main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Open House on Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Thanksgiving dinner we have always invited our family and friends to join us.. the tradition started with friends that had no relatives in town.. or relatives out of town.. we pretty much always have a full house .. at least 12 or so friends and family.. so of course anyone that wants to join us for Thanksgiving dinner.. please do.. we normally start to eat around 6pm on Thanksgiving evening.. but throughout the day we have friends that drop by or show up and help cook... if anyone would like to join us .. we would love to have you.. we will be having.. corned beef brisket, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, cranberry relish, green bean casserole, cream style corn, sweet potatoe and marshmellow casserole,tossed salad, fruit salad of some sort, and then pumpkin pie, sweet potatoe pie, banana cream pie, lemon ice box pie.. and anything else we come up with between now and next thursday... Ya'll know how I love to cook.. comes from growing up in the south..so if your looking for a place to celebrate Thanksgiving.. by all means Join Us.. guests welcome as well.

2. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oops.. forgot.. mashed potatoes and gravy as well.

3. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I am having T-Giving dinner and family crap at my brother's house...but he starts pretty early...so If I can make it to you guys after that I will, Put me down for some Pecan Pie.

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    pecan pie.. good choice :)

5. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Well fellow SW Universe-ese, I just wanted to say that I greatly appreciate all of you for being here in this grand hobby/passion/obsession, and making this community that much more enjoyable. I wish that one day we can have a Weekend event, much like the Meetings of old and meet all those I do not know..and share a ice cold can of Coca-Cola with all of you as 1 force, but here is the next closest thing to that...these forums.

I am thankfull for my brothers/sisters of the Force.net forums [:D]

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING [face_chicken]

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I hope we all had an awesome day.. I know I did!! now time for bed.. for the next twelve or so hours for certain. :) Hope ya'll all had enough food to eat.. I've got enough food to eat for the next week that is for sure.. and everyone still left with full stomachs.

9. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    OMG people, you should have witnessed the spread over at Cat's house...there was sooooo much food, and everything home made!!!!!!! Tip of the hat to Chef's Cat and Jake. The briskett, and turkey Jake handled was in a word...stupendous! And there was no less than 9 pies on the counter!!!!!! Thanks for having us, and I might find myself back over there aroud Sat night....(with an empty stomach).... [face_praying]

We should all actually show up..make it a November meet. If its cool with Cat and Jake that is....

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    our home is open on saturday night for anyone interested in coming over.. this might be a good opportunity for JM and some of you others that have saturday nights free. We can have pie and coffee and any other leftovers. I chowed down on more raw veggies and dip just now. and had a piece of prickly pear pie. I too was in total bow down appreciation to Jake over his mastery of the smoked brisket and deep friend Turkey. With any luck there should be some brisket left on saturday.

11. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Just wanted to say Thanks to Cat and Jake, had a wonderfull time

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Jake and Cat want to say THANK YOU to all you folks that came over.. and to remind folks they can come over again on saturday night if they so wish.. Jada..this means you.. well it means anyone.. but I am pointing a finger [face_dancing] at you

13. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Well, Due to Cat feeling Ill the Sat night get together at Cat's is cancelled. I hope you feel better Cat!!!!!!! If you need me, I am a phone call away!!!!! [:D]

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    My apologies to everyone for cancelling last night.. I was pretty much under the weather.. spent most of the night where none of you would tread to go... the powder room in all its porcelain glory.. just too much going on for the last week or so.. or else the little mexican place at the rodeway inn from lunch during traffic school.. whatever it was.. I am taking it easy today and should be back up to par by tommorrow with no ill aftereffects.

15. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Yeah..sure, blame the Mexicans....so typical...whitey. :p

16. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Glad U R feeling better

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    thank you.. I am feeling much better now for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.