main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Open Casting

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Maharishineo, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    Well, I'm 24 years old, 5'9" with short dark hair and looking for work, so... why not? I've got nothing to lose except the time it takes to put it together. Let's just hope they don't go all American Idol and put all the worst audition tapes on the blu-ray! :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Krayt-Eagle

Krayt-Eagle Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2007
    I'm 22, 5'8", brunette. I'm athletic, but I'll leave beauty in the eye of the beholder. Think they'll mind my Boston accent?:cool:

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    20 years old and ready to go lol. Going to for sure submit an audition video.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm 28 and scruffy. So I'm the perfect fit for a son of a certain scruffy-looking nerf herder. :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. JediMasterRenton

JediMasterRenton Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2005
    Well, my friend's and I threw our collective stormtrooper helmets into the ring. Let us know what you think!

markdeez33 likes this.
  6. DLINE

DLINE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2013
    I wish I went to the open cast it was yesterday but I had school :(

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm 22, athletic, ruggedly handsome, and can do many voices. Unfortunately, I'm not going to drive all that way.

8. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
  9. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    That would be awesome! I bet some of them are pretty funny.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm off at the weekend to audition, though I don't really fit the role requirements.

Still, I hope I can get a role as an extra. I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that, but it would be cool even if I wear a latex mask or a helmet and appear in the background for 3 seconds.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. The-Fandom-Menace

The-Fandom-Menace Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2013
    If anyone has attended a meet and greet audition i would welcome any advice or information on what to expect! I'll be auditioning myself in Nashville soon and need all the help i can get .

12. Axel.Prin

Axel.Prin Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2013
    I've been in Star Wars casting, here is a video with my point of vue on it and what you should be prepare for:

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Axel.Prin : Welcome to the boards. As you can see, I just deleted every instance of your posting of that video except this one. That is considered spamming, and if it happens again you'll have to take a break from the boards. ;)

14. Axel.Prin

Axel.Prin Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2013
    Sorry spamming wasn't the point I just wanted to inform a lot of people and I didn't new exactly where to post this video. As I say I goal is only informing and not spamming.

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, it's OK... just wanted to make sure you knew about that rule and why I'd deleted all the other posts of that video except the one here in this thread.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Axel.Prin

Seeing you post that video everywhere may have been much. :)

But that said, your video was informative and frankly, pretty damn funny in spots, too. Thanks for sharing it with us.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  17. The-Fandom-Menace

The-Fandom-Menace Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2013
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That's an interesting video for sure.

19. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Axel.Prin I enjoyed your video, but I have to say... what did you expect? When having to narrow down a group of thousands in an open casting call, it only makes sense that the first criteria they use will be someone with a certain look that they're going for. Only once they've done that will they discern what kind of acting talent, if any, people have. Just because they go for the look first, that doesn't mean that's the be all end all of what they want when they actually get around to casting the part. It just means they have to thin the herds somehow and superficial appearance is the quickest and most obvious way to do that. And acting experience doesn't necessarily equate to talent or ability. I imagine the point of these open casting calls is that they want to find unknowns who have the ability to act, and experience isn't the most important indicator of that ability. They aren't just going to cast the movie with talentless pretty faces... well, not intentionally at least.

Krayt-Eagle and Maharishineo like this.
  20. Axel.Prin

Axel.Prin Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2013
    Trebor Sabreon @The-Fandom-Menance I Are The Internets you're welcolme Thanks for taking time to look at her.

Mystery_Roach: well that's the problem they are looking for someone that look exactly has the last 200 heros we've seen in movies. There is a lot of way to make this casting better and I will prouve it to you:
    1. Don't come with only 5 people to see the people comming take a less 30 (should'nt be a problem with disney trust me)
    2. Ask them questions related to the character what does they think of him, does they look good (not fan of that bue ok why not) does they have any experiences?
    3. I people look like the character, if the have the same idea that the director have or if they have experience call them back and take more time with them.
    4 Continues like this until you have one that fit the most and his not always looking exactly how we though he will exemple Harrison Ford on Indiana Jones.

The problem is not that the don't took time with everybody the problem are: they said they will and they are just looking for a physic and don't care about the rest. And that stupid because in the three important thing I told you (Physic, talent and same idea) physical aspect is the most easy to change.

And another but this one is my point of vue: why always a ****ing handsome guy? Mark Hamill wasn't handsome and was amazing (by the way they didn't call him yet), Ian McKellen isn't handsome neither and he is amazng too, Anthony Hopkins in Hannibal, etc... what the difference between them and people today? They start acting when physical aspect wasn't the most important part and they had a chance to proove they were good at it. And trust I've seen people that have a talent so much better that what we call "stars" today.

Edit: Language; gotta star out the whole word.

21. Axel.Prin

Axel.Prin Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2013
    More exemples: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, Patrick Stewart in Star Trek, Richard Dean Anderson in Stargate well I guess you get my point.

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Please use the EDIT function to add to your posts... don't make back-to-back posts. Thanks.

23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Mark Hamill was a pretty decent looking guy prior to his accident.

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    let's be honest, the accident didn't change his looks that much. Slightly, but not drastic. Different hair cuts affected his perceived looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dewback likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's not like he looks like Jonah Hex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.