main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Open call for officers

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    We have some vacancies for a couple of officer positions. As everyone will see when Red posts the meeting notes (no rush... :D ), Michael didn't want to resume his position as Webmaster this year. So, right now, the position is vacant. So, I'm opening the floor for volunteers to fill this position. The Webmaster's duties are obvious (taking care of the Website). The person doesn't have to be a Web design expert, but they should be able to at least use a design program to create and maintain a standard Webpage. They should also have enough time to update the site regularly. Currently, our site resides on Michael's own site (Epic Plastic), where it'll remain for the immediate future. However, we may end up moving it at some point in the future.

Also, as some of you are already aware, Red will be moving to Cincinnati in March. She was reelected as Secretary/Treasurer, but obviously won't be able to perform her duties after she moves. So, I'm also looking for volunteers to take over this position from March until the end of the calendar year. The main responsibility of the Secretary/Treasurer is to take notes at each GM, and also post those notes on the boards. This person is also our de facto vice-president, being the only person other than the President/CR who may chair a GM or conduct business at any other meeting or event (either the President/CR or the Secretary/Treasurer must be present to conduct official business). Because of this position's requirements, anyone interested in it should be able to regularly attend the GMs. Right now, the Secretary/Treasurer has no Treasurer duties, because we do not handle money as a club. However, should money-handling ever become necessary, the Secretary/Treasurer is the one who's designated to handle it.

As for me, I'm not going anywhere, at least until Jessica Alba asks me to move to LA and marry her. :)

Of course, I'm not the Emperor, and I can't appoint anyone to these positions--anyone standing for them must be formally nominated and elected, either at a GM, or possibly on the boards. For any more info, see the Bylaws.

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Red should not be allowed to leave.

3. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Yes...Red must NOT leave. Quick get some electrocuff restraints. We'll keep her here forever and ever. HEH-HEH-HEH...

[face_skull]

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Or, we can get the electrocuff restraints as a going-away present :p

5. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Stacky, you read my mind! ;) *giggle*

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Thought that'd be of interest :p

7. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Last call for volunteers. If I don't get anyone, I'm going to start asking people!

[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.