main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Only TWO YEARS Until Episode Three

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by d8camjordan3, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    DarthTunick: That sounds like typical Fanbraggin' to me - I'd treat that info with suspiscion.

2. os2Kenobi

os2Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 1999
    thats not true, thats impossible.

well if it came out two years after the previous one, he'd be breaking his tradition/habit of releasing em 3 years apart. 77 80 83 99 02 05

I wonder how many people have a pin number of 7780?

3. Malkuth_Toltec

Malkuth_Toltec Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    If it comes out in 2005 it will be perfect if they start shooting this summer. They will have time to edit, do the cgi, show it to people not in the loop (people like ebert and roeper and other film critics and maybe even some fans). Then they can re-shoot, re-edit accordingly and then off to the theatres for the greatest Star Wars ever.

Ebert knows nothing. This is the man who claimed that Blue Velvet was a bad movie. If he had input on a Star Wars movie, the world would end.

Also, JW00, one small correction to your impressive schedule description,

Production: Summer 2003-Late 2003

Digital photography means that the length of time it takes to produce the print is much less. You save, on average, 3-5 hours a day, depending on the production.

We shot a short film on 16mm before Christmas and are just finishing a DV film now. Had we used DV for the 16mm shoot, it would have taken a few hours, not a few days of production. I am very pro digital photography.

ILM will start work during production also.

And I have to add, I think Episode III will not have as much CG as AOTC. The story means that there may be a few Clone War segments and the backgrounds of the various planets but the final battle will be all about the personal conflicts Anakin/Vader has.

4. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

Mercury is currently retrograde my friends.
    Communications are often confused and jumbled and misinterpreted during this time.

5. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Clones wasn't behind Ep III. They started the year after TPM came out, as will Ep III.

No, 2005 would be more likely, especially for the last one. GL and ILM will wanna take their time perfecting this one, it's the last.

6. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    three sources.....we have no confirmation yet

we can sit here and add pages of "speculation" but that wont help

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    jediguy, i have. ;)

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    After a little bit of searching, I found the TFN news article from 1999 where it was speculated that Episode II would be out in 2001, and Episode III in 2003. Here's a short quote from the article:
    Sources inside the gates of the Skywalker Way have indicated that the next installment of the saga will not be nearly as effects-driven as The Phantom Menace, while still being filled with far more than your average summer blockbuster. Other factors, like not having to have ILM remove dirt from the film, and the digital technology, will also greatly speed up the process. These would all certainly free up time, allowing the release to be moved up if desired.

Read the full article:
    Episode II in 2001?

9. Darth_Clonathe

Darth_Clonathe Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    2005 2005 2005

Its not about the technology...its the Script...
    I want this movie to be really GOOD...so I hope its 2005.
    But it is to be released May 25, 2005,
    28 years later
    or...so I've been told..

10. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    We are still talking of this as if it is an actual debate in question? ?[face_plain]

11. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    Remember the "Making Of" video when someone asked Lucas why he was shooting a scene for Episode III while on location in Tunisia? Lucas said "You'll just have to wait six years for that answer". That would have been in 2000 during production on AotC. That means Episode III won't be out until 2006!

So there you have it. That's much more "official" than ET, Samuel Jackson, or some guy you met in line waiting for AotC... [face_laugh]

12. Anvia_Fett

Anvia_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    It seems a little unlikely, seeing as May 2005 is almost set in stone... And they are probably shooting next summer, as there have been rumors everywhere of Lucas working on Indy4 this year.

13. netslave

netslave Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    well, who says that they haven't already filmed 'some' of the scenes already? all of the main players will be the same. why not? esp. if they maybe skip sometime within the movie (ya know 'three years later' kinda thing)
    I remember like in 98 when we were waiting for TPM that lucas said once that ep1 was coming out in 99, and then ep2 was coming out three years later, and after that ep3 would come out two years later. I was REALLY suprised to hear the 2005 news because I was under the impression itwas 2004 for all these years. I could almost bet it was a TF.N article back then that clued me in. I don't even wanna look for it tho. ;)

14. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I want them to take their time on this one. After all this is the last Star Wars movie. They have to make it the best it could be. Don't rush it.

15. netslave

netslave Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    just a little something I found in the TF.N archives to prove myself wrong.

Episode II in 2001?
    Fri, Aug 13, 99 09:30:01 PM EDT

So it's Friday, and you're looking for your 'Daily Dose of Star Wars,' right? Well, you've come to the right place. Before you head off for the weekend, we've stumbled across some very interesting information you've got to see. As you all know, the official release date of Episode II is May 2002. Much speculation has surrounded the date, but the official line has always been 2002.
    Recently, R confirms that and tells us that George Lucas has been seen on television interviews saying things like he was 'starting the second one now, but wished he had four years instead of three.' Releasing TPM in 1999, then SW2 and 3 in 2002 and 2005 respectively, has always been the company line since day one.

there's more to it that didn't come true, but it does state that 2005 is the date and always has been the date.

16. Bresson

Bresson Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    TOP 5 reasons Ep 3 won't be out in 2004:

1) No script yet.
    2) Natalie Portman shoots COLD MOUNTAIN this summer and returns to Harvard for another semester. Her contract forbids her to act during the school year.
    3) EVERY trilogy has taken three years between release, for good reason: the heavy effects work and that Lucas always goes back to do reshoots after he puts together a complete cut.
    4) SPIDER MAN comes out in 2004. You think they want to go up against that again?
    5) Spielberg says that INDY 4 will be out in 2005 sometime in late June, early July to, as he put it, "give George the one-two punch with Star Wars."

17. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Lucas and McCallum have always said it take 3 years to do a Star Wars movie. The scene that was alledgedly already filmed was a very minor shot to keep from going back to Tuneisa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.