main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference OOC I'm Stuck

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by IcePirate, Dec 12, 2014.

1. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Time setting: rebellion era.

So, I'm creating a campaign. The party has escaped prison on a planet, of my creation, the ship they did it on was damaged and they had to use the escape pod as the ship fell into a star. (They got hit by a small asteroid as they were jumping to hyperspace --- hyperdrive was not damaged, but thrusters were. when they exited hyperspace, they were being pulled into a star). After a months(?) drifting in space, they were rescued by a passing starliner and taken to a hospital on Ammuund. As they recover, they find the hospital wanting to know how they plan on paying for the services. Also, the local BoSS authorities are wanting to know the location of the rest of the ship so BoSS can do their jobs accordingly.

(*note: while adrift/sublighting in space, they float past an ancient space battlefield that includes a Krath ship. this looks to be unscavenged).

Doing so could cause an investigation that sends them back to jail. The party has no money, no supplies, and no resources at this point. If they pull the whole trope on "this team member is a wanted criminal. Arrest him and give us the bounty" and then break him out of jail routine, then they will all get arrested and sent back to prison.

There are likely bounties on their heads for escaping prison, so they need to keep a low profile. They also need to get off planet and head to a location in Wild Space.

So here's where I'm stuck. What options can I give them to get out of the hospital, out of the scrutiny of BoSS, and off planet, when they have nothing?

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You are stuck.

Basically, your people are getting endentured(?). Sort of working for the hospital till they pay of their debt.

Film-wise, several of Jabba's staff, and Lobot were endentured.

This could be bad. Lobot got that computer band round his head so that he was in service to the City. Part of the endenturing process. Getting that thing was not his idea!

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah getting turned into a Lobot basically trashes your emotional brain and slowly degrades your higher functions as you merge with the machine. Not a pretty way to live the rest of your life.

Only option I see hanging is if they sneak out and steal a ship, but that is tremendously easier said then done. Or one could gamble their life as a stake in a game of chance, win and bills are paid, loose and lobotomy time to serve the city, BoSS or third party willing to buy them. (That would be another option, try to sell themselves to a third party with the knowledge of the ship as their freedom bargaining chip back out of slavery.)

4. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    also.... the captain of the starliner may or may not have actually been a pirate in disguise... so maybe they get indentured to him?

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Only if the Captain paid for the treatment.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I agree, it is a sticky wicket.

Though...Im guessing said folks were rather unconscious when they were brought in... (Otherwise, they would have jumped the folks who rescued them, and took off with that ship.

Someone could have stepped up then, and offered to pay for their treatment. Or maybe simply check them out. Perhaps, they needed some volunteers for a special 'assignment'. While the group was getting treatment, he could secretly find out who they are. And when they wake up, he could show up, just in the nick of time to 'save' them, offering to pay the bill. Of course, when the time is right, he lets them know that he know EXACTALY who and what they are, and unless they want to find themselves back in jail, that they help him with his little problem. And you could choose various ways to make sure that they dont welch out on him... Those I'll leave up to you. [face_devil]

They could also try to simply run away, while still in the hospital, before they are fully healed, depending on their injuries.

It is already assumed that they will have NO weapons, or any personal items of any type, so they have nothing to work with. So unless they want to say hidden on the far side of the planet, they dont have many choices. They could try to split up and get off, but it is most likely that once they disappear, every commercial ship will be searched. And perhaps even a few private ones as well. Hmm.. Does amnesia get you out of paying? LOL. Course then, they would HAVE to run an id search on you, and that would be bad. Oh well. ;)

Course you could have a ship hidden someplace that they might be able to get to, in order to escape. But of course, that person would be VERY unhappy at being so inconvenienced, so I guess there would be consequences there as well...

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    They could find a military recruitment office of some type, and sign up.

Also, you have not told us anything about your party.

Is there jelly and ice cream? Are any of them Rebels? If any of them are, perhaps they can find an Alliance' safe house, or a cell on the planet.