main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [OOTS]You suck, Monty

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quixotic-Sith, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Obviously you haven't spent a great deal of time on sites related to role playing game rules.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think I can say he actually did follow the rules even if he didn't mean or care to. The spell description for force cage says it resists Dispel magic but not Anti Magic Field. A Wall of Force can resist and Anti Magic Field, but the entry for Anti Magic Field says that too but does not mention Force Cage. Now, an Anti Magic spell doe snot negate magic but suppresses it. But since the rules do not dirctly say a Force Cage is unaffected then the Force Cage should be suppressed, the dragon escapes(Ancient female by the dialogue btw), and later when its Anti Magic Field stops the Force cage is still there but empty.

:-B :-B :-B

As in him/her as in hermaphrodyte? Noooooooooooo...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    WHA WHA WHAAAAAAAT?!

"...now I will kill your ********."

So, perhaps this means we will see V's mate soon? Shall we finally learn what V has down there? Where did the imp go?

4. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Are you kidding me? The Giant has a character with a trait that generates this much conversation, it's free advertising everytime anyone picks up the topic. He's not revealing anything. My bet is V's mate is also a robe wearing elf and also an androgynous hir.

5. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Seconded.

6. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Heh. V's kids call him 'Other Parent'.

Also, Elves make pasta?

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Note that not only is the Parent also gender unknown but the kids are not the same color as their parents. So either there is an eleven recessive gene or Parent and Other Parent are the same sex and the kids are adopted.

However, I did notice one lil thing that says Parent is male. The pants "he" is wearing are squared off which just has mor eof a male appearance.

The kids are all mixed up. One looks like they are wearing more female clothes but thanks to short green hair looks more male, and the other with longer closer to V color hair with more male looking clothes.

"Translated from elven", lol.

As I looked over the thread at their forums I find this:

V's mate looks definitively male to me, judging on the torso visible behind the apron. It's a straight-lined square, which is the torso design of males.

So either V is female or Elves are open to same-sex relationships.

Also, like the V shape that symbolizes female we refer to her as V.

Anyway, perhaps now he/she will have to turn to the imp after all. Make a deal with a devil to save your kids?

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This is Belkar in issue 177 where he does not know enough about lizard anatomy to determine of the shaped changed V is male or female

This is V's evil counterpart being show as clearly male which is not to say that V is male but that the counterpart trope is that V is undetermined where the evil counterpart is determined.

This is OOTS at the tropes website.

I clicked on the 'Heroric Sociopath' link and what do we see?

[image=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/1177814070_s.jpg]

One more thing to note, in this there is a graph of how evil Belkar could have been without Greenhilt's inlfuence. Shown in comparison is the offspring of Sauron and Cruella de Ville.

9. Vincent-Kenobi

Vincent-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 4, 2008
    Not to mention his evilness is measured in terms of kilonazis.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh that's just dumb that the pic above isn't there. Here is what it is:

[image=http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/KnifeToTheSoul/1177814070_s.jpg]

OOTS 630

My mate? MY MATE?!? My mate is an apprentice baker you moron!!

Nice nod to LOTR. lol. I deam this the official OOTS thread. So it is written.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

'Adpoted progeny'. The imp refers to V as "Mr elf sir" but I don't see that as a definite. Or it could be the reveal done in anti-climatic fashion.

The OOTS forum brought up that this is not a deus ex machina because it was all forshadowed but also it would really be devil ex machina if V sells his/her soul.

V seems more concerned about the winning and losing, success or fail of this whole thing rather than the lives at stake. The prophecy is coming true, for words "I cannot fail again", to the right person at the right time for the wrong reasons.

The envelope is hilarious. The address notes the 9th level of Hell, so it is coming right from the top(er...bottom). I have no idea what IFCC stands for though one guess was "Infernal Faustian Contract Corporation?"

I think the imp is not as innocent about his station as he acts. V is being conned here and making it easy on the devils. The darkside beckons!

12. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this particular character arc is resolved. :D

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I think it could be very interesting if V fails and or goes evil, possibly mildly insane. As this is all so open ended he has all the room needed to have V leave the party and get replaced.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I have to think that this guy would be a fun DM to play D&D with.

632 UP

Can you spot the alignment of the 3 fiends?

IFCC stands for Inter-Fiend Cooperation Commission. Devils, demons and daemons working together. Great. clever, and original, I love this comic. It just occured to me how timely this is given the collapse of our countrie's abilities to give/recieve credit/loans...

15. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    You two SUCK!

I've been reading these for like two nights straight...And now I'm left on a cliffhanger!

But they are pretty hilarious, I've been laughing almost the whole time. Why the hell is Roy still dead? He has been dead for like 100-200 comics now come on let the dude res!

Now, I'm gonna catch up on some sleep I messed because of these.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    You really don't have to worry much about highlighting for spoilers, just don't be overly descriptive. I wonder what they do to keep Roy's corpse from smelling so bad, he has been dead for months.

17. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Roy's body is a golem now, isn't he?

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I forgot about that.

As a golem
    Unfortunately, Celia, in a desperate attempt to get him resurrected, took his skeleton to Hieronymus Grubwiggler, a sorcerer specializing in animating golems. Grubwiggler successfully transformed Roy into a bone golem. Celia, Haley and Belkar escaped the sorcerer, but left Roy behind. When leaving the castle, Belkar shook one of Roy's boots and a rattling sound was heard, suggesting that perhaps a bone fragment remained inside, which would be sufficient for a resurrection spell to bring Roy back to life.

IT IS ALIVE!

19. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    They got that um tree of minty freshness. :p

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    #633 Where do you see yourself in 5 million years?

The last 2 panels are gold.

As with such infernal contracts the proverbial devil is in the proverbial details. They do not say when they can take control leaving the door open for taking over at a time that will really wreck the OOTS in a major battle. Also, as pointed out by people on the forums there, they could take control and take over the next gate. Also, there is nothing stopping any of them from casting change alignment spells whilst V is under control. V needs to ask what they will do with his/her soul for the time periods.

Have a look at entry #380.

21. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    That fine print can be a *****.

22. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    But will hir be smart enough to keep ahead of this?
    I can't wait to find out.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    634 The Wrong Reasons

Don't click that link! I suggest after you click it that you slowly scroll down as as not to ruin such an awesome moment. Ok, go ahead, click it.

Best line: "We totally cribbed this idea from 'The Matrix'."

Note to self: If I ever find myself in a functional fantasy world I will leave the ego back on Earth.

25. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Okay, so I'll now predict that V will go all Cipher on the rest of the band now.

Just to keep up the Matrix theme.