main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Open Casting Call

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by VinDyr01, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinDyr01

VinDyr01 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    This is to let you guys know that there will be a SW Fan Film starting production in a few months time, in Honolulu. In an effort to conserve costs, the director of the film has asked me to inform the local SW Fan Community that there will be an audition to fill some extra and speaking roles that are still available. Acting experience is recommended, but not required.

However, the director has instructed me to forward that due to the limited (I'm talking limited) budget for the production, actors will not receive any monetary compensation.

If you are interested, stay tuned to this thread for more information, or you can contact the director via e-mail at:

Terris00@aol.com

Thank you for your kind attention.

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Thank you for the offer. Please PM me when you have more informaton. I'm sure we all just want to be a part of the sw experience.

mac

3. soopatroopa

soopatroopa Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2002
    cool, will definately keep an eye on this one.

4. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    soopa, would you please let Flo and the rest of the 501st know? In fact, let the rest of the 501st know about our forum, so they'll register here, and post, too. I'm trying to reach Erik on this. One of my people just had jaw surgery last month, so not sure if she'll be up to it yet, but her kids are, I'm sure.

5. soopatroopa

Nov 22, 2002
  6. VinDyr01

VinDyr01 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey, it's me again. I just wanted to pass on some more approved information about the upcoming SW Fan Production in Honolulu:

The official title of the production is:
    Star Wars: Circle of Seven - Episode I.

However, the director has given it the informal name of "Project: Final Exam".

The story's timeline is set in the RETURN OF THE SITH era, which is 2000 years before the Battle of Yavin. (courtesy of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game, WOTC 2002.) For more information on the events leading up to the Battle of Ruusan, please refer to the "Jedi vs. Sith" comic book series or graphic novel.

The story revolves around a "Jedi Academy" format. The "Harry Potter" movies provide an excellent reference parallel. The main conflict of the story is between the Jedi Order and a mercenary faction known as Shroud Legion.

Due to budgetary reasons, all of the characters will be human or humanoid in nature. There will be a limited number of droids appearing in the production.

I hope you find this information interesting. I will be in touch again soon.

Peace,
    VinDyr01

7. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    First of all, Happy Valentine's Day everyone and Hello! I haven't checked in for a while. Just decided to log on and see how our Hawaiian Fanforce had progressed during my absence.

This sounds like it is going to be a a good film. I have been thinking about making a fan film, but lack the knowledge and know how to do it. Maybe I can learn something from these creative individuals? I think I will email the director to see what I can do to help out.

Anyway, I'll be around. Let me know if you guys plan any outings or meetings.

8. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    you're welcome to join us anytime.

9. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    Hey, I wouldn't mind being a part of a fan film. I'm not sure what I can offer as far as a speaking role. But I think I can be an extra. I don't have my own costumes though. Also, I wouldn't mind just watching the filming to see how the process is done.

10. FuimusMaximus

FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah me too. I'd love to get involved and I know other SW fans that would as well.

11. VinDyr01

VinDyr01 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey guys and gals! It's me again with some more news on the progress of the upcoming SW fan film currently in pre-production here in the 50th state.

Shooting has been slated to begin on the first week of June. Before the start of shooting, hopefully, all of the costumes, actors, and tech crew will be ready to proceed into production. Wish us luck.

The director would like to take this time to thank everyone who took the time to respond to the casting call. If you are still interested, please feel free to e-mail the director at Terris00@aol.com

I would like to encourage each of you to see the play, "Arabian Nights", currently at Leeward Community College's Lab Theatre.Many of the actors signed on to appear in the fan film are also cast members in this entertaining play. So, please come down and see it. The show runs today, tomorrow, and Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of next week. The show starts at 8 p.m., and tickets are $5.

Also, I am pleased to announce that the script has been completed for the movie. It is quite long (100 pages) but very good. Anyone interested in obtaining a copy on loan please e-mail the director at the above address.

And for those of you who are interested, we are also looking for any kind soul willing to donate his or her time on the production. Whether it could be just running around buying wooden dowels, or donating a video camera for shooting, any help from the local fan community will be appreciated. Anyone interested can contact the director.

Well, that's about it for now. We in the production all look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Mahalo Nui Loa,
    VinDyr01

12. JeepChicksMechanic

JeepChicksMechanic Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    Aloha, from the desert planet! Sounds like you guys get to have all the fun. Mac, maybe your little R2D2 can get a part in the movie, sounds like you've got him trained well enough. Good luck to every1 who is trying out for the movie, we look forward to seeing it.

Take care,
    Keoki and Pola
    "Ohana" means family and that you watched Lilo & Stitch.

13. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG, a posty from Tatooine....... :D :D :D

14. soopatroopa

Nov 22, 2002
    awwwwwww nuts! I was waiting to see info on trying out for a part (even a background part) oh well, hope it goes well for you guys :)

15. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    did you email him? people get sick, busy with real life; there may parts open yet.

16. VinDyr01

VinDyr01 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey guys, this is VinDyr here with the latest news about the Star Wars fanfilm being produced in the 50th state!

In an attempt to minimize the expense of this film, the original script has gone through major revision, which includes the deletion of an entire sequence and the loss of one character. A revised script is in the works, but only a few copies will be made available. Please contact the director at Terris00@aol.com if you are interested in receiving a copy for 7-day loan when it becomes available.Also, the director would like to meet with anyone who would like to be a part of this groundbreaking experience.

Unfortunately, I report that all speaking roles for the production have been filled, but extra roles are still available. Also, keep in mind, that this story will eventually become a trilogy, and that still leaves two more fanfilms to cast. That shouldn't stop you from letting the people in charge know you are still interested.

Well, that's about it from me. I look forward to talking more about this in the days ahead.

Peace,
    VinDyr01

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.