main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga -Only you- An Anakin Skywalker Vignette-[Set during the events of RotS]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmpressJade, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    -Only you-

-Anakin Skywalker Vignette/Part songfic- The Saga.

TITLE: Only You, with a little part of Songfic from Delta Goodrem?s Extraordinary Day taken from the Album, Mistaken Identity
    I do not own any part pf those lyrics from that powerful song.

AUTHOR: EmpressJade
    TIMEFRAME: Set during the dark hours of RotS.
    CHARACTER: Anakin Skywalker
    GENRE: Vignette, Angst and romance
    SUMMARY: We see Anakin Skywalker wrestle with his deep emotions and that of his inner dragon,
    as he reflects memories of his life. Persuading him to make the big step in the life changing fatal decision he makes
    before he sets out to help the Chancellor in order to prevent his wife Padme?s life from hanging in the balance.

DISCALIMER: I own nothing of the wonderful SW universe of George Lucas;
    I?m basically spending this time to borrow his main character for this fic.
    But I?ll put Anakin back where he belongs soon afterward- I promise.

Note 1: This is my first-time Vignette, which is inspired by a scene in Ep III where both Anakin and Padme,
    gaze across the cityscape of Coruscant while being in The Jedi Council level in the Temple,
    and being in her apartment quarters, I did found it quite a moving scene in the film, you might find some words similar
    with the novel of the film, by Matthew Stover, I also do not own anything from the book.
    Anyway comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Note 2: With many thanks to my wonderful master Lady_WinterCelchu who kindly betas my work and for being very supportive of me.:)

As well as extra special thanks to Gina making this fantastic and lovely cover art, I owe you one![:D]

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Gina190/Jadescoverversion3.jpg]

Change, like secrets in the wind I hear the whispers Madame Butterfly,
    spread your precious wings, I watch you fly away?

?I don?t want things to change??

I do not want to change how I once used to feel.
    For all these many years gone by I find myself at my soul?s peak, I cannot breathe, I cannot think, I can?t do anything to stop it.
    I tremble as I reach the council chamber wanting to fall at my knees, to collapse under the painful burden I carry that
    grows heaver and harder, eating away the flesh of my skin. Draining my energy as well as the light from inside me.
    I stumble to a far corner of the room as if I would collapse at the strain of this great weight I carry on my shoulders, anchoring me down to the very floor, to the very centre of the planet?s core by it?s immensely gravitational pull.
    I am weary, weak also if that I were dead, my body cold and my mind in tangles.

?You can?t stop the change, no more than you can stop the suns from setting.?

These were a mother?s words, of comfort and love as I embraced her warmness since I can remember the first glimpses of my life.
    Born with the love that helped me grow to my childhood days?. I followed those dreams of my youth to fulfil a destiny
    based on reality rather than a dream.

I do not want the change to happen, as I heard your dying screams across the stars, calling me awaking me from sleep.
    I don?t want those memories of pain and suffering enter and re-enter my mind for an eternity of the galaxy?s lifespan.
    I keep telling it to stop, just like I wanted to tell my old M

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Wow, great job of going through all the conflicting thoughts that had to be going through Anakin's head, some of it even jumbled as we know it must be ince Anakin never confides his real trouble and fear to anyone, even Yoda, who knew in part but guessed the wrong person as being behind the fear.

We also know his powers of logic had been impaired by his panic, or he would have seen what we all did, that Palpatine ever the consummate liar, knowing to mix what we with what the half truths to make the ultimate lie.

Great job! =D=

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Such a poignant glimpse at the inner turmoil Anakin was facing as he made his fateful choice!

Hero with no fear, Hero of Naboo.? What do these titles matter to me now, everyone in this galaxy knows me as their Jedi saviour,
    but how can I alone save the one life in which I cannot keep with me until my time passes.

I especially liked this. It seemed to sum up Anakin's fears and frustrations so well. He could save entire worlds, but how could he save his own wife?

Lovely work! =D=

4. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    Noelie:Thanks for reading this Noelie!
    :D It did take quite a while to sum up all the conflicting emoitions in which Anakin faced during the middle of Episode III.
    I thought it would be nice to write this vignette as basically as
    an insight to how Anakin is feeling at that time with these choices
    inside his mind. I also thought I'd do this because I found that very scene in the film very moving and atmospheric as Anakin not only makes his fateful choice for saving Padme bu also his first step into coming into the Dark side. It may sound as well a bit jumbled as I had so many ideas at that time into what he is thinking.
    Glad you've come and dropped by!:)

Gina:Thanks Gina![:D] I'm glad to see you have a favorite line from this vignette, I thought you might like it, anyway thankyou very much for the lovely comment.
    I hope to hear from you again soon sometime in the boards. :)

5. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    A wonderful insight into Anakin's conflicted feelings! =D= =D=

I liked this scene too in RotS, and it's nice to have read a solid piece that spills more light to it.

I really felt for Anakin, and I wanted to yell :"Stupid, Ani! Don't go!"

Amazing work! =D=

CrazyAni

6. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    CrazyAni:Thankyou very much CrazyAni![:D]
    I'm happy to see you've liked it. And thankyou for the lovely comment.:)
    It's good to see someone who has also found the scene quite moving and atmospheric.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Absolutely lovely! [face_love]

I know Obi-wan will not forgive me for what I am about to do; yet in this battle I face with only my demons to accompany me
    tell me that my ?so-called? Jedi friends had not heard your hidden cries of anguish, of my inner struggle nor had they
    helped you with what you wanted
    to learn. The Jedi did not listen to me and they had failed also.
    No matter what will happen next I will stand by her as long as it takes a lifetime, for our child to grow, to determine our fate as husband
    and wife bound together by our vows of trust.

What I am going to now would violate any code of conduct the Jedi order holds; I am going to do this my love.
    I am doing this for you.

Wonderful! =D=

8. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    VaderLVR64:
    Absolutely lovely! Glad you think so.:)
    Thanks for the kind and lovely comments Vadey,and for reading this vignette in your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.