main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Only TWO YEARS Until Episode Three

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by d8camjordan3, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Entertainment Tonight confirmed it days ago and tonight Samuel L. Jackson confirmed it on A&E. Star Wars Episode III will be out in 2004. These are two confirmed sources. In my opinion, it must be true. This is not a lie...I would say something like this if it were not true. Only two years...maybe because of more advances in technology? more people working on the special effects? a shorter movie? What is the deal?

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I thought it was due in 2005.

3. Shakeer Rahman

Shakeer Rahman Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 1999
    Nah, thats impossible. Episode 3 is gonna have alot of CG, and so a lot of editing time. 2003 would be the best bet: the alpha-bet.

THIS PUN IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF SHAKEER RAHMAN.

4. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    i know its kind of unlikely but when i hear it from both of those sources....

5. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    If you saw it on TV, it must be true, eh?

:p

6. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    But did both sources independly confirm it? I don't think so...

Though, some Episode III filming has been done, Albeit only a few minutes.

--Joey

7. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I thought I heard that shooting starts this summer.

AOTC didn't start filming until 2000 - so they would be ahead of the game.

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Very interesting that 2 sources are saying 2004....though this would completely shock (and please :) ) me, I'm not expecting it until 2005. There's simply too much post-production work for it to be out in 2 years.

9. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i still think 2005 just because george wanted 4 years after tpm rather than the 3, i don't think he would go shorter.

anyway i have a timer on my site for may 16 2005 hehe check that out.

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm expecting it in 2005. If it comes out in 2004, I'll be shocked, pleased, and disappointed.

They're going to start shooting this summer, and I'm thinking that there will be a TON of CG work in this movie, even more than in AOTC. Also, Lucas will want to get this perfect, as it is the final movie in the saga.

11. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    2004 seems pretty unlikely to me. After all George is now just beginning the script for Ep3, plus Rick and co. will be scouting filming locations most of this summer and fall perhaps. Shooting won't start until summer 2003, then there's post-production *after* filming wraps around October 2003.

I'd say it's a safe bet the schedule will mirror that of TPM and AotC.

12. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    Umm...they're gonna be shooting NEXT summer.

Not this summer.

Principle photography will be in Summer 2003.

13. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    hey ok dont blame me...talk to samuel l jackson and et online

14. WickedFierce

WickedFierce Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Maybe they'll be done filming the movie in 2004. I'm still sure it's 2005 for the release.

15. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Umm...they're gonna be shooting NEXT summer.

Not this summer.

Principle photography will be in Summer 2003.

Exactly.

Just as in III's two predecessors, principle photography will be in 2003, two years before the release of the film. George doesn't even have the script written yet.

And as I recall, this same rumor popped up about AOTC being released early, in 2001.

Not blaming you, jordan, but there is no way this is true.

:)

16. Darth_Tyrannous

Darth_Tyrannous Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    If it comes out in 2005 it will be perfect if they start shooting this summer. They will have time to edit, do the cgi, show it to people not in the loop (people like ebert and roeper and other film critics and maybe even some fans). Then they can re-shoot, re-edit accordingly and then off to the theatres for the greatest Star Wars ever.

17. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Pros and Cons:

Pros:

Two separate sources have confirmed that it'll be due out in 2004 apparently.

Starting work earlier than usual.

Some work already done.

Cons:

All the other movies are released 3 years apart, would Lucas sit on his hands and tinker for a year with the final product?

18. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    As said before, this is just not true. Sam Jackson is probably just confused, and we all know that ET never rechecks thier information. The movie will be released in 2005, I am sure of it.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

19. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    It will be out on the 28th anniversary of Star Wars in 2005 !!!

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    this is odd because while i was waiting in line for AOTC, the guy next to me (who works for the EMI music group here in L.A.) told me that he was invited to Skywalker Ranch to see a screening of AOTC, & according to him, Lucas told them that Episode III will be released in 2004. i'm not quite sure if i believe him.

21. dynomite

dynomite Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    No complaints here.. but I think they are mistaken.. if all the designing has been done, and they don't introduce and new CGI characters.. I could see them being able to move it up a year. But the talk was shooting would start early 2003.. I think it would be really pushing it to finish all CGI in a year or less.

I'd say 2005 is still the true date.

22. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    you all can say anything you want...

now we have three sources...whats the deal

23. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    This is odd indeed. I frankly think 2004 is impossible, but we'll never know for sure until later.

I was under the impression the schedule would be roughly like the past films:

[b]Late 2002 to early 2003[/b]: Script writing, location scouting, and pre-production concepts/brainstorming

[b]Mid 2003 to 2004[/b]: Principle photography

[b]Early 2004[/b]: ILM steps in and works on the massive amount of CG shots....this will take a long time.

[b]Late 2004[/b]: Official title announced/First teaser trailer released around November of 2004.

[b]Early 2005[/b]: More trailers, official toys/merchandise and soundtrack released, adverstising campaign begins....

[b]May 2005[/b]: Episode III arrives, the final Star Wars film. [face_cry]

24. Master_Nahuatl

Master_Nahuatl Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    I feel that the Willams is correct. It would be genious to realease the last movie on the anniversary of the first release...

M.Nahuatl

25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I remember these rumors after TPM came out. It was something about digital cameras saving all this time, but that rumor turned out to be false. I'm expecting this one to end up the same way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.