so that's out of the equation.

ask me a month ago, I would say TLJ, now I would almost lean for 40th. Ask yourself this question, would it be very emotional and meaningful to you to see cast from the last 40 years on the same stage as a big family or would you rather see the new sequel cast? I mean the trailer is a big deal, don't get me wrong, but you will get that excitement even if you show up at 6 and get in one of the overflow rooms and everyone around you will be buzzing about it whether they saw it in the panel or on youtube when it's uploaded. And with the off chance it's a 30 second teaser and not a 2 minute trailer like last time, a lot of it falls on what will really touch you the most.

4. Alison Organa

May 4, 2016
    Yeah, but having Hamill, Christensen, Daniels, etc. all together?

5. Alison Organa

May 4, 2016
    I don't know - I was a the original 1977 movie in theaters. I'm leaning towards 40 on Thursday.

my kind of scum likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Both. Just do it. When it's over you'll be glad you did. I mean, you can still sleep, it just won't be in the comfort of a bed.

7. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    The 40th Anniversary is about movies that we have seen hundreds of times. TLJ is something brand new. You want to miss out on seeing the first ever trailer for TLJ with thousands of like minded fans?

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    For me it's easy. I'm not too excited about TLJ, but the chance of seeing so many of the old cast on stage together sounds wonderful.

9. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    The 40 years of Star Wars is the very reason we are there.

That being said I am not sure I am going for either. I like to sleep in a bed and with rooms being smaller and crowd larger, I don't think I wanna bother.

10. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    I initially was only going to do TLJ (so that would be the one I'd pick of the two) but I'm just going to tough it out for both. Might just have to sacrifice a bit of my time at Celebration on Thursday (after the 40th panel) to sleep.

11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Trust me, with all the excitement going on at the opening like that the last thing you're going to want to do is leave to go sleep for a while.

12. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    With Galactic Nights at DHS on Friday - I won't have a chance to sleep otherwise.

On the other hand though - being sleep deprived all day will probably make it easier to sleep on a floor Thursday night so maybe not.

13. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    If I could only do one, I would pick TLJ because that would be the only way to see that cast. The 40th Anniversary is tough to pass on though. Just do both.

Docgeo and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  14. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I went from thinking I would skip the 40th anniversary panel and camp out for TLJ to deciding that I would try to do both by sneaking in a few hours' sleep at my hotel the night before each event. Though if I absolutely had to choose which one I want to see live on the Galaxy Stage, it would be TLJ for the trailer reaction. The reaction to the TFA trailer was my favorite part of last Celebration (though I was in the nosebleeds last time, which made it hard to take good pictures. This is the best one I have:

[​IMG]

15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's pretty much what I'm counting on, that even if I don't get much sleep Wed night I will at least be able to on Thurs night.

I still get chills when I think about that moment.

16. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Really tempted to camp out for both, but can't see how we won't be a total wreck after the first two days - especially with Galactic Nights on Friday night.

Probably more likely to camp for the 40th anniversary and then try and get up for 5am for TLJ. That should at least get us a streamed stage. I feel like TLJ is more about what will be on the screen, whereas the 40th will be more about the people on stage.

Alison Organa likes this.
  17. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    At Anaheim, even though I had a time difference I was wide awake and jittery Wednesday night because I was way too excited. So if I can't even sleep in my hotel due to the excitement, I might as well be in line for the panel. I'm expecting Thursday night to be asleep by the time they close the doors

MotivateR5D4 and jerejerebinks like this.
  18. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    I actually can only got to one because Friday is my only day at Celebration. I'm glad, though because my 8 year old son will be with me, and while he is a huge fan of the OT and the history of the saga, he is so excited about the future of the franchise, so being one of the first people to experience anything from TLJ is high on his wish list, and me getting to do that with him is high on mine. I would love to be at the 40th panel, but it's not possible. If I could, I would sleep there both nights.

19. Alison Organa

May 4, 2016
    I have to admit, one of my pet peeves is people trying to capture everything on video with their cell phones. It's one of the most annoying things about paying so much money and everyone has their phone up. :mad: Cuz I'm so damn short!!! It's not like you can even get good cell phone video of the stage either. I just better resign myself.

Docgeo and my kind of scum like this.
  20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I go to a lot of concerts and I swear there have been several times where I have been oh so close to just grabbing a phone out of someone's hand and chucking it somewhere. I can tolerate it for a good few minutes, I'm cool with that, you want to capture a specific moment or get a little memento from the event you're at, that's fine. But when the phone is just constantly going up for several minutes at a time, or worse, doesn't even come down at all, I can't stand it. And I can't believe it sometimes when people can just be so into themselves and what they want that they absolutely must capture this entire thing on video, most likely just to share it on social media and get likes and thumbs up for it, and not even be aware of the impact it is having on the people directly behind them.