JCC [OOTS]You suck, Monty

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quixotic-Sith, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You posted a reference to Order of the Stick, and I've been up until 2:30 AM the past two nights getting caught up on the strips when I should be being productive.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots.html
  2. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    *fixed*
  3. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Addictive is it not?

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/oots/images//5/58/Belkar.PNG]

So what will you tell your students when their papers are not graded?

BELKAR

(Montie, btw Quicks)
  4. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I figured Monty would get your attention. ;)

And I don't have to tell them anything; as a member of the liberal elite brainwashing squad, I'm unaccountable. :D
  5. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    You should get an OOTS t-shirt and wear it when you tell them you are unaccountable.
  6. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
  7. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    No...

You! Suck Monty.

...parody thread yet? Disappointing.
  8. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm not good at the parodies, Japes. :(

Will you teach me in the ways of the Parody? Or I am too old to begin the training?
  9. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  10. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You, sir, are not a sexy, shoeless god of war.
  11. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Excuse me, I think ye gave me the wrong mug. I ordered a beer, an' this seems ta be a tankard o' moose urine.

:p
  12. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    "I have an idea. It begins with 'S' and ends with, 'litting their throats'."
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    "turns out it's not a good idea to give heightened intelligence to an animal who is literally hung a bear."

:snoopy
  14. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    The Order Of The Stick VS The Fellowship of the Ring

1) Roy Greenhilt vs Aragorn on a completely flat plain, they start out 5 feet from each other.
    2) Vaarsuvius vs Gandalf on a completely flat plain, they start out 20 feet from each other.
    3) Durkon vs Gimli on a completely flat plain, they start out 5 feet from each other.
    4) Haley Starshine vs Legolas in a thick forest, they start out 1 mile from each other (but do have knowledge that the other is in there and that they must fight).
    5) Elan vs Boromir on a completely flat plain, they start out 5 feet from each other.
    6) Belkar vs all four hobbits on a completely flat plain, they start out 10 feet from each other.
    And a couple extras...
    7) Hinjo vs Faramir on a completely flat plain, they start out 10 feet from each other.
    Xykon vs Saruman, they start out on a completely flat plain 20 feet from each other.

I have not read through the whole thing buut thought it might make for interesting reading.
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    some of their assumptions are rather... sad.

damn, i feel like a geek.

:snoopy
  16. petmytauntaun Force Ghost

star 3
    Since stumbling across this thread the other day, I have spent almost every spare moment online reading the OotS story from the beginning. It is now my favorite web-comic.

I've enjoyed it so much I think I'm even going to order the print copies so I can read the prequels to the first strip.

[Elan/] Wooooo! I'm invisible! [Elan] <--- Most I've laughed at a comic. Ever.
  17. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't want to get banned that badly. :p
  18. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    I started reading it too, although I'm disciplined and have only read 50 since the thread was posted.
  19. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "My last breath... is also my mintiest..."

:D
  20. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I was reading it before it became cool. I win the nerd olympics!
  21. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I kick myself for not bookmarking it now, but there was one where the characters were drawn in a serious fashion. Elan was this super dashing Brad Pitt guy, Haley was a hot red head and such. I cannot seem tot recall the others.
  22. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9

Isn't '616' supposed to be the newly recalculayed number of the beast?

Yeah, and I'm gonna drop a house on you and sing about how I represent the Lollipop Guild. C'mon, let's keep our threats realistic shall we?

23. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There are some like that on the extras page.
  24. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    On that note I did somne digging and found one. 339

Now that is Nale on the left at the bottom. I saw this and second guessed myself that maybe I thought this was all of it but I recall not only Elan but Haley as well and they were in color. I am kicking myself.
  25. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    A Treebeard quote takes on a whole new meaning.

Is it odd that I have never played D&D but I understand the battle phrases such as 'sneak attack' and '5 foot steps' and so forth? As a young one I happened upon the Monster Manual for AD&D not knowing it was a game until I saw an advert. After that I got my hands on the Player's Handbook and the MM2 and subscribed to Dragon magazine. I like the lore of the game but I have never sat down and played a D&D game with people. I have played other rpg such as Marvel, DC, and Traveler 2300, but these were short lived.