main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Only You ::J/TK-J/Z:: update 6/17! surprises inside!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ra_Skywalker420, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ra_Skywalker420

Ra_Skywalker420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2003
  2. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    Hey guys! Guess what! new post soon! sneek peek-

The child in her head taunted her. ?You can?t see him?I took him away. He?s mine?you?ll have to fight me for him??

?What can you do to me? I?m in your head?? She told her. ?This is a game, Tenel Ka, and I?m winning.?

There. There is your sneek peek. I will post really soon!

-Skywalker

3. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    Rain is fun- floods are not. we have decided that the southeast will be the newest addition to the great lakes. good thing- school might be cancelled tomorrow so i can work more on this! yay! sorry bout the delay!

4. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Wonderful Ra!!!!

But.....

I HATE SNEEK PEEKS!!!!!

THEY DRIVE ME NUTS!!!!!

Okay, I'll be patient. ;)

5. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    ::stares blankly:: Jaid... you... patient... I never thought I'd see the day.

~jacesolo1138~

6. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
  7. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    New post!!

Chapter 4

Tenel Ka stood from the bed, her eyes blank, and her face pale. Horrific images flashed throughout her mind. The child in her head taunted her. ?You can?t see him?I took him away. He?s mine?you?ll have to fight me for him?? Tenel Ka shook her head, trying to get rid of the images, but they didn?t leave. They kept flashing, and she kept talking.

Jacen was extremely worried. He sprang from the bed to catch Tenel Ka before she collapsed. He held her body close to his, whispering loudly into her ears, ?What?s wrong, Tenel Ka? Tell me!? Tenel Ka couldn?t talk. ?Please, Tenel Ka, tell me what?s going on.? She began shaking violently. ?Tenel Ka!?

?No! Let me go! I cannot be around you, you only make it worse!? Tenel Ka screamed involuntarily. She tried to wrench herself out of his grip. Jacen only held her tighter.

?Make what worse?? He asked.

?She hates me?and she?s using you for my pain!? Tenel Ka yelled. She pushed him away from her, slamming him into the wall. She ran out the door and tore down the hallway, tears streaming down her face.

Jacen?s heart ripped in half. His stomach knotted and he couldn?t breathe. ?What happened?? He thought, angry and confused. He didn?t know, but he was going to find out.

-----

?Why?d you run away?? She asked.

?Because he made the feeling worse.? Tenel Ka explained.

?He loves you.? She said.

?Stop. You are mocking me again.? Tenel Ka replied, frustrated.

?He wants you.? She teased.

?I am warning you.? Tenel Ka threatened.

?What can you do to me? I?m in your head?? She told her. ?This is a game, Tenel Ka, and I?m winning.?

Tenel Ka was sitting on her bed, looking down at the floor. She could feel the anger burn in her chest. She ignored it, suppressing the feeling. Just as the child in her head began to laugh, Tenel Ka spoke up. ?Maybe?? She doubtingly said, with a slight smirk on her face.

Tenel Ka walked to the door, opening it slowly. She began to step out, but, having been looking at the floor, she noticed a pair of familiar feet. She looked up, sharply, and saw Jacen standing in front of her. ?Will you talk to me now, my love?? Jacen asked calmly. Tenel Ka stared him hard in his eyes. They gleamed with compassion. She grabbed his hand and led him over to the bed, where she sat down. He sat beside her, and asked her again, ?Tell me??

Tenel Ka let out a loud sigh. ?Jacen, this is something I have kept hidden, even from myself. I have never wanted to believe this is true, but it is, and it is a fierce reality to face. However, I knew that sooner or later I would have to. So now I do. Years ago, I was seven; I had a choice to make. I could have stayed with my family, and grow up to be queen someday. On the other hand, I had the option of leaving with a group of young friends to go to a nearby planet and get involved with trading and things like that. They both were very tempting to me at that age- to be powerful, or to be free. I wrestled with this for weeks; I stayed in my room, fighting with myself over this decision. I soon formed two different people. They fought constantly. The only way I knew to stop this madness was to make a decision and get rid of one of them. I eventually returned to the people who had given me such offers, and told them my choice. I chose to stay with my family and become queen. I went with the peaceful, promising choice, though it was not really what I wanted. I would have much rather run off with my friends, but I knew there was nothing to gain. The second self had left, and all was fine. Or so I thought. She is back, and she is jealous. I am the Queen of Hapes, but that is not what she wanted me to be. She was that half that wanted to go with my friends, to be my own person. I pushed her back in the shadows, but she has been there too long and she has fought her way out. I am doing my best to control her, but she is taunting me. She will do anything she can to destroy me. She is telling me that??

Tenel Ka paused, not really wanting to say what she needed to. Jacen pushed her on.

?

8. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Whoa, Tenel Ka has a dual identity problem? :eek: Let's hope that she doesn't pull a Cloud on us... :p (FF7 gamers will understand this reference ;))

Mwahahaha, Zekk is showing Jaina the ropes, eh? ;)

Very nicely written so far, Rache. :) I'll be checking back for updates! :D

9. jacesolo1138

Jan 27, 2002
    Rach, you have officially scared the living piss out of me. Thank you.

Hehe, yeah, it seems like she is pulling a Cloud on us. Lol.

~jacesolo1138~

10. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    thanks guys! just wait--it gets better!

11. jacesolo1138

Jan 27, 2002
    Better... by that do you mean TK gets even more freaky?

~jacesolo1138~

12. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    :) yes---but i cant tell you exactly what happens, just be prepared- you have been warned

13. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    want the next chapter? i have it ready.... [face_mischief]

14. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    POOOST IT! POOOST IT! POOOST IT!!

:D

15. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    OK OK!! HERE!

Chapter 5

?So he knows now?? She said

?Yes, he does.? Tenel Ka said, with light annoyance in her voice.

She was lost in a fitful dream. She was sitting face to face with the girl in her head. She had a clear picture of her. She was small, but she had the same fiery red hair she has always had. Her gray eyes had a glint of fire within them that made Tenel Ka uneasy. She studied her, concentrating on the things that were different- the things that would have been.

?Do you want to see what you could have been?? She asked.

?No. It is not who I am now, so why should I?? Tenel Ka snorted.

?You?re right?there?s no point. It was stupid of me to suggest it.?

She stood up from where she was sitting. Her chair fell backwards. Tenel Ka stared confusedly at her. Her eyes had gone black, and her face had gone pale. Her image began to disappear. ?Had this all been that easy?? She thought to herself. She stood, setting the chair back up, the one that she?that her younger self? had knocked over earlier. She lifted her head up to walk out of the door, but before she could take a step, two gray eyes appeared before her. They met perfectly with her height. The body attached to the eyes began to materialize, and Tenel Ka swallowed nervously. Once the entire image had appeared, it took Tenel Ka a moment to realize who it was. She stepped backwards to examine the image fully. The image was clearly a woman. She was Tenel Ka?s height, and had the same eyes. Her flaming hair was not braided as Tenel Ka?s was; instead it was pulled back into a thick ponytail. She had a blaster hanging at her hip from a thick belt. She was dressed in clothes that Tenel Ka had seen Han Solo, Jacen?s father, wear in old holos. She backed up farther, trying to get away from the image. She knew it wasn?t real- but it scared her.

?I told you I did not want to see it!? Tenel Ka screamed at the air.

The image did not move, but a voice emanated from it. A voice so different, so thick, so rich that sent chills down Tenel Ka?s back.

?Since when did I have to listen to you? You never listened to me.?

Tenel Ka was shocked. ?I had no choice! I was expected to be queen; if had any other choice, I would have taken it. Do not toy with me. It really wasn?t my choice?? Tenel Ka said honestly.

She couldn?t take her eyes off of the image in front of her. It was scary- but beautiful. Maybe not in and attractive sense, but it was really what she could have been, and that terrified her. She had stopped backing up, for she had been enchanted by the image. However it neither troubled her nor did it pull her in. She heard the voice emanate from the image again.

?See? You could have been this.?

?What would I have gained?? Tenel Ka asked.

?Freedom, the freedom to run your own life.? Was the answer.

?I would be living in a constant terror for my life- and should I get caught, the question of whether or not I would be free would no longer exist.? Tenel Ka stated.

?Yes- but that?s the whole thrill of it all.?

?Why do you care anymore? I can?t change it. I am what I am, the queen, and I can?t turn away from it all now.?

---

Jacen couldn?t sleep. He had begun to experience a glimpse of the terror Tenel Ka had been feeling. He felt her body shifting in her sleep; he knew she was having a dream that did not help to ease her thoughts. He felt her breathing, felt her breath against his bare chest. His eyes fell to her lips. The lips he had kissed, the lips that formed the words he had forever wanted to hear. Her eyes squeezed tighter together, and her lips formed into a frown. He pulled her closer to his body, doing all he could to comfort her. He knew that there was nothing much he could do, but he tried.

---

?Why can?t you leave me alone?? Tenel Ka begged.

?It?s not that easy. I came back to avenge myself, not to show you what you could have been.?

?What do you want from me??

?I want you know what it feels like to be shut out and forgotten.?

?Why are you doing this to me? It was not my choice- I

16. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    O_O

Looks like Tenel Ka's alter ego is bent on making her life a misery!

Her taunting must really wear on Tenel Ka, since in a sense it's basically what she had wanted to become at one point in her life. :(

I hope she doesn't end up hurting Jacen without wanting to, though...

Very well written, Rach! :)

17. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    thanks greg

i have a really cool idea for a future chapter, but i'm gunna have to build up to it...tehe

i'll have a post up soon, hopefully- if i survive exams...

18. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    That's just creepy...Tenel Ka isn't going to hurt Jacen, is she?

19. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    ::closes mouth:: nothin shall i say until i can get it written- dont worry- it's all gunna be ok...well...eventually...

20. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

whoo *wipes forehead* i just caught up. Darned internet problems don't give me much time to review like i used to. I feel bad for Tenel, Darn alter ego's giving her hassle. And those are the hardest things to get rid of, cause you can't shoot them, they don't exist anywhere but in your head. Poor jacen, i don't think this is gonna be too easy for him. Great Story!

21. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    :D [face_mischief] This is gunna be fun!! ::sits at computer at starts writing:: tehe...

22. Ra_Skywalker420

Mar 11, 2003
    Chapter 6

?Jaina, wake up.? A quiet voice sounded in Jaina?s head. She opened her eyes to see Zekk staring at her. ?You were having a bad dream.? He said. He picked her arm up, showing her where she had dug her nails into it. Jaina?s head relaxed into her pillow. She smiled at Zekk.

?I did have a bad dream?? She said, almost to herself. ?It was about Jacen. He was walking away from me. Tenel Ka was there. She stood with her back to him. Just before Jacen was out of sight, a blinding flash appeared and he was gone?I don?t know what it meant??

She looked around her, as if trying to find the answer. Zekk pulled her into a hug. ?It?s ok. I?m sure it was nothing.?

?Yeah?? Jaina sighed, wanting to believe him, but she couldn?t shake the feeling off, something bad was going to happen- no matter what she thought.

Jacen, Tenel Ka, Jaina, Zekk and Lowie walked towards Luke, who was going to tell them their missions.

?Jaina- you are to fly an x-wing, as well as Tenel Ka, in order to create a diversion from the army.? Tenel Ka stared at Luke. She hadn?t the slightest clue how to pilot an x-wing. She looked at Jacen, who she knew could fly better than she ever could.

?Why me?? Tenel Ka asked.

?I need Jacen to go with Zekk and me, we have a mission of our own to undertake. Jaina will guide you in piloting the ship.? Luke promised. He explained the rest of their part of the mission, and told them to get prepare the ships.

Tenel Ka caught Jacen?s eyes staring at her. Her heart burned, as if someone was holding it over an open fire. ?I will see you again?? She thought to herself.

Tenel Ka followed Jaina through the hangar towards the two x-wings waiting for them. She was handed a flight suit, just like the ones they used to wear when they were training there. Tenel Ka changed into the suit, and hopped into the cockpit of the x-wing. She turned her communicator on, listening intently to Jaina?s instructions so as not to miss a detail. The ships were soon fired up and, one after the other, they blasted out of the hangar. They were soon headed out of the atmosphere of the small moon and headed in the direction of the army.

?You set this up, didn?t you?? Tenel Ka accused.

?So what if I did?? She replied.
    ?You know I cannot fly this thing! You are going to get me killed out there.?

?Maybe.?

Tenel Ka closed her eyes, trying not to think of the one person that was occupying her mind. It hurt to think of him, because she felt that she would never see him again.

?Tenel Ka? Are you ok?? Jaina?s voice came over the communicator.

?What? Oh?yes. I am fine. How long until we get there??

?Just a few standard hours. This shouldn?t be too bad.? Jaina said. Tenel Ka didn?t like the daring tone in her voice. It meant that she was planning on danger, whether it is already in waiting or if she was going to create it on her own.

Tenel Ka tried to stretch out, but the small cockpit restrained her from moving very well. She kept thinking of Jacen, about how scared she was for him, about how badly she wished he had been in the cockpit instead of her, about how much she loved him.

Like Jaina said, they came upon the Vong army after about three hours of their flight. ?Are you ready Tenel Ka?? Jaina asked.

Tenel Ka swallowed hard, and managed to mutter a small ?yes.?

?Luke, we?re here. Ready when you are.? Jaina said, boldly. Tenel Ka noticed three smaller ships flying up closer behind them.

?On your mark.? Luke told her.

?Let?s go.? Jaina addressed Tenel Ka in a low voice.

Jaina?s x-wing sped up, followed by Tenel Ka?s. Jaina held her finger on the triggers, flying fast towards the army. ?Tenel Ka, go straight! I?m going around, just shoot the bad guys.? Jaina said, hastily.

?I do not know what I am doing?? She said to herself.

?I do.?

That was it. Tenel Ka?s other side knew everything about flying ships and fighting enemies. ?Fine, you do it; just this once. If I let you do this, will you leave me alone??

There was no reply for a while. Suddenly, there

23. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Never trust an evil alter ego!

24. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, I missed a few posts! This keeps getting cooler!
    Nasty alter-ego, just has to try and ruin everything...

Keep going! :D

25. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    [Luke_voice] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! [/Luke_voice]

8-}

EJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.