Salisb, NC Open Letter to Fan Force and the 501st

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by SmashVadersFist, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmashVadersFist Jedi Youngling

Point #1:
    It has come to my attention that my log in on here has offended some members of certain groups. Regardless of that fact that was not my intent. When it comes down to it we are huge geeks, uber geeks if you prefer. I mean most of us own at least one wearable costume if not two. I have nearly five complete suits now myself. My name is solely done to poke fun at myself and that is all. I was for a long time a member of the 501st and would like to believe that I still have a few friends in that group. I also want people to know that I left for my own reasons and not those which may have been relayed by my co-founders of the Imperial Remnant.

Point #2:
    The Imperial Remnant is, as of this moment, a memory. I am sorry to say that this is so because, like the 501st it was started in good faith and fun. As the last remaining founder I am ending it, not because it failed, because some people wanted it to be used for purposes other then costuming and fun, I will not tolerate that. George Lucas created a huge universe with more then enough room for everyone to play in.

Point #3:
    At no time did I condone, initiate or support any attacks against any other group out there. My stand, and some of our former members can attest to this was always that we were small time and I preferred that to anything. I am aware however that a former member of my group is spreading false information where this is concerned. If anyone out there wants to know where I stood then or where I do now just ask me.

Point #4:
    After this had had time to be read by anyone who may want to see it I am asking that my log in id be deleted so I can start a new one and put all of these issues behind me and this group. Maybe in the future I will even see an invite to attend a 501st/Fanforce gathering.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
  2. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    This is a great attitude to cary forward for ALL. The circle is now complete. The Salisbury Fan Force welcomes EVERYONE who will obey the rules and remember this is for fun and social networking with like minded people who share a passion for Star Wars and all it holds dear to our hearts. The SFF will enforce the rights of people on ALL sides and will not tolerate any drama, threats or childish behavior with both a strict enforcement of the club rules and a legal response if needed. The IR situation between the founders is just that - between you three and will be left off these public boards out of respect for all of you with the SFF taking NO SIDES (I personally resigned from the IR for my own reasons months ago).

I can pointedly say that after speaking with many members of the other groups that they are just as passionate about putting all that uneeded stress directed at them behind them too. They really are a good group of people doing great things and we at the SFF hope to continue this new found understanding - so much was cleared up recently that I wish I had encountered them persoanlly before all this - it would have been so much easier.

As far as your username - I believe it will not be deleted. You simply CREATE a new one (leaving the old one behind) and acknowledge that it is a sock account (Basically that you have more than one sign on name), I will stand corrected if any different.

Thank you for the new direction and attitude - enjoy the boards...

3. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We are now Salisbury Fan Force! This is a new beginning for all of us. It has started out a good one as old friends have come back in and we have met some new ones I have a couple of ideas for your user name if you would like to hear them. I will send them to you on MySpace and you said that you won't be using Smash any more. Glad to hear from you. The more of us fanatics (you can't call us fans any more), the better. I think we need a party! [face_dancing]
  4. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    To paraphrase Pumba . . . let's not put our behinds in our past. ;)

Hope some of you can make it out to the Concord Mills event on Saturday. We'll have R2-KT there and as of now we've got over 25 characters attending. :eek:

Most likely because I'm coordinating event I'll be wearing this:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/501st/COSTUMESUPPORT.jpg]
  5. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Things may not work out for our out of town event and I may end up at the Concord Mills one as a fan to see the R2KT with kids in tow... I'll have to offer to volunteer at one of these CFF/501st/REBEL events as a fellow Fan Forcer - non-costumed assistant to get to know them more...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.