main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by KEDA, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uriana

Uriana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Well, those are always the best kind of quotes. ;)

2. Master_Eli

Master_Eli Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2002
    Well if this meeting thing is goign to go down dosen't someone thing that a date should be picked sometiem soon?

3. KEDA

KEDA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    the day of the Expo befor it starts..about 3pm

4. Master_Eli

Jun 24, 2002
    Where abouts? Like I am sure none of us(unless some of you met already) are going to be able to tell any of us form the other faces in the crowd

5. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    i'm not that shere...any ideas

6. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    You might want to meet off the Expo grounds and go together (Ah, the beauty of the TTC...) It's Toronto, there are so many places you could meet. I guess it all depends on who can get where. I know the city well enough, although maybe you should talk to someone on the Fanforce Toronto board? They could probably help you. Hell, they might even want to join.

7. Master_Eli

Jun 24, 2002
    LOL oh man getting around TO has always been a nightmare for me. I live in a city where the streets are numbered. So if your lost you can use logic to find your way back. But in Toronto it's horible. But if we do meet we'll have to do it in a place that eveyone know's about and can get to. Not like Tim Horton's on Younge St. Which I am sure there are 1,000,000 of them on that street.

If I remember Sky Dome and the CN tower aren't close. Ummmmmmm.........Maybe old exabition stadum? Like gate one or somethign like that. That is if it's still standing.

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Are you talking about the CNE or Sci-Fi Expo? They are two totally different events.

9. Master_Eli

Jun 24, 2002
    You know what your probably right! LOL a get confused a little too easy.

SO then where is the Expo then?

10. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    August 23-25

the CN tower sound good....

11. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    [color=3737AF]Hm. What side of the CN Tower? o_O Ah. The CN Tower.... How I miss that place.. :/[/color]

12. Master_Eli

Jun 24, 2002
    Oh man why the hell is TO so big? We could all meet just inside the tower. Like just at the front where you buy your tickets to go up.

13. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    we 'could' meet at the top at the glass floor

14. Master_Eli

Jun 24, 2002
    LOL well who's going to hold the big sign "Star war geeks here!!"?

15. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    You could meet at the glass floor, buuuuuut it'll cost you around $20 to get up there. I don't know... d'you think it'd be worth it? (My answer: YES YES YES! - but then, the CN Tower is my favourite place in the whole world to be)

16. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Well if you want to have a get together at SciFi Expo here is my suggestion:

Set it up for Saturday. The majority of people are only going for one day, and it will be then.

A large group from Young Jedi Niagara came up last year, and even won in the masquerade! Another large group from Toronto Long Line was there, but they were split between those that wanted to go to SFX and those that went for food.

What the Toronto people do is have a get together at The Old Spaghetti Factory nearby on Saturday evening. That is the best way to meet everyone for sure.

For those that want to meet the attendees before food, set a designated meeting spot and time in the lobby of the convention centre. YJN members will be in Star Wars costumes, you should be able to spot the largish group all standing around and talking with each other at the designated time and place.

Here is a bonus. If you see someone in a Star Wars costume, and it turns out they aren't from the message boards, it doesn't matter. You can still talk with them, and let them know about here, and how great it is to meet other fans!

I also suggest you visit the Toronto and Niagara forums, and post a message about SFX in there. Both forums will have their own ***official*** threads a few weeks before, where details will be worked out.

17. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    thats a good idea...lets meet at a restront for food on saturday the go to the expo

18. Master_Eli

Jun 24, 2002
    It is a good idea, BUT dose everyone know where the Foctory is though? That's what I am saying.

19. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm, well between the Niagara and Toronto people there will probably be over 30 people!!

I think finding a crowd of 30 people Saturday evening will be pretty easy, especially in a pre-designated spot, like the front lobby.

20. Master_Eli

Jun 24, 2002
    I still think that someone should have a huge Star Wars Geeks here sign. Maybe flaming that always seem to draw people

21. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey you guys are going to that? Cool. My buds are going for the comic end.

Nifty

22. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    a huge Star Wars Geeks here sign, i think i could do that.....

23. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    I will proboly not be going...
    by 'friends' have changed there minds not to go so i can't(no ride know and can't go by my self)
    so sorry i can't be there
    have fun....unless you can preform mericals

24. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Are we having a Star Wars geek gathering? Sounds like fun.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.