main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Ontario driving licence:

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by intouch, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intouch

intouch Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2004
    I have a G1 driving licence in ontario. I know that i will have to wait for a period of 8 or 12 months before i can take my first road test. Someone told me recently that if I can prove to the ministry of transport that I need a driving licence for my job that I can take the road test ahead of time! Is there anyone in here that could maybe give me some advise on this topic??? It would make a huge difference to my pay check if I could drive.............

Thanks to anyone that might be of any help on this topic, I hope to hear from you soon.

Steve.

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I've never heard of that before, I don't think there is anyway that they can "acclerate" you Drivers License for Circumstances like that

My Understanding of the Graded License system is

G1-You can get this anytime *after* you turn 16 (My Brother got his a few days ago)

Then, You have to wait 12 months to try for your G2

*But* if you go to a driving school, Such as Young drivers, Not only do you get a deduction from your Car Insurance, you can go for your G2 after only 8 months.

Then, after you get your G2 and can drive un-accopinied and on the 400 series Highways.

Then you have to go for your Final G within 5 years or else you have to start all over again.

Thats just my understanding that there are no special clauses where you can get your G2 earlier, If I were you I would call your Local DMV just to double check :)

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I've never heard of that before either :S One thing I wanted to add to what Cow_Girl said though. The 5 years you have to get your G license is from the time you get your G1, not your G2. I know that has caught many people including me by surprise.

4. not_4_a_sith

not_4_a_sith Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2004
    i have never heard of that either but the wait is a pain in the ass, i know. so the only advice i can give is get your m1 and buy a cheap motercycle for the remainder of the summer/fall cuz you can ride right away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.